PDA

View Full Version : PSU FAQ

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 2, 2006, 08:57 PM
*points to post below*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-09-03 15:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-10-23 22:55 ]</font>

mech259_
Sep 2, 2006, 10:27 PM
Frequently Asked Questions

I'll update the mission-starting section later, and I'll add more questions as I think of them. Feel free to ask or reccomend questions in this thread.

Table of Contents
[1] When things unlock in story mode
-Partner Machinery w/Storage
-Go to Parum
-Change Class
-Partner Machinery w/Feeding + Synthesis
-Synthesis Shop Open
-Extra Mode
-Go to Neudaiz
-Go to Moatoob
-Buy clothes
[2] How to use and equip items
-Items and Weapons
-Armors and Units
-Photon Chargers
-Photon Arts
-Grinders
-Clothes
[3] How to use the special story mode items
-Goggles (Chapter 1)
-Photon Eraser (Chpater 2)
-Photon Reflector (Chapter 5)
[4] How to start the story mode missions
-Chapter 1
-Chapter 2
-Chapter 3
-Chapter 4
-Chapter 5
-Chapter 6
-Chapter 7
-Chapter 8
-Chapter 9
-Chapter 10
-Chapter 11
-Chapter 12
[5] How to use your partner machinery
-Storage
-Feeding
-Synthesis
-Talking
[6] Other
-How to use partner cards
-What are the floating cubes?

[1] When things unlock in story mode
Partner Machinery w/Storage: Beat Chapter 1
Go to Parum: Play Chapter 2
Change Class: Beat Chapter 2
Partner Machinery w/Feeding + Synthesis: Play Chapter 4
Synthesis Shop Open: Play Chapter 4
Extra Mode: Beat Chapter 4
Go to Neudaiz: Play Chapter 5
Go to Moatoob: Play Chapter 6
Buy clothes: Play Chapter 6

[2] How to use and equip items from the menu
-Items and Weapons: Open your menu and chose the second option. Select the item or weapon you want to equip to your palette. Chose the first option, then select a slot. To unequip, use the same option and just try to equip it to a slot it's already in.

-Armors and Units: Open your menu and chose the second option. Go to the second menu. Select the armor to equip and chose the first option to equip it. Now press R to check which unit slots the armor has. You can only equip units to those slots with that armor equipped. Equip a unit by selecting it and chosing the first option.

-PP Restoration Items: In addition to equiping these to your palette, you can also select an item and chose the third option to restore it's PP. Obviously, this can only be done if you have a PP restorative in your inventory.

-Photon Arts: Head to the second floor of the guardian's colony, and enter the weapons shop. Speak to the man behind the counter to the right. Select a disk and buy it. Now open your menu and chose the second option to view your items. Go to the third menu and find the disk. Chose the first option to use it. Go to your first item menu and select a weapon. Chose the second option and select a PA to equip.

-Grinders: First you need to buy grinders from the general item store. Then head to a grinder store. Make sure you unequip the weapon you want to grind from your palette. Chose the first option to proceed, then select your weapon. Chose a grinder to use. Note that +1 grinders have a higher chance of breaking your weapon and making it unusable, while +3 grinders have a lower chance.

-Clothes: First go to a clothing store and buy clothes. Then head to your room and enter your closet. Chose the piece of clothigny uo want to wear and equip it. Note that Ethan's starting outfit is not seperated into 3 parts, you can't wear only the shirt or only the pants.

[3] How to use the special story mode items
-Goggles: In chapter 1, you will recieve these after the first trial ends. They will automatically be placed on your palette. Equip them and press your attack button to go into first-person view with the goggles. Look for a sparkling area on the rubble. Once you have found it and your oggles have identified it as a weak point, equip your weapon and destroy the rubble.

-Photon Eraser: Equip your goggles and search for orbs on the ground. (Tip: Search areas with flaming ground) Once you have found them, equip the Photon Eraser, target them, and hold down the attack button until they've been destroyed. Your partners can also do this. When all 4 are destroyed, switch to a weapon and attacked the main seed,

-Photon Reflector: Equip your goggles and look for a red area on the ground. Once you've found it, stand on it and take out the photon reflector. Aim at an orb and and hold down square. Note: There are more than area on the ground that you have to find. When you're down, equip a weapon and destroy the seed.

