PDA

View Full Version : Weakness in Race...what should i do...

Kayai
Sep 2, 2006, 05:23 PM
well, ya know how they say that like Newman are bad Hunters and Cast dont make very good Force...well would that be a stupid move?

Like in FFXI, it would be dumb to say make a TaruTaru Warrior...is it the same concept, or in PSU is it acceptable?

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 05:26 PM
Might be the same concept, but I guess it can depend on the player. I for one if I wanted to would make like a Cast Force or whatnot.

Dirty_Filthy
Sep 2, 2006, 05:27 PM
I played a Tarutaru warrior, and then a Tarutaru ninja. While I didn't have the best hp or defense, I did have an awesome character that I was interested in playing, that I hadn't picked just because of what Johnny Minmax had told me to.

Kayai
Sep 2, 2006, 05:30 PM
hmm, thanks, that helps alot and makes things work out for me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cry0
Sep 2, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well I think the intent of the game is to focus on the strongs and specialties of the character. If of course doing damage is what you want.

Fun is another thing. Cant say I'm not tempted to tr focast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NightHour13
Sep 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
Although im going to have a hunter beast, im going to fool around with pistols a bit. Don't really care what stats say, although in this game the differences are VERY evident.

Ask a importer to test some things out, like if beasts can really not shoot for their life or if casts can't...cast for their...battery....s....?

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-09-02 15:40, NightHour13 wrote:
Although im going to have a hunter beast, im going to fool around with pistols a bit. Don't really care what stats say, although in this game the differences are VERY evident.

Ask a importer to test some things out, like if beasts can really not shoot for their life or if casts can't...cast for their...battery....s....?

I refuse to cast for my batteries on the account thats I'm running on Nuclear Power, NOS, and WD-40.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 2, 2006, 07:31 PM
The races just have what they are best at and what they are worst at just like real life. It doesn't mean you can't experiment.

Zeig123
Sep 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
yah I totally agree cause I plan to play a HUnewm and I will continue to play him no matter what stats say

Wubbie
Sep 2, 2006, 08:49 PM
I was also a Taru Paladin, the best damn Pally alive... No lie.

It's possible to get away with using the "worst" race... You just have to strive to be better and more Skillful.

Niki
Sep 2, 2006, 08:57 PM
Play what you like. People who refuse to team up with you based on your stats are not worth playing with anyway.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 2, 2006, 09:21 PM
the difference between the races in certain classes don't seem to be too drastic, also, I think HUnewms would be effective with their awesome Evasion and good ATA, they're not the brute strength type of Hunters. then again, I haven't played yet, just trying to give my two cents.

Natrokos
Sep 3, 2006, 12:43 AM
This isn't the same game as FFXI! =) (I hope) We have less 'job' combos in expert mode and each one has very specific strengths.....Like a HUFO Cast and a HUFO Newm (Wartechter is too long) A HUFO Cast would be more melee oriented but still be able to cast some support techs for the group while I think the Newm will be able to use magic more effective but not be as hard of a hitter.....Don't worry about it right now! There's still so much we don't know.

Natrokos
Sep 3, 2006, 12:44 AM
This isn't the same game as FFXI! =) (I hope) We have less 'job' combos in expert mode and each one has very specific strengths.....Like a HUFO Cast and a HUFO Newm (Wartechter is too long) A HUFO Cast would be more melee oriented but still be able to cast some support techs for the group while I think the Newm will be able to use magic more effective but not be as hard of a hitter.....Don't worry about it right now! There's still so much we don't know.