PDA

View Full Version : PSU Level cap: 50

Zodd
Sep 2, 2006, 06:22 PM
I didn't know that the level cap was still unknown to all, and people I met at Palum tonight told me that I should post this info, so.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://www.4gamer.net/news.php?url=/specials/060831_psu_int/060831_psu_int_001.shtml

According to this interview, the director Sakai and the producer revealed that the current level cap for PSU is 50.

I think it's a reasonable cap... What do you guys think?

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
For now it is, of course I feel kinda sry for players who've gotten close and are gonna lose all that progress cuz of the rollback.

zandra117
Sep 2, 2006, 06:27 PM
How could they have gotten close to the cap? The game's only been out for like 3 days.

Ether
Sep 2, 2006, 06:28 PM
The cap in the beta was 30, this is absurdly low. I guess Sega doesnt want people to play forever

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 06:28 PM
There's always that one person(s) who play a tad bit too much, but you never know.

Kimil
Sep 2, 2006, 06:29 PM
They'll raise it, I mean LOOK AT THE OFFLINE GAME!
I've seen pics of Ethan at level 76, so this is only temporary for shure

vitius137
Sep 2, 2006, 06:29 PM
they'll probably raise it soon. I hope.

DarkShadowX
Sep 2, 2006, 06:31 PM
On 2006-09-02 16:29, Kimil wrote:
They'll raise it, I mean LOOK AT THE OFFLINE GAME!
I've seen pics of Ethan at level 76, so this is only temporary for shure

Of course its only temporary, the offline game really has nothing to do with it being that the cap for that is probably 100 since once you get through all that story whats the point of still lvling.

SSNX
Sep 2, 2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, we have status for Lv90.

zandra117
Sep 2, 2006, 06:32 PM
They will probably raise it as they release missions and areas for higher level players to keep people from rushing to get to the highest level and leaving other players in the dust.

Ether
Sep 2, 2006, 06:33 PM
Seriously though, level 50 cap and only 6 areas, I feel like I'm playing the 2nd beta, not the full game

Nisshoku
Sep 2, 2006, 06:35 PM
I'm guess that they're starting at this for now, and them plan on upping it up to Lv100, I'd be guessing.

Saiffy
Sep 2, 2006, 06:42 PM
On 2006-09-02 16:33, Ether wrote:
Seriously though, level 50 cap and only 6 areas, I feel like I'm playing the 2nd beta, not the full game

Easy solution: Don't play it then.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 06:42 PM
Sounds exactly the same as the rollout for PSOBB.

Kimil
Sep 2, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-09-02 16:42, Nekomimi wrote:

I never played BB, please explain dude

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 2, 2006, 06:47 PM
Its the model of online games. Release only part of the game, then release the rest like expansions, but without the added costs of printing new disks, and force players to continue paying the monsthly charges.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-09-02 16:44, Kimil wrote:

On 2006-09-02 16:42, Nekomimi wrote:

I never played BB, please explain dude

When PSOBB first came out, V. Hard wasn't even unlocked yet. (Or was that Ultimate?) In any case, new difficulties were unlocked as time went by. It took about 6 months, I think, for all of the 'normal' game to become available, and almost a year for all the challenge missions.

To be honest, I don't understand why Sega is doing it that way. All they got were complaints last time, and it's just an artificial lengthener. That's mostly why I quit PSOBB, because I didn't like having to wait to play something I knew was already coded and ready to go.

DoubleJG
Sep 2, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-09-02 16:33, Ether wrote:

I haven't done much research as to how many areas there are in PSU. I know that there are 3 planets and 20* (correct?) bosses, so how many areas are there in the offline modes (both story and extra)? Because 6 areas does sound a bit minimal compared to how many there are in the offline portions.

Yet hopefully Sega will do something like they did for PSO and launch a cool new online only area (such as the Control Towers; not counting Plus) yet make it much more difficult, kind of a like a "omgz you're going to try playing there?!" area.

Zodd
Sep 2, 2006, 07:02 PM
You guys gotta remember that this cap is for the JP version so far. NA and EU releases might be different...