[4] How to start the story mode missions (Some of this info may be incorrect, there may be some steps missing in some chapters. This will change soon as I'm replaying through story mode.)

-Chapter 1: Use the elevator between the ramps to go to floor 4. Enter Linear Line. <Confirmed>

-Chapter 2: Go to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Leave and go to Parum. Head to guardian's base. Then head to the shopping area and go to the tables. Speak to Karen and chose the second option, then the first option. Then repeat the same thing. Go to your menu and chose the fourth option, then the first option. Use their cards to add them to your party. Head to the flyer base.

Chapter 3: Go to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Go to Parum, add Karen and Hyuga to your party, and go to the flyer base to do the free mission. Then head to the guardian's base, then back to the flyer base.

Chapter 4: Take Lumia to the clothes shop, then the armor shop, then the weapon shop. Now head to the guardian's base. After the scene, head down the ramp in the shopping area with Nev, Karen, and Hyuga in your party. <Confirmed>

Chapter 5: Go to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Speak to her again after the scene. Go to Neudaiz. Add Maya, Karen, and Hyuga to your party. Go to the flyer base. <Confirmed>

Chapter 6: Go to the first floor and speak to Hyuga. Then go to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Fly to Moatoob and go to the guardian's base. Then go to the flyer base with Leo, Tonnio, and Hyuga in your party. <Confirmed>

Chapter 7: Fly to Neudaiz and go to the guardian's base . Put Maya and Hyuga in your party and enter the Flyer Base. <Confirmed>

Chapter 8: Talk to Pete using the talk option. Ask him about everything. Then leave and head to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Go to Parum, add Maya and Lou to your party, and enter the Flyer Base. <Confirmed>

Chapter 9: Talk to Pete. Head to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Go to Moatoob's guardian base, then to the flyer base.

Chapter 10: Head to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Now go to the Communition of Gurhal building on Neudaiz. Add Lou to your party and enter the Flyer Base.

Chapter 11: Coming soon...

Chapter 12: Go to 5f on Guardian's Colony, speak to the girl behind the counter. Go to Parum and to the Military Base near the GRM shop. Then fly to Moatoob. Head to the bar. Then fly to Neudaiz and enter the Communition of Gurhal building. Go to 4f Guardian's Colony and enter the space port. <Confirmed>

[5] How to use your partner machinery
-Storage: Speak to your PM, chose the first option, then chose the first option again to store an item. Chose the item and store it. To take an item out, use the second option.

-Feeding: Speak to your PM and chose the second option, then the second option again. Then select an item and chose the top option to feed the item to your PM. You can check your PM's stats by speaking to it and chosing the second option, then the fourth option.

-Synthesis: Speak to your PM. Chose the second option followed by the third option. Now chose the first option to give your PM a board. Then chose the second option to use a board. Highlight a board to see the details. The window at the bottom will show you how many of which item you need to make the item. The last line tells you how many times you can use the board. The second to last line tells you the chance you have of the synthesis working. If it doesn't work you'll lose all the items you used. Note: You need the items you plan on using to be in your storage. The boards you give to your PM must be in your inventory though.

Now select a board and you'll have to chose the ingredients to use. For ??? ingredients, you can chose any item of the type that you have, so select that ingredient and chose which. For the others, select the ingredient and press the top option. Once you've chosen all the ingredients, chose the top option to make the item. Now you need to wait for it to finish, then speak to your PM, chose the second option, then third option, then 3rd option. Select the item you're making and chose the first option to finish it.

-Talking: Speak to your PM, chose the second option, then the first option. Select a subject
to talk to it about.

[6] Other
-How to use partner cards: Open your menu, and chose the fourth option. Then chose the first option. Now select a character and chose the first option to add them to your party. To remove all party members and chose new ones, open the menu, chose the fourth option, then the second option, then the first option.

