PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 version



ACpilot
Sep 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
I have some questions a about the Xbox 360 version:
1. are the graphics as horrible as people have said?
2. how is the community, were the servers filled like the Pc and PS2 versions?
3. does the 360 version lag using DSL?
and thanks to anyone who responds

A2K
Sep 2, 2006, 01:07 PM
1. The version in question was an in-progress build and does not reflect how the final game will turn out.
2. The game isn't out yet on Xbox 360 in any region.
3. See #2.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-02 11:07 ]</font>

Pob
Sep 2, 2006, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's out yet.

I was just playing PSO (yes PSO) with a JP player who said it wouldn't be out for another 4 months on 360. I don't know how accurate that is though...

ACpilot
Sep 2, 2006, 01:10 PM
So will sonic team will release the 360 japanese version and the NA 360 version at the same time?

A2K
Sep 2, 2006, 01:12 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think there are solid dates for either region. There actually hasn't been much info about the 360 version specifically since it was announced. (Exclusive Xbox Live features, achievements, the like... we've had no word so far.)

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 01:38 PM
Graphics are horrible alright.
Read IGN review, they had it for x360 and they said it looked same as PS2.
Thats horrible alright. One more reason SEGA shouldn't have released it for PS2 and waited for PS3.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727235p1.html
*its on page 3 .. second to last paragraph or so

SEGA's f**king up!




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-02 11:48 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 2, 2006, 01:47 PM
So you're not going to buy the game, right?

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-09-02 11:47, Parn wrote:
So you're not going to buy the game, right?


If you talking to me:
No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.
There are MANY MANY MANY mmorpgs comming out close to 2007.

TremorChrist
Sep 2, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-09-02 11:38, peenk wrote:
Graphics are horrible alright.
Read IGN review, they had it for x360 and they said it looked same as PS2.
Thats horrible alright. One more reason SEGA shouldn't have released it for PS2 and waited for PS3.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727235p1.html
*its on page 3 .. second to last paragraph or so

SEGA's f**king up!



It's a preview, and I don't think anyone was expecting the 360 version to look all that better then the ps2 version.

Eclypse
Sep 2, 2006, 02:26 PM
Well to the genius that thinks the IGN preview was a vaild build of PSU, let's remember that playing a version of the game that is only around 50% complete hardly reflects what the end product will be. The game will not look like other 360 games because it was developed with the graphics engine in mind for the PC or the 360. If the game was developed based on a PC or 360 engine, it wouldn't run on the PS2 at all so that's why the betabuild of the game that IGN has doesn't look all that great.

Besides the only thing that looks any different is the backgrounds and even they don't look that bad, so stop being dramatic.

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-09-02 11:38, peenk wrote:
Graphics are horrible alright.
Read IGN review, they had it for x360 and they said it looked same as PS2.
Thats horrible alright. One more reason SEGA shouldn't have released it for PS2 and waited for PS3.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727235p1.html
*its on page 3 .. second to last paragraph or so

SEGA's f**king up!




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-02 11:48 ]</font>


While the game would've looked better if it was released for PS3 I don't think many ppl would by it considering PS3 is a $500+ system depending on which PS3 you'll buy, and I for one certainly don't have that kind of money to shell out for just a game console so I'm glad its for PS2.

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-09-02 12:26, Eclypse wrote:
Well to the genius that thinks the IGN preview was a vaild build of PSU, let's remember that playing a version of the game that is only around 50% complete hardly reflects what the end product will be. The game will not look like other 360 games because it was developed with the graphics engine in mind for the PC or the 360. If the game was developed based on a PC or 360 engine, it wouldn't run on the PS2 at all so that's why the betabuild of the game that IGN has doesn't look all that great.

Besides the only thing that looks any different is the backgrounds and even they don't look that bad, so stop being dramatic.


just wait and see for 360 release
- -
edit: refrain from calling names!





<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-02 13:35 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Sep 2, 2006, 03:43 PM
No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like you... I thought I was just generalizing based on your attrocious grammar and spelling, so I was civil to you in the other thread. (After deleting my initial response). Now at least you've proven my instincts right, nothing but an ill-informed douchebag.

