PDA

View Full Version : Data Resquest To Importers

Kimil
Sep 1, 2006, 07:39 PM
I was wonderring if some people could test this out for me, Could some inporters test out these class combinations here? There's only Three classes I'm concerned about:

HUnewm/HUnewearl
RAbeast/RAbeasl
FOcast/FOcaseal

Basically I just want to get the opinions of people who make these classes: What is notibally good or bad about them.

Ether
Sep 1, 2006, 07:51 PM
You might find this useful

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=117982&forum=20

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 08:39 PM
Can we not use those ugly names anymore? Just say 'Female Beast Ranger'. RAbeasl sounds incredibly...ugly. Bleh.

Besides, what if you had the Hunter-Ranger Expert class selected? HURAbeasl? Sounds like garbage.

Oji_Retta
Sep 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-09-01 18:39, Nekomimi wrote:
Can we not use those ugly names anymore? Just say 'Female Beast Ranger'. RAbeasl sounds incredibly...ugly. Bleh.

Besides, what if you had the Hunter-Ranger Expert class selected? HURAbeasl? Sounds like garbage.

I agree. That does sound hideous.

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 09:54 PM
I much prefer saying HUcaseal or FOnewm as opposed to female-cast-hunter or male-cast-force.

As for Expert Types, I don't find anything wrong with using HURA for Figunners, RAFO for Guntechter, and HUFO for Wartechter. Then there's FHU for the "pure hunter" Expert Type, FRA for "pure ranger," and FFO for "pure force." Dunno what to use for the Trap-Setting class... perhaps just PT (for ProTranser)?

The point of the shorthand isn't to sound nice, it's just a lot more convenient than typing out female-beast-ranger, male-human-protranser and the like.

And not to be rude, but I doubt any of the importers want to spend their time trying out various race/gender/class combinations upon request. They probably want to enjoy their game for a little while. If they happen to have one of those combinations anyway, or perhaps they're of the type who like to try out everything, then that's a different story of course.

Nekomimi
Sep 1, 2006, 09:55 PM
Then just use the three letter shortening if you don't want to type it all out. 'FBR' is easier than 'female beast ranger' and ten times better than the ugly (and totally made up) 'RAbeasl'.

Kyuu
Sep 1, 2006, 10:15 PM
If someone types out FBR out of nowhere, pretty much everyone is going to be "Huh?" for the most part. The HUmar, RAcaseal, etc. shorthand is already established. The only part that's "made up" (though of course Sega made up the whole thing in the first place) is the beast suffix, because Sega has given us that one.

But whatever, to each his own. If "FBR" becomes the popular shorthand, I'll deal with it. Till then, I'll stick with what most people use and seem to prefer.

TremorChrist
Sep 1, 2006, 11:16 PM
A vanity question to the importers...

Is there an option in the character creation for eyepatches? My HUnewearl had one in PSO and I'd like to carry on the look for PSU.