-What are the floating cubes?: They restore your PP. Chose the first option followed by the first option to restore PP to all your weapons. Chose the second option to chose a weapon to restore PP too. This costs a tiny amount of meseta offline, but it will cost you more online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-09-04 21:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-09-14 13:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-09-16 16:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-10-28 17:56 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 03:14 AM
About 7, are you sure that's all that's required? Because I'm pretty sure I did that and the only available mission was the Lv15 Free Mission.

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 07:51 AM
Oh, I think you have to go to gurhal building after meeting karen, try that.

Blueblur
Sep 3, 2006, 11:29 AM
Should put "Import" in the title. And this should be a sticky-topic.

Tycho
Sep 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
Why put 'import' in the thread title when at the moment there aren't any other versions than the Japanese one? :e

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
It's a FAQ that helps you play the game, which is for importers. It doesn't have general info like release date and descriptions of the gameplay modes etc, which would be for non-importers looking for info about what the game is like.

ulyoth
Sep 3, 2006, 01:45 PM
What and where is the flyer base? I have both Karen and the other guy, in my party (i think) and cant find where to go.

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 01:53 PM
The flyer base is the huge building in the area across from where the shops are.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 03:03 PM
Gurhal building...?

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 03:26 PM
Communition of Gurhal, it's the religious organization thing. It's a huge building, you can't really miss it. It's in the area with PPT/flyer base/guardian's base.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:04 PM
Is that the one with the circle designs spinning around the door? Because there's a dude outside that will not let me in.

mech259_
Sep 3, 2006, 04:33 PM
I haven't played ch7 for a while, are you sure you've seen the scene with karen? if so, maybe you can just go straight to Mizuraki. I'll be back at ch7 soon so I can help you if you haven't figured it out yet. Try the following things:

Speak to Karen again. Speak to girl behind the counter at the guardian's base again. Go to communition of gurhal building again. Form a party of only Maya and go to the flyer base.

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 06:42 AM
For those people who are playing online and wondering how to string chat commands, CUT-INs, and animations together.

I've translated this small guide from tgfcer (http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5793272-1-1.html)

Syntax : <A>/[B]alt<C> (space) @<D><E><F> (space) <G><H> (space) {[I]} Your Text

<A> = Party Chat [#] <-- Add # before any sentence to broadcast your message in party chat instead of public
[B] = Opposite Gender's Animation [s] <-- s stands for shift, don't enter s for your gender's animation
<C> = Character Animation [f1] Sit ~ [f12] Boredom, [a] Angry ~ [z] Bow
<D> = Text Bubble Style [s] Screaming Bubble [c] Thinking Bubble <-- Leave this category blank for default chat bubble
<E> = CUT-IN Emotion [0] Smile ~ [9] Angry
<F> = CUT-IN Face Direction [0] Normal [1] Facing Up [2] Facing Forward [3] Facing Down
<G> = SE (Sound Effect) &0 ~ 127
<H> = Voice !0~26
[I] = Font Color {red} {blu} {gre} {yel} {ora} {pur} {vio} {bei} {gra} {whi} {blk} <-- Make sure you include the brackets {} for font color

*Command inputs are case-sensitive, leave your letters in lower-case.
*Sound Effects are only usable during combat/missions
*Voices 0~11 are only usable during combat/missions
*Voices 12~26 are only usable in lobbies (outside missions)

To chat with Character Animations simply enter : /[B]alt<C> + Your Text
To chat with CUT-IN simply enter : @<D><E><F> + Your Text
To chat with colors simply enter :{color code here} Your Text
*You can enter multiple colors in a sentence

For Example :

If you enter the line /saltd @c53 Orz
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Unknown_PC/56b9511d.jpg

You will get :
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Unknown_PC/a83a444c.jpg
Thanks to 3H for the images.