I think you're just mad at the X360 because Circuit City ripped you off on their special "$30 Backwards Compatability Installation" deal.

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-09-02 13:43, Sinue_v2 wrote:

No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like you... I thought I was just generalizing based on your attrocious grammar and spelling, so I was civil to you in the other thread. (After deleting my initial response). Now at least you've proven my instincts right, nothing but an ill-informed douchebag.

I think you're just mad at the X360 because Circuit City ripped you off on their special "$30 Backwards Compatability Installation" deal.


1. Do not own 360 and not even thinking of getting it
2. yo mama

ANIMEniac
Sep 2, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-09-02 13:43, Sinue_v2 wrote:
[quote]No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.

at least have the respect to rent the game

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-09-02 14:05, ANIMEniac wrote:



On 2006-09-02 13:43, Sinue_v2 wrote:
[quote]No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.

at least have the respect to rent the game


I bought GC a week after I heared PSO was going to be released for the system. 199.99.
I spend 39.99 on broadband adapter for GC.
EPII - 49.99, was full of bugs and I spent about 100 hours playing it then quit due to corrupted memory (my char was deleted) and because of online cheating.

When SEGA gives me a check for about $240 I'll rent.

Well I actually have gamefly account >_<


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-02 14:13 ]</font>

Dhylec
Sep 2, 2006, 04:22 PM
EPII - 49.99, was full of bugs and I spent about 100 hours playing it then quit due to corrupted memory (my char was deleted) and because of online cheating.
While it's sad, frustrating, even painful, to lose your characters to corruption, but 100hrs were hardly anything huge. I, as well as many others, have lost multiple high-level characters, even multiple times, due to online corruptions. That didn't stop me from liking the game or start venting everytime.

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 04:25 PM
On 2006-09-02 14:22, Dhylec wrote:

EPII - 49.99, was full of bugs and I spent about 100 hours playing it then quit due to corrupted memory (my char was deleted) and because of online cheating.
While it's sad, frustrating, even painful, to lose your characters to corruption, but 100hrs were hardly anything huge. I, as well as many others, have lost multiple high-level characters, even multiple times, due to online corruptions. That didn't stop me from liking the game or start venting everytime.


Well its different for everyone. I just did not feel I had to put up with any of the bugs that were even slightly similar to v1/v2. Especially memory corruption and cheating(duping).

Brus
Sep 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-09-02 11:38, peenk wrote:
One more reason SEGA shouldn't have released it for PS2 and waited for PS3.




Are you insane? I wont even list off the many valid reasons why that is a retarded idea.

Anyways, I'm guessing the 360 final build will look at least as good as the PC.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-09-02 15:41 ]</font>

phunk
Sep 2, 2006, 05:49 PM
Its called a preview, what IGN played wasn't a final build. X360's release has been slated for sometime in Fall, but thats always subject to change.

zandra117
Sep 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
peenk, stop being such a fanboy, the 360 version was only announced 2 or 3 months ago, it's still in development. The demo that IGN played was probably an early build and is nowhere near the final product.

peenk
Sep 2, 2006, 06:14 PM
Relax people, so 360 graphics will suck when compared to other 360 titles.
Not a big deal if gameplay/community is good. Lets just hope 360 servers will be connected though I dont have 360 nor will get one.
Fine, I will post no more on this subject until end of November, when it comes out for 360 and you will see for yourselves.



On 2006-09-02 16:13, zandra117 wrote:
peenk, stop being such a fanboy, the 360 version was only announced 2 or 3 months ago, it's still in development. The demo that IGN played was probably an early build and is nowhere near the final product.


Announced only 2 or 3 months ago but already scheduled to come out in NA alongside with PS2 and PC.
....Right, ... Only way SEGA can make PSU that quick is if they port it. Which they will.


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-02 16:17 ]</font>


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-02 16:18 ]</font>

zandra117
Sep 2, 2006, 06:35 PM
Its not officially scheduled yet, the PSU official website in japan has xbox360 listed as N/A.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 06:48 PM
Stop feeding his fanboy flames, people. He's perfectly capable of making himself look like an idiot without anyone elses help.