Kers
Sep 2, 2006, 07:03 PM
I expect the NA release to be the same. I think it's one of the reasons why the versions are seperate.

vitius137
Sep 2, 2006, 07:13 PM
well at least now I know why JP servers are seperate. It wouldn't be fair if they could be lvl 100 but our cap was only at 50.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-09-02 17:13, vitius137 wrote:
well at least now I know why JP servers are seperate. It wouldn't be fair if they could be lvl 100 but our cap was only at 50.

Someone gets it >.<

SSNX
Sep 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
I count 10 areas/missions (http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D11&prev=/language_tools) (although some look very similar, I guess it's the same as Forest1/2)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SSNX on 2006-09-02 17:46 ]</font>

zaff100
Sep 2, 2006, 07:57 PM
To be honest I see this from both sides of the coin. As a gamer (even though I havent got PSU JP) I understand people want everything unlocked and wanna play play play. Yet as a programmer I understand that the less there is unlocked the less area the programmers have to cover to find bugs and problems.

If they release step by step not only do they gain large amounts of cash generated by monthy fee's but they also the programmers dont have to lose their mind... and trust me a mad programmer isnt a good thing. haha

Zeota
Sep 2, 2006, 07:59 PM
Max level of 50 is just fine. Quite a few will be there by this time next week, no problem.

Ether
Sep 2, 2006, 08:19 PM
How is reaching the level cap in one week fine?

Lyrise
Sep 2, 2006, 08:24 PM
Because it's just one kind of level anyway. Just because you hit lv50, doesn't mean the levelling is over. I estimate people will only be around lv 9 on their forms max, and I'm pretty sure 10 isn't the max one can take their forms up (not to mention the extended classes to level too).

Emrald
Sep 2, 2006, 08:25 PM
Because a lot of people are obsessed with the MMORPG world of videogames....

Kuzzle
Sep 2, 2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, well, PSO spoiled a bunch of you with it's 200 level cap, or whatever. I mean, maybe the levels are more of a big deal in this? I don't know, but at least they didn't go the same route as D&D Online, and limit it to, like, 10 levels. Granted, I never played DDO, but, ya know...

zaff100
Sep 2, 2006, 08:37 PM
People want to be the best, some want to sell items and in game currency, some just want to have fun and enjoy the game. Everybody though no matter why they play RPG's all want to level up in some way shape or form. So stopping the people who want to be "ichiban" or number one is going to result in them getting annoyed as they have spent the last 3 days solid playing to be the best. When they have maxed other players will catch up.

Its just the way things work in these sort of games, we are all different in some way shape or form but seeing that people want to be the best is kinda nice as a programmer, seeing somebody place such effort and enthusiasm into something you helped create is the reason alot of people become involved in the game industry.

In my opinion just sit back, over obsessed otaku's (as in obsessive people about a certain area in this case gaming) will always want to be the best. People who want to hack will always try and hack. The rest of us game for our own reasons and will always do so... nothing we say or do will change this, why complain or argue about it, it wont change a thing.

afireinside
Sep 2, 2006, 08:44 PM
BB there was only normal mode, then they opened hard, finally vhard, then a while after we had to pay, ultimate came out. EP2 took a while and EP4 even later.

Kyunji
Sep 2, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-09-02 18:44, afireinside wrote:
BB there was only normal mode, then they opened hard, finally vhard, then a while after we had to pay, ultimate came out. EP2 took a while and EP4 even later.

Now that's just plain greed. When I played the Japanese beta (a full year before the U.S. one) Episode II was unlocked by default, and I know that I somehow ended up getting to hard mode. Now I feel a bit better about not playing Blue Burst when it came out in the U.S.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 2, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-09-02 18:37, zaff100 wrote:
People want to be the best, some want to sell items and in game currency, some just want to have fun and enjoy the game. Everybody though no matter why they play RPG's all want to level up in some way shape or form. So stopping the people who want to be "ichiban" or number one is going to result in them getting annoyed as they have spent the last 3 days solid playing to be the best. When they have maxed other players will catch up.

Its just the way things work in these sort of games, we are all different in some way shape or form but seeing that people want to be the best is kinda nice as a programmer, seeing somebody place such effort and enthusiasm into something you helped create is the reason alot of people become involved in the game industry.