Misc. Chat commands :
/menu <- Opens up the menu
/item <- Opens inventory menu
/map <- Opens up Map
/party <- Opens party menu
/mail <- Opens mail menu
/partnercard <- Opens partner card menu
/shortcut <- Opens shortcut menu
/dice <- Rolls a 6-sided dice
/random <- Picks a random number from 0~1000
/card <- Draws a random card from a deck

There you go, have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-One might ask why this is faster/better than just chatting and hit hotkeys.
Well, remember that you could save these commands into the Shortcut Setup menu as chatting macros for later use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-A tip for gamepad users, you can bind Misc. Commands such as /map to F1 in your Shortcut Setup menu for much easier map menu access. Press the Right direction on your D-pad to bring up the shortcut menu, press Right again for /map. This works especially well for PS2 online players.

Edit : Double-checked with Japanese PSU Wiki, updated the syntax for font colors. Also added SE and voices. Added /dice /random and /card

Sources : tgfcer (http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5793272-1-1.html) and PSU Wiki (http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/TOP.html)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-18 07:54 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
Wow, I was wondering how I'd be able to shortcut cut-in-chat stuff. That is most helpful. Thanks a bunch!

DarK-SuN
Sep 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
That's very useful, Unknown_PC.
I can think of a few macros I'll be setting to the shortcuts already thanks to that.

Also, here's something that may be a bit illusive for some who can't read the japanese instructions (since I've been noticing some people complain about having to use the directional buttons to select items and weapons from the pallete button).

In the PS2 version (and PC version if you're using a gamepad with the buttons setup to have the buttons like the PS2 version like I am) you can use the R1, R2, L1 and L2 to scroll through the action pallete options while you have it open.
R1 and R2 will scroll through the weapons pallete while L1 and L2 will scroll through the items pallete, allowing you to move freely since you won't be bending your fingers to press the d-pad while using the analog pad to move your character.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 06:13 PM
Heh, I never had a problem using the D-Pad to do it while moving...lots of Monster Hunter made me learn how to use the D-Pad (camera) and left analog stick at the same time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

watashiwa
Sep 4, 2006, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the D-PAD thing.. I figured that out on day one.

In the PSOW menu translations for Gamepad configuration, there are 4 options missing which are now in the retail version.

The four new options are for menu selecting!

http://www.vengefulsoda.com/DPAD.gif

They go in order: Up, Right, Down, Left..

falz923
Sep 4, 2006, 09:12 PM
I read the FAQ and talked to the PM and lady behind the desk I could only find one of my teamates and have hunted everywhere and do not know where to go... any assistance would be helpful and appreicated, sorry if i broke the rules but i really want to have my final showdown soon...

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 10:24 PM
Take to Pete -> Talk to lady behind counter in 5F
Take shuttle to Moatoob -> Enter the Guardian base in Dagora City for a cutscene.
Invite Leogini, Tonnio, and the Lou-lookalike to party -> Enter Mission the Search for Lou

Edit : more elaborate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-06 22:01 ]</font>

passLion
Sep 5, 2006, 12:52 AM
"Chapter 2: Go to 5f and speak to the girl behind the counter. Leave and go to Parum. Head to guardian's base. Then head to the shopping area and go to the tables. Speak to Karen and chose the second option, then the first option. Then repeat the same thing. Go to your menu and chose the fourth option, then the first option. Use their cards to add them to your party. Head to the flyer base. " -Original

guardian's base is after the tunnel to the left from the PPT airport, talk to the girl behind counter there, then head to the other end (other tunnel (orange I believe)) to the tables.
cutscene, and Karen will teach you about parties.
during the long dialogue, she'll show you what happens when YOU get added.

after that, add and unadd her by talking to her, second option, then first option (yes), repeat.

Then add her again, and go back to the PPT central area, find the guy with grey hair and add him, go to flyer base and choose 1st option and the 1st mission.

Unknown_PC
Sep 5, 2006, 01:33 AM
In regards to chat commands, I've double-checked with the Japanese PSU Wiki and updated the syntax for font colors.

It turns out, you could even add Sound Effects and Voices to the string! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Refer to my previous post for the updated chat commands.

Kaply
Sep 5, 2006, 09:54 AM
Usually if you're through the cut scenes and just need to add characters for the next mission, and you know which planet (or mission zone in point for the first planet) you need to go to next (usually the planet where you got the final cutscene). You can just go to the party menu and start adding people who's guild card(?) you already have, these usually coincided with the people you just spoke with. In some cases you don't need a party of four to enter so you can check the zone in point and look for a mission that's greyed out in the first slot. In it it will tell you what party size you need ie. 4-4 or 3-3. These missions won't give you the option to vary the party size, ie. 1-3 or 1-4.