Personally I think the 360 version WILL have sub-par (for the system) graphics. That's just how Sega operates. They'll be better than the PS2 but not as good as the PC running at full spec. Does it really matter what the game looks like though? No. I'm playing the PS2 version right now and it's fine.

Eclypse
Sep 2, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-09-02 13:33, peenk wrote:


On 2006-09-02 12:26, Eclypse wrote:
Well to the genius that thinks the IGN preview was a vaild build of PSU, let's remember that playing a version of the game that is only around 50% complete hardly reflects what the end product will be. The game will not look like other 360 games because it was developed with the graphics engine in mind for the PC or the 360. If the game was developed based on a PC or 360 engine, it wouldn't run on the PS2 at all so that's why the betabuild of the game that IGN has doesn't look all that great.

Besides the only thing that looks any different is the backgrounds and even they don't look that bad, so stop being dramatic.


just wait and see for 360 release
- -
edit: refrain from calling names!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-02 13:35 ]</font>


Wait and see what? There isn't going to be anything wrong with it. People are acting like a bunch of chandeliers in regards to the unfinished version of this game. People need to stop crying and just wait and see.

Kuzzle
Sep 2, 2006, 10:19 PM
Uh... Maybe it's just my utter lack of spelling-related prowess, but... Did you just say people were acting like lighting fixtures?

Eclypse
Sep 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
It's Cockney rhyming slang for another word in English.

Kers
Sep 3, 2006, 11:01 AM
On 2006-09-02 16:48, Nekomimi wrote:

Personally I think the 360 version WILL have sub-par (for the system) graphics. That's just how Sega operates. They'll be better than the PS2 but not as good as the PC running at full spec. Does it really matter what the game looks like though? No. I'm playing the PS2 version right now and it's fine.



If the 360 version has 60 fps that'll look good enough for me.

Fleece
Sep 3, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-09-02 16:14, peenk wrote:
Relax people, so 360 graphics will suck when compared to other 360 titles.
Not a big deal if gameplay/community is good. Lets just hope 360 servers will be connected though I dont have 360 nor will get one.
Fine, I will post no more on this subject until end of November, when it comes out for 360 and you will see for yourselves.



On 2006-09-02 16:13, zandra117 wrote:
peenk, stop being such a fanboy, the 360 version was only announced 2 or 3 months ago, it's still in development. The demo that IGN played was probably an early build and is nowhere near the final product.


Announced only 2 or 3 months ago but already scheduled to come out in NA alongside with PS2 and PC.
....Right, ... Only way SEGA can make PSU that quick is if they port it. Which they will.




Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Peenk my good man you are quite clearly a Cock.

Minswune
Sep 3, 2006, 11:36 AM
Not entirely sure here, but I'd think, maybe, just maybe, this game may be comparable to ffxi (Though xbox ffxi was in development longer then psu [in time from it being announced for xbox i mean]) but; it's out for pc/ps2 and xbox, pc and xbox are about the same (Graphics wise), and ps2 is slightly worse (worse as in things aren't as sharp or pretty looking.)

Either way, it's really pointless to argue about such a topic, considering we don't have a real version of psu for xbox to comment about, so it's really just best to bide time till a version is released, then go from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Otis_Kat
Sep 3, 2006, 11:42 AM
Xbox360 version probably won't even be released in Japan, seeing that about five people have one there.

Velocity_7
Sep 3, 2006, 12:49 PM
Also remember that, at some point, the PS2 version could get ditched in favor of upgrading Xbox 360/PC versions more. Those two have greater potential for upgrades/updates and the like.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 01:10 PM
Peenk is the worst possible combination of my favorite adjectives.

The only reason he's pissed is because he'll have to sell his house to afford a PS3 (because he's obviously one of the die-hard fans Sony was talking about when they stated "people will buy our console, even if it doesn't release with any games.")