In my opinion just sit back, over obsessed otaku's (as in obsessive people about a certain area in this case gaming) will always want to be the best. People who want to hack will always try and hack. The rest of us game for our own reasons and will always do so... nothing we say or do will change this, why complain or argue about it, it wont change a thing.

You appear to be an otaku for peppering in japanese terms whenever possible ;P

Emrald
Sep 2, 2006, 09:03 PM
Though he has a point...People do what they love to do when ever they can...Gaming will be a lot of our things we wana do and get good at espically in PSU

Hexadecimal
Sep 2, 2006, 09:17 PM
If I recall, Blue Burst had a rather slow start. I think it's Sega's attempt at prolonging the life of the game.

Emrald
Sep 2, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah that would make sense

Dre_o
Sep 2, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-09-02 17:59, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Max level of 50 is just fine. Quite a few will be there by this time next week, no problem.

Wow...am I the only one that gets that this guy's post is Candy Coated with sarcasm?? (or in other words, I agree)

Boys, girls, gentleman, ladies, lets look at something:

ST is taking the time to go out of it's way to fix major bugs in the game THIS EARLY. They're not afraid to do a rollback. They are DEAD SET on making this game one of the best in existance. Do you REALLY think LV 50 will be the level cap????

Holy crap, this isn't WoW or Guild Wars we're talkin about. This is a game whose predecessor had a level cap of 200.

Lets think rationally.

(I could reach that in 4 days, max)

SailorDaravon
Sep 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
I don't think it'll be THAT big of a deal for two reasons. First, that'll probably get raise relatively quickly. Secondly as already mentioned, there's a lot more to do and get up besides your main level, you have all the class levels, rares, etc. I think it'll work, so long as they keep regular content on a fairly quick/regular basis. If they can do that, I think this would actually be better, so people just starting later on won't be SO far behind people who've been playing for a while and have maxed out and so on. It's still really early, so let's see how they handle it.

Kimil
Sep 2, 2006, 10:12 PM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2889.jpg

... Yah, look at the levels Level Capped My Ass (lol)

Kamica
Sep 2, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-09-02 20:12, Kimil wrote:
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2889.jpg

... Yah, look at the levels Level Capped My Ass (lol)

What part of "story mode" do you not get?

ShadowDragon28
Sep 2, 2006, 10:32 PM
Is it Summer break in Japan? Have Japanese players learned hack the exp. levels in storymode or something?

I find it just a bit hard to believe a person playing storymode for a total of 24 hrs straight would finish the storymode already.

It can't be that short, and that super easy to level can it??? I seriously hope that after getting "game clear" that higher difficulty settings open up for Story Mode and Extra Mode ala PSO's " Hard , Very Hard "....

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 10:42 PM
Dude, he just saved a bunch of games in different slots. No one said he's FINISHED. I've seen gameplay movies of the end at level 70 and higher.

Kyuu
Sep 2, 2006, 10:50 PM
Actually, if you look at the fourth save slot on the screenshot he posted, it says "Game Clear," if you can read katakana. I presume that's a save file that has cleared the game, so he probably is finished.

Further, it's not really all that hard to believe. The game has been out for 3 days now. Assuming the Story Mode is supposed to be ~40 hours long, that's pretty easy to finish in 2 or 3 days time if you're just playing that and don't have a job or school to worry about. Not to mention, if you just shoot straight through a game without exploring or doing any side-quests, you can generally do it in as much as half the time it's supposed to last. So, a clear in 24 hours and 30 minutes (the time on that fourth save file) is cetainly achievable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-02 20:53 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Sep 2, 2006, 10:53 PM
In the pic, the last save at the bottom reads " Game Clear" 24:30:02
translated to English; "Game Clear" usually means the game was completed...

Seems there are 12 chapters according the save file data in that pic.

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 10:55 PM
Ah...well, maybe it is that short, if you rush through and don't do any levelling or rare-hunting.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 2, 2006, 11:14 PM
For a game that's about $65 in equavalent Yen, that's a alot of rushing through. Maybe it's Summer break in japan or something? silly not-sleeping hardcore JP Otaku... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nekomimi
Sep 2, 2006, 11:17 PM
I'm not too worried about shortness of Story mode, as it's only a precursor to Extra/Online mode in any case.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 2, 2006, 11:19 PM
I really hope that with completing story mode that harder difficulty levels become available, like in PSO.

ethereal
Sep 2, 2006, 11:20 PM
hopefully.