Unknown_PC
Sep 5, 2006, 09:02 PM
For those playing offline, I've compiled a list of S rank requirements for Free Missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sources : PSOCN (http://www.psocn.com/bbs/thread.php?fid=218) and PSU Wiki (http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/TOP.html)
Also thanks to PSUPedia (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Missions) for some of the Free Mission names.

Keep in mind that this list is incomplete and I will try to update it when more infos become available.

Remember to set your internet browser's encoding to Shift_JIS in order to read the mission names in Japanese.

----

-Guardians' Colony

Junction Passage Breakthrough ( 避難経路確保 )
Character Level Requirement - Any
Target Time - 8:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 72

Farm Plant Recovery ( ファームプラント掃討 )
Required Level - 30

Satellite of Darkness ( 暗黒の衛星 )
Required Level - 60
Target Time - 14:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 67

-Parum

Primitive Creature Suppression ( 原生生物鎮圧 )
Required Level - Any
Target Time - 1:50
# of Enemies to Defeat - 25

The Burning Plain ( 燃える平原 )
Required Level - 5
Target Time - 9:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 43
# of SEEDs to Cleanse - 5

Frenzied Rare Beast ( 狂う珍獣 )
Required Level - 10
# of Enemies to Defeat - 69

Ruler of the Meadow ( 草原の支配者 )
Required Level - 15
Target Time - 7:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 25

The 'thing' sleeping within the Ruins ( 遺跡の奥に眠るモノ )
Required Level - 10
Target Time - 10:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - All

-Linear Train

Freight Train Rescue ( 貨物列車救援 )
Required Level - 15
Target Time - 6:30
# of Enemies to Defeat - 32

Remnants of Endrum ( エンドラムの残党 )
Required Level - 35
Target Time - 12:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 66

Twin-headed Guardian ( 双頭の守護獣 )
Required Level - 55
Target Time - 8:40
# of Enemies to Defeat - 66

-Neudaiz

Defending Mizuraki C.D. ( ミズラキ保護区防衛 )
Required Level - 15
Target Time - 9:30
# of Enemies to Defeat - 81

Frozen Forest ( 凍てつ*森 )
Required Level - 20
Target Time - 13:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 58
# of SEEDs to Cleanse - 5

Suppressing the Evil Flying Beast ( 凶飛獣討伐 )
Required Level - 30
Target Time - 11:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 57

Forest Defense( 緑林防衛 )
Required Level - 25
# of Enemies to Defeat - 79

Woodland of Flames ( 炎の樹海 )
Required Level - 45
Target Time - 15:00

Shrine of the Fanatic ( 狂信者の社 )
Required Level - 35

Icy Sanctuary ( 氷の神殿 )
Required Level - 40
# of Enemies to Defeat - 100

-Moatoob

Shura Valley ( 修羅の谷 )
Required Level - 20
# of Enemies to Defeat - 84

Retaking the Mine ( 坑道の奪還 )
Required Level - 35
Target Time - 8:30
# of Enemies to Defeat - 76

Mechanic Soldier of Dust ( 砂塵の機械戦士 )
Required Level - 35
Target Time - 10:00
# of Enemies to Defeat - 46

Absolute-zero Annihilation ( 絶対零度の殲滅作戦 )
Required Level - 60

Menacing Sand Beast ( 最狂の砂獣 )
Required Level - 60
# of Enemies to Defeat - 75

----

If you're having a tough time deciphering which mission it is, I'll upload images soon. I am still waiting for my PC copy to arrive, taking screenshots with

the PS2 version is rather difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-07 21:33 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 5, 2006, 09:06 PM
I'd like to add to the last post that you can earn prizes for getting S-Ranks for offline missions. I've earned weapons, photon art disks, clothing, room decorations, and synthesis ingredients so far.

