PDA

View Full Version : Bonuses awarded on completion of graded segments?

donnieaxel
Sep 2, 2006, 07:37 AM
I have the PS2 version and I've completed several 'segments' within chapters where I'm apparently graded on performace across factors such as 'number of enemies defeated' and 'time taken'. I've noticed that I recieve some kind of reward. I haven't been awarded a grade lower than 'A'. Just wondering if someone could give me a rough idea of what it is I'm being rewarded with?

EspioKaos
Sep 2, 2006, 07:55 AM
From the videos I've seen, you're given a meseta award depending on how well you rank.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 05:26 PM
Meseta, and Class XP.

Tycho
Sep 2, 2006, 05:41 PM
From what I've heard, there would be special rewards for S-rank as well, such as new Photon Arts.

Avalandiel
Sep 3, 2006, 01:20 AM
I achieved an S-rank on one of the missions and was awarded a weapon. ^_^

~~Ava

donnieaxel
Sep 3, 2006, 03:05 AM
Awww, a weapon?! That's awesome. Congrats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 03:08 AM
O rly? Which mission? I've yet to recieve a material reward for S-ranking something.

Unknown_PC
Sep 3, 2006, 03:12 AM
I remember receiving a mechgun for getting a S rank in chapter 4 after one of the train missions.

But it seems most S rank rewards in the beginning of story mode are mostly just synthesizing ingredients and some photon arts.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 03:15 AM
Wait, I lied. I got a Dragon Statue for my room after S-ranking the dragon Free Mission.

Saner
Sep 3, 2006, 04:01 PM
free mission? what other types of missions are there? any vehicle missions yet? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 04:35 PM
A Free Mission would be a non-Story Mission. Most the Story Mode missions are Story Missions, with some Free Missions available, while all current Network Mode missions being Free, although Sega plans to add Story Missions into the online segment every so often, I do believe.

Free Mission just means it isn't pertinent to the story line. And I haven't heard of anyone playing one of the vehicle levels yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-03 14:36 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-09-03 01:15, Nekomimi wrote:
Wait, I lied. I got a Dragon Statue for my room after S-ranking the dragon Free Mission.

Sweet, TROPHIES! Specifically, your prize stuffed and mounted in your room for display. The only thing better would be to wear the kill, but I guess that's a little too savage for such an advanced society.

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 01:16 AM
It appears that the Photon Arts you sometimes receive after completing a Story or Free mission offline is based on which NPC is currently in your party.

For example :
Karen gives dagger photon art disks
Hyuga gives saber photon arts
Leogini gives sword photon arts
Maya gives techniques
And so on

I'll do some more testings when I get off work tonight, since it's still unconfirmed. I am also not sure if it requires a S rank for the current mission to receive photon arts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-03 23:19 ]</font>

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 01:20 AM
On 2006-09-03 23:16, Unknown_PC wrote:
It appears that the Photon Arts you sometimes receive after completing a Story or Free mission offline is based on which NPC is currently in your party.

For example :
Karen gives dagger photon art disks
Hyuga gives saber photon arts
Leogini gives sword photon arts
Maya gives techniques
And so on

I'll do some more testings when I get off work tonight, since it's still unconfirmed. I am also not sure if it requires a S rank for the current mission to receive photon arts.

Karen is an NPC for Numans online?? I thought it was Maya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif how did you get Karen?

also are the missions now online in Japan, all free missions are are there some story missions already avaialble?

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-09-03 23:20, Saner wrote:

Karen is an NPC for Numans online?? I thought it was Maya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif how did you get Karen?

also are the missions now online in Japan, all free missions are are there some story missions already avaialble?

My previous post was strickly talking about offline contents (offline Story mode, offline Extra Mode), sorry for the confusion.

I haven't had enough playtime in Network mode to find out how to obtain new Photon Arts or Techniques other than the store-bought ones. Some people suggest that they're still locked contents, mob drops or made from item synthesis. Perhaps someone with more extensive online experiences could enlighten us?

As for the other question, it appears that all missions in Network mode right now are simply Free Missions, no online Story missions yet as far as I could tell.

Diablohead
Sep 4, 2006, 04:29 AM
Free missions just sounds like the hunters guild, nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 12:49 PM
hmm how many missions are available online now???

I heard something like 6.... one would think they would have more missions available or unlockable, unless they plan on unsealing the next missions later this week or something.