Zeig123
Sep 2, 2006, 11:36 PM
yah cause if not the game is kinda going to suck

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 12:49 AM
I don't think there are difficulty levels akin to the ones in PSO. Instead, missions can have different difficulty ranks (C, B, A, or S), which determine their difficulty as well as the rewards.

You can probably go back through Story Mode missions at higher rankings after you've cleared it once. Can't say for sure, though, since I chose to save my $81 and just wait for the US release.

Saner
Sep 3, 2006, 01:19 AM
there is still Extra mode. rankings seems to be the difficulty selection now.

Pengfishh
Sep 3, 2006, 01:41 AM
Eh, I can see 50 being the cap of caps. You can always improve yourself past that by leveling Photon Arts and your class level. Perhaps this will encourage people not to focus solely on one class and let all of the classes go throughout endgame.

Saner
Sep 3, 2006, 01:44 AM
do you think 50 is enough for the....um oh hey there is 6-10 areas available online right? hmmm.

I would think online would have as many areas as offline has, with new areas having to be unlocked by beating previous areas. but not one has completed all the online missions to find out if more are unlocked or ppl have to wait for an update?

Shadow_Wing
Sep 3, 2006, 01:46 AM
Also there's a tonne of updates which we don't know what they pretain. There's a lot of potential we still don't know about

Sev
Sep 3, 2006, 03:21 AM
It's as simple as they haven't released all of the content yet. That's all there is to it.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:07 AM
We already know that 50 isn't the highest cap, because there are stats available through level 90.

kassy
Sep 3, 2006, 04:17 AM
I'm fine with the level cap, it works well in other games. Means people can explore maxing other areas like weapons etc. when they hit 50, and can explore other areas of gameplay they might have just glanced at had they been focused on leveling to 100 (or whatever)

The way they "rolled out" content for BB was fun I thought, although there was a lot of complainers, it gave us something new to look forward to as a community, and everyone squeezed every drop outta what we had available, it was fun when the rarest weapon in the game was a double saber, lol, they trick is just not to leave it so long till unlocking the next "whatever" that people start getting PO'd.

And at the end of the day, not like there's gonna be huge donwloadable updates for PSU, they have to milk the expierennce for as long as they can by simply unlocking portions of the game already on the disc.

haha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kassy on 2006-09-03 02:21 ]</font>

ricodead
Sep 3, 2006, 05:39 AM
On 2006-09-03 02:17, kassy wrote:
I'm fine with the level cap, it works well in other games. Means people can explore maxing other areas like weapons etc. when they hit 50, and can explore other areas of gameplay they might have just glanced at had they been focused on leveling to 100 (or whatever)

The way they "rolled out" content for BB was fun I thought, although there was a lot of complainers, it gave us something new to look forward to as a community, and everyone squeezed every drop outta what we had available, it was fun when the rarest weapon in the game was a double saber, lol, they trick is just not to leave it so long till unlocking the next "whatever" that people start getting PO'd.

And at the end of the day, not like there's gonna be huge donwloadable updates for PSU, they have to milk the expierennce for as long as they can by simply unlocking portions of the game already on the disc.

haha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kassy on 2006-09-03 02:21 ]</font>

Ya but in BB the level cap was at its maximum of Lvl 200 from the outset.

Obviously the initial, seemingly low level cap of 50, won't suit those who like to power level (which a fair few liked to do in previous Pso's)

hypersaxon
Sep 3, 2006, 07:20 AM
Ha, down with the power levelers! Boo!!!

Having a cap of 50 isn't a big deal, gives people more incentive to start a new character in another slot while they wait for the level cap to increase. That's probably what I'll do if the US version has a similar level cap.

Fleece
Sep 3, 2006, 08:12 AM
Be patient.