The version IGN played was a betabuild, as has been stated several times. The graphics will more than likely be better than the PS2 version, but not as great as a PC running max settings. As for filling servers, it'll easily fill "Universes" (ships). Why? Because right now, the only MMORPG on the Xbox 360 is a 4 year old port with a ton of arrogant players, and over priced equipment.

DSL shouldn't be any laggier than Cable, unless you've got like, 6 MB/s.

Peenk, by proclaiming your predujices to the entirety of the board, you've not only made yourself out to be a fanboy, but you've solidified my view of you: An idiot.

Congradulations. Now leave.

- -
edit: refrain from calling names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-03 12:54 ]</font>

phunk
Sep 3, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-09-03 11:10, Zeta wrote:
Peenk is the worst possible combination of my favorite adjectives.

Ignorant, stupid, and an asshat.

The only reason he's pissed is because he'll have to sell his house to afford a PS3 (because he's obviously one of the die-hard fans Sony was talking about when they stated "people will buy our console, even if it doesn't release with any games.")

The version IGN played was a betabuild, as has been stated several times. The graphics will more than likely be better than the PS2 version, but not as great as a PC running max settings. As for filling servers, it'll easily fill "Universes" (ships). Why? Because right now, the only MMORPG on the Xbox 360 is a 4 year old port with a ton of arrogant players, and over priced equipment.

DSL shouldn't be any laggier than Cable, unless you've got like, 6 MB/s.

Peenk, by proclaiming your predujices to the entirety of the board, you've not only made yourself out to be a fanboy, but you've solidified my view of you: An idiot.

Congradulations. Now leave.



QFT

Ryoga4523
Sep 3, 2006, 02:53 PM
Not to sound mean... but I have a 360, and the only game that is worth (currently) shelling out $60 for is Oblivion. Right now it is just an over-priced DVD player that looks pretty. The bottom line is gameplay, not graphics. People play games and continue to play for months if not years because the gameplay is outstanding. Just look at PSO for the DC. To be honest, it only had 4 levels, with 2 semi-difficult bosses. But most of us played and played and played through the ruins just because it was fun everytime. To bring about my point, stop arguing over which is better the PC, ps2 or Xbox, cause no matter what they are all going to be fun. It is not like the ps2 user's are going to be playing graphics the like of star wars: masters of teras kasi or something.

Cross
Sep 3, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-09-03 12:53, Ryoga4523 wrote:
Not to sound mean... but I have a 360, and the only game that is worth (currently) shelling out $60 for is Oblivion.

Oh, well it's a good thing that opinions are objective and can't possibly differ from person to person based on individual tastes then.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-03 12:56 ]</font>

peenk
Sep 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
I like 360. I like my PC more and kinda stopped playing consoles alltogether.
Lets stop bashing me and wait and see how PSU will look like on 360.
I've played many betas of ALL kinda of games (latest were archlord, battlefield 2142, and dawn of war expansion). Through my experience beta's dont change that much from final product when talking about graphics. Betas' help to find/fix the bugs/glitches, graphics stay the same. My $0.02.

Dingo
Sep 3, 2006, 03:53 PM
People are really touchy when someone mentions possible downsides to the 360 version. How does peenk come across as such a sony fanboy? Maybe just a little, but IMO he has valid points.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:10 PM
Peenk, what you're playing are what I like to call 'consumer betas'. You wouldn't know a real beta-test if it bit you in the ass, I'm sure. When's the last time you actually submitted a detailed bug-report after doing something crazy, then spending hours trying to duplicate the problem? Never, because you just want to play games for free, like most beta-testers.

As many people have said, who really cares how it looks on 360? If they're only playing a 60% build right now, of course it will look better when it is released. But it doesn't really matter. PSO looks like crap and people still play that.

In any case, seeing as how you don't even own a 360, I don't think you've got any business complaining about how a game is going to look on it. It doesn't affect you in any way and it shouldn't matter to you either. Bashing a system you don't even own is fanboyism, plain and simple.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 04:18 PM
I'm not jumping on people for pointing out cons to the Xbox 360, I'm jumping on people who spew incorrect information (whether this is do to ignorance or otherwise is redundant), and then they try to defend their missinformed posts by posting redundant crap, or something totally beyond the scope of the topic.

