PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions PSU jp'ers

DoubleJG
Sep 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
1. Have any of you tried playing this game on dial-up or know of anyone who has? Does it work? I have dial-up & wireless via laptop, yet would still like to know if my dial-up would work if for some reason my wireless is out of range.

2. Is it easy to import a PSU jp version? I've been thinking of doing so lately, yet do not have a modded PS2. Would a PSUPC work just fine on my laptop or computer? Or does that need to be japanese or modded somehow?

Thank you for any helpful information in advance.

vitius137
Sep 2, 2006, 01:19 AM
1. (I hope xenokai is listening http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) Some people have played on dial-up and have reported that PSU can be played and could still possibly be enjoyable on dial-up. However, there is lots of lag and it is hard to hit enemies and sometimes you get hit out of nowhere because of lag.

2. I'm pretty sure you can easily import JP PSU from a website like lik-sang or play-asia. It won't work w/o a modded ps2. I think you need to change your PC's language to Japanese to be able to play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-09-01 23:19 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Sep 2, 2006, 01:26 AM
Am I able to change my language to Japanese easily, such as under control panel? Or do I need to download something and reboot, etc etc...

Oh, two more questions:

1. Do Shifta and Deband actually have meaning in this game? In PSO as we all know, S&D was always on and it just became a norm. Are they somewhat "special" in this game?

2. How long do you think it would take to ship out here from Japan?

vitius137
Sep 2, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-09-01 23:26, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Am I able to change my language to Japanese easily, such as under control panel? Or do I need to download something and reboot, etc etc...

Oh, two more questions:

1. Do Shifta and Deband actually have meaning in this game? In PSO as we all know, S&D was always on and it just became a norm. Are they somewhat "special" in this game?

2. How long do you think it would take to ship out here from Japan?

All you need is a windows xp cd (normally) I don't know exactly how to do it though.

1. Shifta and Deband now have different names, not sure if they're any more special than before.

2. It would probably take a couple of weeks.

DoubleJG
Sep 2, 2006, 01:39 AM
Dam, no point in ordering it then... After shipping the price from play-asia would be $70, a bit too much especially since it wouldn't arrive until mid-late September. Guess I'll just have to wait until October and live off of all the nice players who submit new screens and clips every once in awhile.

Thanks for the feedback Vitius.