EtherForce
Sep 3, 2006, 08:33 AM
On 2006-09-02 17:13, vitius137 wrote:

If we were to be joining the Japanese servers our level cap would be the same as theirs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EtherForce on 2006-09-03 06:33 ]</font>

Saikyn
Sep 3, 2006, 09:39 AM
I wish Sega would add some alliance type crap with 8 man raids or something =P to compensate. Gonna be wierd going from FFXI back to PSO type 4 person world. Miss doing stuff with 18+ people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arias
Sep 3, 2006, 09:42 AM
As I said once before, they didn't think there would be such freak hardcore players who got to lvl 50 by now.
They surely expected people to play offline

Emrald
Sep 3, 2006, 10:19 AM
I'm sure they expected people to play offline...but there are saddly to many gamers who just play without minding the story...the story is the heart of the game...then there's gameplay

Diablohead
Sep 3, 2006, 10:39 AM
Long as the level 50 online cap isn't milked over too long, its fine imo. Gives plenty of time to gear up your main profile and if youre that kind of person, start a 2nd and get them to 50 also.

PJ
Sep 3, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-09-03 08:39, Diablohead wrote:
Long as the level 50 online cap isn't milked over too long, its fine imo. Gives plenty of time to gear up your main profile and if youre that kind of person, start a 2nd and get them to 50 also.

Yeah, i'm gonna enjoy the fact that I can be a high level, like everyone else, with all my characters, without having to play PSU 24/7, unlike in PSO

Frankly, I really like this

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 01:43 PM
Yah cause if someone wants to blast through all 50 levels on their character then thats their loss cause they wont have anything to do on that character for a while......I certainly hope that like if the cap is going to be expanded to 100 then the last 50 lvs take forever to get to and to reach lv.100 it takes so long its not funny

Spellbinder
Sep 3, 2006, 02:25 PM
If by some chance I managed to hit a level cap and I knew it'd be a while till they raised it, I'd take time out to synthesize, save up meseta, and work on my Technic levels~ But I don't think I could level that fast.

DarK-SuN
Sep 3, 2006, 02:26 PM
Level 50 is perfectly OK.
Consider that Guild Wars has a level cap of 20 (I heard it was going to be raised to 40 or something, but still under PSU's current level cap) and WOW has a level cap of 60 (which will be increased for its expansion); how's 50 not OK?

Like many have said, the level cap will increase progressively with each content update for online mode.
I also find it funny how some were complaining about PSU having the stuff coded but you can't access it... how's that a problem?
We don't even know how much more stuff is coded in but is locked up, except for the stuff we already see in story mode and extra mode, which was already confirmed to be a small part of the total of content PSU has, since everything else is for online mode.

Be patient, enjoy the game; if you don't wanna do that and just complain, don't play it or complain to Sonic Team.

Diablohead
Sep 3, 2006, 02:41 PM
I think its because people are use to the leveling speeds from pso, where 50 was reachable in 72 solid gaming hours easily (though most played 5-6 hours a day due to dialup costs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Saving Meseta and such is also good, just as long as the cap is not too long.

And theres always someone in a mmo that races to the cap first, all games get them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cross
Sep 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-09-03 12:26, DarK-SuN wrote:
Consider that Guild Wars has a level cap of 20 (I heard it was going to be raised to 40 or something, but still under PSU's current level cap) and WOW has a level cap of 60 (which will be increased for its expansion); how's 50 not OK?

So in your mind, more levels = better than?
If PSU give you half as many stat gains per level, required half as much experience to level, and had twice as many levels, it would automatically be twice as good as it is now?

The problem people have isn't that there are "only 50 levels"; it's that there are "only 50 levels out of 100 (or 200 or whatever the real cap is)".

Sev
Sep 3, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-09-03 12:43, Cross wrote:

If PSU give you half as many stat gains per level, required half as much experience to level, and had twice as many levels, it would automatically be twice as good as it is now?

The problem people have isn't that there are "only 50 levels"; it's that there are "only 50 levels out of 100 (or 200 or whatever the real cap is)".

And the other problem is that it doesn't matter that you can only reach 50 out of 100 or 200 levels right now. I doubt it'll be 200 anyway myself.

If you've hit level 50, and maxed out your job level, then it'd be perfectly fine to bitch about the cap. Otherwise, what's the point?

Saner
Sep 3, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-09-03 13:00, Sev wrote:

On 2006-09-03 12:43, Cross wrote:

And the other problem is that it doesn't matter that you can only reach 50 out of 100 or 200 levels right now. I doubt it'll be 200 anyway myself.