Mewn
Sep 6, 2006, 04:34 AM
I presume it was an accident but you left out the English name of the second Linear Train mission 'Remnants of Endrum'.

Unknown_PC
Sep 6, 2006, 05:33 AM
Actually, I couldn't get a half-decent translation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thanks a bunch for the addition

falz923
Sep 6, 2006, 05:05 PM
This is the last help post i need, but i have completely followed your FAQ guide and have talked to the people and gotten the scenes and whatnot to work, but the problem from here is how to i actually start the quest. There might be a level requirement or something but i just want to get this started....

Lyrise
Sep 6, 2006, 05:09 PM
Walk into the docking bay on the 4th level of G-Colony. Ethan must be the only one in party, nobody else.

Unknown_PC
Sep 7, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-09-06 15:05, falz923 wrote:
This is the last help post i need, but i have completely followed your FAQ guide and have talked to the people and gotten the scenes and whatnot to work, but the problem from here is how to i actually start the quest. There might be a level requirement or something but i just want to get this started....

Before heading out for the Story Mission in Chapter 9, your party must include Leogini, Tonnio, and the Lou-lookalike.

Niki
Sep 8, 2006, 11:37 PM
ye gods nevermind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-09-08 21:40 ]</font>

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-09-04 23:33, Unknown_PC wrote:
It turns out, you could even add Sound Effects and Voices to the string! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Refer to my previous post for the updated chat commands.

I'd like to comment on this.. that the examples posted DON'T WORK. Reason being, any shortcut or any thing you type using these commands HAVE TO BE IN ALL LOWERCASE OR IT WON'T WORK.

For example, the example listed "/SaltD @C53 Orz" will not work. It has to be "/saltd @c53 Orz"

Thank you Parn for showing me the light.

Click for examples that work (http://www.vengefulsoda.com/psu_shortcut.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-08 22:57 ]</font>

Unknown_PC
Sep 9, 2006, 01:03 AM
On 2006-09-08 22:55, watashiwa wrote:

I'd like to comment on this.. that the examples posted DON'T WORK. Reason being, any shortcut or any thing you type using these commands HAVE TO BE IN ALL LOWERCASE OR IT WON'T WORK.

For example, the example listed "/SaltD @C53 Orz" will not work. It has to be "/saltd @c53 Orz"

Thank you Parn for showing me the light.

Click for examples that work (http://www.vengefulsoda.com/psu_shortcut.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-08 22:57 ]</font>

My mistake, totally missed that.

Fixed, thank you for the correction.

Edit : also added /dice /random /card for the bored

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-08 23:06 ]</font>

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-09-08 23:03, Unknown_PC wrote:
Fixed, thank you for the correction.

No problem. Thank you for the list!

Ryo_Hayasa
Sep 10, 2006, 04:34 PM
how do you switch jobs eh?

Diverdan86
Sep 11, 2006, 12:36 AM
Quick question. Did they get rid of section ID's in PSU?

Mewn
Sep 11, 2006, 03:15 AM
Ryo, go to the 5F of the Guardians' Colony and talk to the woman at the back of the counter.

Diverdan, yes.

diamondx12
Sep 13, 2006, 07:32 AM
I was wondering how many chapters are in phantasy star universe, plz. And i need help with chapter 9, where do i go at.

thank you

A2K
Sep 13, 2006, 08:39 AM
Eleven or twelve, I forget. Remind me of Chapter 9. Where precisely are you stuck?

Nika
Sep 13, 2006, 08:53 AM
There are 12 chapter. In the chapter 9 I can't exactly remember but I think you have to go to the guild counter first, then go to Motob and visit guild counter there. then go for fight.

Itsuki
Sep 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
Chapter 9 is the one where you need to talk to pete using the "talk" option before you can continue the storyline.

