PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Error 57! Argh!

markmacd
Sep 2, 2006, 05:13 AM
Anyone else keep getting 'error 57' anytime you try to switch universe or head to your room? Getting it almost everytime here.

Also chugging on my PC, dunno if it's the lag or just for being in the default spawn area..?

Unknown_PC
Sep 2, 2006, 05:32 AM
Yes definitely, getting disconnected a lot today with various error 57s.

Maybe it's just due to the peak time on weekends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ulyoth
Sep 2, 2006, 06:20 AM
Yep me too, is that all it says "you have been disconnected, blah blah blah"?

Ryna
Sep 2, 2006, 08:19 AM
I'm getting a bunch of disconnections too. The one time I was able to connect, I checked out the server listing. All 40 Universes were at 4 to 5 stars.

uhawww
Sep 2, 2006, 09:08 AM
Another Announcement regarding the servers getting hammered...

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=28

"Players are experiencing problems with the SEGAlink central server, whereas players may frequently disconnect, or may experience a phenomenon where after disconnecting, they may no longer be able to authenticate to the SEGAlink server to log back on. We are continuing the investigate and alleviate this problem, and expect standard operation sometime in the early hours of Sept 3.

Any additional information will be posted to the Official Site.

If you are experiencing these issues with Network Mode, we ask you do the following:

-Do not continuously attempt to log back in if disconnected or unable to verify SEGAlink ID (Error 57 or 60). Please wait before attempting again.

-Please refrain from using the Universe transport stations if at all possible. Also, please refrain from traversing between "My Room" and the Universe.

-If you atempt to log on, and in character selection, your character data is incorrect, please do not log on at that time. Exit the game for 10 minutes, then try again.

-If you are experiencing continued failure in trying to log on, please enjoy Story Mode (lol)

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience, and ask for your cooperation and understanding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-02 07:14 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 2, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm enjoying Story Mode for right now since maintaining an online connection is impossible.

Did that stress testing from closed beta actually accomplish anything?

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 2, 2006, 11:48 AM
Stress test would have been open beta, not closed beta. Sega had no idea there was going to be this many players.

markmacd
Sep 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-09-02 07:08, uhawww wrote

Ah, damn Sega....thanks much for the translation uhawww. This does some serious damage to my weekend PSU plans :/

Wish there was some reason to play single player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markmacd on 2006-09-02 10:07 ]</font>

Calamity
Sep 2, 2006, 12:13 PM
is it like that for the pc or all of the systems..

Ryna
Sep 2, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-09-02 10:13, LILC wrote:
is it like that for the pc or all of the systems..

I believe it affects all systems.

Axios-
Sep 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
Heh, overpopulation. Such good news in such a bad way.

markmacd
Sep 2, 2006, 08:31 PM
::sigh::...now can't get on at all...just hangs at the"reading latest patch file" promp, then I get a number 38 (time out) eventually. Been happening from 6-6:30 today PST, anyone else?

markmacd
Sep 2, 2006, 08:34 PM
ah, apprently this is the roll back.

Anyone want to meet up and play later tonight? I'll set something up in a more appropriate thread...

watashiwa
Sep 2, 2006, 08:35 PM
I feel lucky. *knocks on wood* I haven't had any problems connecting and neither have the various people I've played with since like.. yesterday.. and that only lasted for a few minutes..

I've been able to get on every single time and stay on without disconnecting or anything..

To markmacd, you won't be able to get on for awhile anyway. Emergency maintenance is occuring right now. Scheduled to last between 09:00-12:00 JP time. Right now, as I post this, it's 10:35am JP time. An announcement on the official webpage says maintenance may exceed the 12:00 target, though. So, yeah, find something else to do in the meantime.