PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about classes....

purplehaze
Sep 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
I appologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I haven't been on the boards in a long while.

How exactly do the classes work in PSU? More specifically, can you, say...level up to lvl 20 as a Force and then switch classes on the same character and level up to lvl 20 or above as a Hunter (and then switch between each class at will)? Is that how it works, or do I have it all wrong?

Kyuu
Sep 2, 2006, 10:45 AM
Yes, that is correct. However, two key points: you do not keep any of the stats or abilities you gained as, say, a Hunter if you change your job to Ranger or Force. (All your progress in the Hunter class will still be there if you choose to change back, of course). Also, it costs money to switch jobs, with the cost rising each time you do it. I haven't heard any news on whether there's a cap on the cost (as I doubt most want to waste all their meseta testing it out). In any case, eventually it'll probably get pretty expensive, so it's not advisable to constantly be switching jobs willy-nilly.

purplehaze
Sep 2, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ok. Got it. Thanks!

Arias
Sep 2, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hmmmh, that does sound interesting.
Once you got A or Srank on your skills, you could switch jobs, great!:D

princejake2
Sep 2, 2006, 12:38 PM
One question though. If you do multiple classes like that, is there a certain point where each one stops leveling? Or can you get all of them S Ranked?

sigseven
Sep 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-09-02 08:45, Kyuu wrote:
Yes, that is correct. However, two key points: you do not keep any of the stats or abilities you gained as, say, a Hunter if you change your job to Ranger or Force. (All your progress in the Hunter class will still be there if you choose to change back, of course). Also, it costs money to switch jobs, with the cost rising each time you do it. I haven't heard any news on whether there's a cap on the cost (as I doubt most want to waste all their meseta testing it out). In any case, eventually it'll probably get pretty expensive, so it's not advisable to constantly be switching jobs willy-nilly.
Assuming PSUPedia is accurate, it's actually based on your character level, which would make it look like it's increasing each time. http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Classes

Kyuu
Sep 2, 2006, 05:00 PM
Oh really? That's interesting... well, then I guess it depends on how expensive it gets once your character is at a high level then I guess.

Ether
Sep 2, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think the cost goes up 50 meseta per level. It was 750 for me to change jobs earlier

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 05:08 PM
Hmm, well I don't plan on switching classes so much so I guess it's not that much of a problem for me in the end.

purplehaze
Sep 3, 2006, 08:14 PM
Now exactly WHEN can you change classes? I'm assuming only in between missions....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: purplehaze on 2006-09-03 18:14 ]</font>

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 08:17 PM
You can change your class whenever you're in the city, whether you're in the middle of a mission or not.

You have to start chapter 3 to change classes in story mode though.

Dynheart
Sep 3, 2006, 11:43 PM
Are there benefits to the class changing at all? I mean other than just having level cap per class, does it add ANYTHING?

Just curious...

P.S: Also, if you can do all this class changing to one character, why does one need 5 character slots? Diffrent name? Race? In the end it's the same thing, right? Or am I missing something?

Please clearify.