If you've hit level 50, and maxed out your job level, then it'd be perfectly fine to bitch about the cap. Otherwise, what's the point?

ya people who already have the import are complaining and they haven't reached lv.50 yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

reach lv.50 first then complain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

besides can anyone confirm that the missions on S rank are hard, even at level 50?

DarK-SuN
Sep 3, 2006, 07:13 PM
o_O
What I said was that a level cap of 50 this early in the game release is ok.
Not sure where some of you read that I was saying that 50 isn't enough and that more is better.
50 can be more than enough, just like 20 is more than enough in Guild Wars, since it all depends on how the game's stats evolve through the levelling up process.

Anyway, the problem being "there's 50 out of 100 only" isn't a big problem.
It's like saying WOW has "60 out of 80 only" which will only be unlocked with the next expansion, or that City of Heroes was also capped, but with the Chapter 2 update they increased the level cap some more.
It's NORMAL for online RPGs which are server side handled to have such initial limitations to later be increased progressively.

That's what I was trying to say all along.

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 07:23 PM
it would be cool if like over the next couple of years they increase the cap slowly and put enough content in to it that you have to be like lv 300.....not saying that I would want that necicarily but so that like you could pretty much play a character forever and still be able to get stronger and stuff would be kinda fun but at the same time irritating cause you could nevr beat it.

phunk
Sep 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
50 for a level cap right now is alright in my book. The only players you'll probably see hitting the cap in little of the game's release are those hardcore ones. I'm sure it'll increase as majority of players get closer or attain the cap.

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 09:41 PM
yah cause 50 is fine for now but I think it should go just a little higher as tie goes on even if it only reaches 100 instead of 200 this time

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:44 PM
On 2006-09-03 17:23, Zeig123 wrote:
it would be cool if like over the next couple of years they increase the cap slowly and put enough content in to it that you have to be like lv 300.....not saying that I would want that necicarily but so that like you could pretty much play a character forever and still be able to get stronger and stuff would be kinda fun but at the same time irritating cause you could nevr beat it.

Personally, I think this is a great idea. Although it wouldn't be fair to those who start the game later.

phunk
Sep 3, 2006, 09:49 PM
Ye, I've been thinking about that too. Hopefully by the time enough people do hit the cap there will be some sort of endgame addition to keep those players interested in the game still.

PSO V.1 is a great example of the game going dead after hitting 100 and getting what you want done. It became virtual chat room until V.2 came out and everyone was back to leveling and red-box hunting again.

I'm sure Sega/ST will have something planned though.

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:44, vitius137 wrote:

On 2006-09-03 17:23, Zeig123 wrote:

Personally, I think this is a great idea. Although it wouldn't be fair to those who start the game later.

wow I thought I was going to get flamed for that one....I agree that it would be unfair but that is also the price you pay for not started an awesome game when it comes out

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeig123 on 2006-09-03 19:56 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 3, 2006, 10:10 PM
If PSU is gonna be the second online game I've ever gotten max level in, and maybe the fourth or so where I've gotten to half the level cap, chances are I'll like the game enough to *gasp* enjoy it while being maxed out. Or just start a new character.

Celethalion
Sep 4, 2006, 12:55 AM
I hesitate to point this out, so let me first say, I have no problem with an intial cap at 50.
But the screenshot of the save files for Story Mode where the chars were 50+ and it said Game Clear in just over 24 hours... Perhaps that is what's making people worry about it. If ye can get to level 50 in under 24 hours of playing online.
Whether that's the case or not, I highly doubt that the online leveling system will be as fast as the offline.

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 01:28 AM
the level cap is not important as long as there is still a challenge.

if they raise the level cap they have to raise the difficulty also (not sure if they can add anything above S rank),

otherwise people would get bored by the simplicity of the enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tycho
Sep 4, 2006, 02:32 AM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up3014.jpg

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 02:40 AM
i would prefer it to be 200 again cause it takes a long time to get there lvl 100 i could get there in a week or less on PSO , just an opinion cause i dont know how the lvling is in psu so enlighten me, just an opinion

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 02:47 AM
even if you max out and get all the rares,

you can always make a new character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif