PDA

View Full Version : Im Back.

Sleet_v2
Sep 1, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hello all, I was very active on these boards and in the game over 5 years ago when PSO for DC was very popular. I am going to return to PSU because It is probably a better gfame to be addicted to than World of Warcraft. I was wondering, which System would it be best to get it on? I have a Mac so the PC version is a no go, and i dont have a PS2 nor a X box 360. I am not sure which console to buy.. if I go with PS2 I can get Guitar hero 1 and 2, but I am not too interested in any other games. if I get Xbox 360 I have the ability to play new games for the next few years until the next next gen consoles come out.... Any help on the decision? Thanks

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well, I guess it all goes down to if you wanna play with 360 only, or play with PS2 and PC players.

Sleet_v2
Sep 1, 2006, 06:17 PM
Oh its for sure not connected?

DarkShadowX
Sep 1, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yea 360 is seperated from PS2 and PC.

Kers
Sep 1, 2006, 06:20 PM
If you aren't playing with friends on the PC/PS2 version, I'd get the 360, because I expect it to feel like a high performance PC.

Sleet_v2
Sep 1, 2006, 06:22 PM
Right but which will have more players? Im guessing the PC+ PS2 one

McLaughlin
Sep 1, 2006, 06:25 PM
Both will easily fill ships. I'd get an Xbox 360, because PS2 will soon lose Sony's support, as the PS3 launches in November.

Plus the 360 gets Voice Chat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vitius137
Sep 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
pc+ps2 will have much more players (I assume) than xbox 360. also, xbox 360 version comes out (a bit) later.

xbox 360 version supports microphone chat but I heard the graphics on it are blurry.

Sleet_v2
Sep 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know of any good games for Xbox 360 that are going to come out?

McLaughlin
Sep 1, 2006, 06:31 PM
Prey, Dead Rising, Halo2 (while not actually a 360 game, it might as well be >_>), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gears of War is coming, Saints Row, Halo3 is set for sometime '07, a bazillion sports games, Fable 2, Assassin's Creed. The list goes on.

The Xbox 360 version will hit the same time as the PC and PS2 versions will (I've been told by several stores anyway). I seriously doubt the graphics would be blurry on a console that's on par with most computers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-01 16:32 ]</font>

Axios-
Sep 1, 2006, 07:04 PM
I'd say get the 360 because of its future. I'm not into buying a console for one game, even if that game is PSU. As much as Sony will tell you it won't, PS2 will go by the wayside as its lifespan ends. Yes, the 360 version will in all likelihood have a smaller population, but it probably won't be so small that it'll feel desolate.

Ash1ey
Sep 1, 2006, 07:13 PM
I remember the name Sleet from way back when, I dont think we knew eachother but I definatley know your name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Welcome back

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Ignore all these people telling you to buy a high-priced new console.

First of all, you can get a used slimline PS2 for $100. That's a good deal. The library is already established. As you mentioned, Guitar Hero is a godly game. It's cheaper all around to go with the PS2. I'd only spring for the 360 version if graphics are really that big of an issue for you. Personally I'm getting the PC version when it is available.

And before anyone levels that fanboy finger at me, I own a 360, thank you very much. I even enjoy it. But if you don't already own one, now is not the time to buy. The price will be dropping soon, I guarantee it.

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 10:08 PM
Don't be so quick to ignore all those people.

He already stated that he's not really interested in any games asides PSU, and the two Guitar Heroes.

It just depends on your available cash level, really. If you can afford to spring for a 360, go for it. While its established library isn't as large (though it does have a good number of old Xbox games it supports, and the number is growing all the time), it'll be getting a far larger number of the new games that come out, as fewer and fewer new games are getting developed for the PS2 (new Spongebob and sports games don't count). There have been many threads here already with people astonished that they even developed PSU for the PS2 in the first place.

If you can't afford a 360, then go for the PS2. It's still a great console (I'm borrowing one from a friend currently to play through a couple games while awaiting the US launch of PSU), and, while it doesn't look as good as the 360 or PC versions, it still looks pretty damn good (especially considering that it's running on a PS2 o_0).

If you do plan to get a 360, then I'd agree with Nekomimi and wait at least until PSU is released before grabbing it. The price may very well drop by then, especially with the impending release of the PS3.