And obviously I'm going to twitch when some tool says "It looks better on PS2. Get that!!" because not only were the screenshots taken from a betabuild (read: Unfinished version of the game, used for reviewing purposes only), but the Xbox 360 is substantially more powerful than the PS2.

Eclypse
Sep 3, 2006, 05:59 PM
Who gives a shit if the graphics don't change. Gaming is about more than just graphics. You all sound like a bunch or retards crying about a game that hasn't even been in full developement. The Xbox version isn't going to compare to the other version until they have had the same amount of time to complete it. When Saint's Row first beta'd back around launch time of the 360, that game was pure crap, but after delaying it and retooling certain things, it's one of the best games on the Xbox. There is still 2 months time until the soonest possible release of PSU on the 360, so until it releases and you have played it with your own controller and viewed it with you own 2 eyes.............PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT ALREADY..........good lord.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 06:08 PM
Um...October is only 1 month away.

I honestly don't care about graphics, but since other people are missinforming the topic creator, I felt the need to provide some accurate information. You must have skipped over the "redundant crap" part of my post. All you said was "Wait for the game guys. Then we can judge it." In no way does that answer any of the TC's questions, nor does it provide anything relevant to the "bunch of retards crying over graphics" argument.

Before you start throwing words around, make sure you have something valuable to add to the conversation other than "I don't know what to say here so SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!".

Eclypse
Sep 3, 2006, 06:15 PM
The game doesn't come out on October 1st. The game is scheduled to release 10/24 for the PS2 and PC, and no sooner than mid Novemeber for the 360 so that would mean at least 2 months.

Now...........first of all the OPs questions have been addressed many many moons ago so nothing you are saying is contributing to his question. Nothing you say is any different than anything else anyone else says. The game isn't out, the community is filled and can't be since the game isn't out, and you can't test lag because once again the game isn't out. It's not rocket science, it's common sense........use it.

Why you are responding directly to me is beyond me, but since you feel the need to get at someone, maybe you should scroll up before replying because I've addressed the OP days ago, and nothing ANYONE is saying is giving the OP further information.

Done.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 06:28 PM
I'd like a link that says the 360 version will be at least a month late. Don't insinuate things without providing proof.

Common sense tells anyone who's had both Cable and DSL that there is virtually no difference in latency (unless you order different speeds for Cable/DSL)

I said 1 month as an approximation. I guess I should have been more specific. Approximately 50 days until the phantom release date.

Now we're done.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 07:06 PM
All three platforms have been given the same shipping date, as well as their respective, official, promitional, display boxes that say "coming soon". This tells me that the "phantom date" is accurate, seeing as we have information from Sega on their shipping dates for all three versions, as well as official advertisment for all three versions.

peenk
Sep 3, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-09-03 14:10, Nekomimi wrote:
Peenk, what you're playing are what I like to call 'consumer betas'. You wouldn't know a real beta-test if it bit you in the ass, I'm sure. When's the last time you actually submitted a detailed bug-report after doing something crazy, then spending hours trying to duplicate the problem? Never, because you just want to play games for free, like most beta-testers.

As many people have said, who really cares how it looks on 360? If they're only playing a 60% build right now, of course it will look better when it is released. But it doesn't really matter. PSO looks like crap and people still play that.

In any case, seeing as how you don't even own a 360, I don't think you've got any business complaining about how a game is going to look on it. It doesn't affect you in any way and it shouldn't matter to you either. Bashing a system you don't even own is fanboyism, plain and simple.


There is no 'consumer' and 'real' beta tests. There are alpha builds and beta builds. Seems like you dont know wtf you talking about. And TESTING a beta DOES involve playing it since thats how you find bugs in the first place. Because thats what a person who buys finished product will do: PLAY THE GAME.
I think PSU would benefit if it was a game designed with HD support. Since PS3 will have HD in both versions, I would prefer it comes out to PS3. Now where did you see me saying PS3 is better than 360? I however said that PS3 is better than PS2 and even you'd agree to that.
I like 360 as a system. I've said it before and say it again. However, being RPG fan, xbox didnt not have many of the genre I like and neither does 360. I simply dont want to buy a system when I know that games comming out for it are better off on PC anyway.
Now, name one game that was ported to ANY other system where beta had worse graphics than final release, since you are so knowledgable on betas.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-03 21:51 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
EDIT: I need to read better.

And graphics tend to be better once the game is finished. IGN played a 60% complete version (or something close to that). At 60% you can't expect to have the final image quality.





<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-03 21:59 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 11:58 PM
Already changed it. And it isn't just being ported either.

peenk
Sep 3, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-09-03 21:48, peenk wrote:
Now, name one game that was ported to ANY other system where beta had worse graphics than final release, since you are so knowledgable on betas.



On 2006-09-03 21:52, Zeta wrote:
Phantasy Star Universe >_>

The Runescape2 Beta (the member-only one, before the open beta).

I could name several others, but I'm tired and in severe agony.


Read before you answer.

BoxyBrown
Sep 3, 2006, 11:59 PM
Peenk if u said u wernt getting PSU then y r u still posting on this forum?

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 12:02 AM
How would you know that it isnt being ported?
It was announced for 360 about 1-2 months ago and it comes out close to end of October. I'd say its enough to say that its being ported.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-09-03 21:59, BoxyBrown wrote:
Peenk if u said u wernt getting PSU then y r u still posting on this forum?


You dont read.
I said Ill try it before buying it. Thats different in case you dont know. And I am posting because people like you keep answering.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:04 AM
Peenk, I know very well the difference between an alpha and a beta build. I also know the difference between a real beta test (closed) and a marketing/money saving technique (open). Apparently you don't.

BoxyBrown
Sep 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:04, peenk wrote:


On 2006-09-03 21:59, BoxyBrown wrote:
Peenk if u said u wernt getting PSU then y r u still posting on this forum?


You dont read.
I said Ill try it before buying it. Thats different in case you dont know. And I am posting because people like you keep answering.



ok my bad. i forgot u said u would try it out.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:04, Nekomimi wrote:
Peenk, I know very well the difference between an alpha and a beta build. I also know the difference between a real beta test (closed) and a marketing/money saving technique (open). Apparently you don't.


Close and open betas depend on what type of game is being developed. All online games (not any budget crap) have beta tests if applicable. Mmorpgs especially. PSU is a genre of its own. I've played tons of closed betas and only difference is that only a limited number of people are allowed.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:15 AM
Hahaha...sure.

Apparently you haven't been in quite as many betas as you think, or you'd remember back to about 4 years ago when open betas were quite uncommon. That's because in open beta, 99% of the people, like you, only want to play the game for free. None of them try to break the game or submit bug reports, which is exactly the point of a beta test. There's a reason 'open beta' often goes right up until a couple days before the game goes live, and that's because you're often playing the final build of the game. It's a MARKETING PLOY to get people PLAYING THE GAME so they will want to PAY for it when it is live. It is NOT a real beta test.

And if you want proof of how well it's working, look at places like Fileplanet now, where, instead of getting PAID to test games like it should be, you instead are PAYING for the privilege of doing it for them.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:18 AM
Who is a troll? >.>;

A2K
Sep 4, 2006, 12:19 AM
Please, for the love of God, refrain from feeding this troll. He has made no worthwhile contribution and every post he makes is positioned to ellicit a negative reaction from the rest of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-03 22:20 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 4, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:18, Nekomimi wrote:
Who is a troll? >.>;



You'd be the feeder, actually. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:22 AM
Ah, I see. Personally I don't have any problems feeding trolls, because usually it's amusing for everyone involved. It's a little like bullfighting, actually. Bait the troll, then stab it when it totally misses the point or fails an argument due to bad grammar/spelling/facts. Repeat until dead or bored.

Miphesto
Sep 4, 2006, 12:35 AM
i'd also like to add that the release date for the 360 is the same as all the other systems...anyone who says differently doesnt know wtf they are talking about

and 360 version probably will look alot like ps2, with high def...but everyone knows, it's not the graphics that make the game, this game will do just fine, the fanbase is good, and i'm sure it will be awesome, if it's anything like pso.

quit trolling, buy the game, it will be well worth your money no matter what system you play

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 12:36 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:22, Nekomimi wrote:
...or bored.

Ah right on the money.
Except you dont really read either. Your responses are full of personal and bias openion (nowhere have I said that I do not report bugs/errors/etc. in betas). It doesnt really bother me since pretty much everyone posts that way. Plus I disagree with the idea of open betas being a marketing ploy. I, for example, can tell if I will want to play a game after I spend 1-3 hours playing it. What usually gets me to buy a game is if I read the back of the box in a game store but it usually is a disappoinment.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:46 AM
Yes. I'm pretty bored, actually. I have better things to do anyway...like clean my barracks room. @[email protected] Gotta be spotless by Tuesday morning so I can clear for Okinawa.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 12:52 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:46, Nekomimi wrote:
so I can clear for Okinawa.

<-- Jealous http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I'd like to visit Japan. Not cities but rural places they try to show in animes (hot baths and temples).
On a side note, 360 graphics will be same as PS2.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-03 22:52 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 4, 2006, 12:59 AM
it's beyond me why anyone would want the xbox360 version. slightly better graphics,voice chat and achievements dont even come close to making up for segregated servers.

zandra117
Sep 4, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:59, Alisha wrote:
it's beyond me why anyone would want the xbox360 version. slightly better graphics,voice chat and achievements dont even come close to making up for segregated servers.


Yes it does, are you gonna be playing with every single individual on the pc and ps2 versions? NO

Besides universes only support 500 people each so its not like we are gonna see any more empty towns than you are.

Plus we will be less likely to experience bugs caused by overcrowded servers that the importers are experiencing now.


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-03 23:03 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 01:03 AM
Although I'm buying the PC version, it's my personal belief that the 360 version will actually be the most secure version of the game. There aren't really any cheating devices for the 360 as of yet and it's hard to hack it.

If the PS2 and PC versions somehow end up getting comprimised, I'll be scooting over to the 360 version faster than a photon.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 01:04 AM
Faster loading times for one. But seperate servers idea does suck.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-03 23:04 ]</font>

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-09-02 14:05, ANIMEniac wrote:



On 2006-09-02 13:43, Sinue_v2 wrote:
[quote]No, I wont untill I try it out. D/L a copy .. play it in single player and then think about if its worth $50+online fee.

at least have the respect to rent the game


I've already replied to that. Read page 2 or 3 or 4.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 01:10 AM
I've bought bad games in the past and been burned by companies before. Does that give me, or you, the right to steal? No. It's wrong, plain and simple. You can make up any kind of excuse you want, but that's all it will ever be, an excuse. You're still stealing and it's still wrong and if you're a Christian I hope you enjoy hot/cold (depending on who you listen to ) places.

Kindaichi
Sep 4, 2006, 01:10 AM
I really want the 360 version because i really like the console feel of the game and voice chat thats it. I dont have a ps2 so i have to go with 360 but i'm angry that our game cost 60 and not 50 where its the same game basically. Whatever if it turns out that noone gets the 360 version ill get the pc version.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 01:16 AM
Not only that, I will let other people know too.
Want a PS2 JP PSU? PM me I might help you out. I cant find PC version though but thats temporary.

zandra117
Sep 4, 2006, 01:28 AM
On 2006-09-03 23:16, peenk wrote:
Not only that, I will let other people know too.
Want a PS2 JP PSU? PM me I might help you out. I cant find PC version though but thats temporary.


http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum#38
PSOW Forum rule #20.Illegal Activities
Warez or illegal related content of any kind is grounds to be banned by our discretion.Links to such material as well as requests for it, are considered the same as posting the actual material. You may not ask for Warez, ROMs, or MP3s, OGGs, ADXs (or any other such music media for that matter) or ask for links to such sites containing specified content and you may not provide links to such sites.

You are asking people to PM you about obtaining the Pirated ISO of the JP version of PSU. You are really close to getting yourself banned.

peenk
Sep 4, 2006, 01:42 AM
bump