And if you would read the damn FAQ at the top of the page that says "read before posting" next to it, you wouldn't need us to help you with that -> http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118224&forum=20&36

satan69
Sep 14, 2006, 09:28 PM
um reguardless of reading the "Faq" this mission is STILL unclear. so dont go biting people heads off (someone must not have played the game yet). for 1 add the info that "pete" is the robot to the faq. also add descriptions of the planets as opposed to just their names since if you dont know japaneese you cant decypher them. ive made it this far using a guide on game faqs since this info is too vauge. and seriously, what DO you have to do to start chapters 9-12 (talking to people @ counters is kinda a no brainer) theres several missions also that dont seem to start unless certain people are in your party.
<just couldnt stand seeing someones head bit off for askin the SAME QUESTION i was about to ask.

diamondx12
Sep 15, 2006, 05:23 AM
I went through to the guardian's colony, speak to the girl behind the counter. then i went to parum and to the military base. then i fly to the moatoob planet, then i went into the bar. Then i fly to Neudalz enter the communition of Gurhal buidling. Then after that my
main char was sitting down thinking what to do, it was in the scene then they came with a spaceship with almost everyone aboard then scene finished and then it teleported me back to the space station, where do i go from there plz.????

thanks

diamondx

EJ
Sep 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
did you follow everything on the faq that said how to start chapter 12 mission?

Ether
Sep 15, 2006, 05:45 AM
You turn around and go back to where you just came from

A2K
Sep 15, 2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah, basically the game puts you back on Guardian's Colony to save or putz around or whatever before tackling the final dungeon (which you can't exit from once you've arrived). To go on just turn around and use the gate you just came out of. It should be pretty obvious which gate it is, as it's the only one that doesn't either send you to a Linear Line mission or another planet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-15 04:46 ]</font>

Laranas
Sep 15, 2006, 06:22 AM
Yup, you go into the Space Port (4F, white sign) which is exactly where the scene left you thinking.

EtherForce
Sep 15, 2006, 09:22 PM
In chapter 5 I'm stuck at the part after Maya convinces the cast to let you into the cave. The red rock thingies are encased in ice but I can't figure out what to do. Any help?

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 15, 2006, 09:59 PM
I think the way to start the chapter 3 mission is correct, so I think it should be confirmed.

EtherForce
Sep 15, 2006, 11:02 PM
Ah nevermind I found it, heh heh.

EtherForce
Sep 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
In chapter 9 what do you do after you speak with the girl behind the counter?

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
you go to Moatoob, go to the guardian's base, put Leo, Tonnio, and Lou into your party, and then go to the flyer base to start your mission.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 21, 2006, 08:01 PM
oh, and for chapter 11, go to 5f in the colony, where you will talk to Lumia, after that, talk to the girl behind the counter. Then go to Moatoob and go to the Guardian's base, where you then talk to the girl behind the counter. After the meeting, add Leo and Tonnio to your party and go to the flyer's base.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 22, 2006, 10:38 AM
Question,
I cant find any faqs or stickied threads regarding creating a segalink account.
My 30day trial of the japanese version will pretty much go to waste in 30 days from now when the english version arrives.. and yes i knooooow ther is slim chance of me getting in due to congestion but hey it's better than a free trial gone to waste.

EtherForce
Sep 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
Ah that did it, thanks!

ziggurat8
Sep 28, 2006, 01:34 PM
Anyone know if PSU is going to have female only and male only wep like in pso?

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 09:54 AM
gender specific weps are likely to be released in time but @ the moment there are none, even the heart unit is male too. i would expect them to be kubara tho.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2006, 11:45 AM
Don't forget about the race limitation which might also be used as a limiting feature for weapons and armor. Also, they might add something I have a feeling they'll put in (Which might be kinda mad, but I've guessed many things that are in PSU before knowing about them) an elemental limitation? As in, you need to wear a certain armor to use a weapon? I know, it is mad, sorry for starting this doubty rumour...

lotte
Sep 30, 2006, 09:49 AM
I am doing the second mission on the "asian themed" planet. It starts out in a room with ice crystals blocking the egg things. This is probably easy to solve... but I have tried quite a few things and cant seem to break it, or find away around it. (I cant melt it, I am a hunter [if that is even possible]}

Also, I am lv 24 and want to get my nano blast, and I cant find the person selling the badges... be specific with this one if you can...

Thanks for the help guys.

Lyrise
Sep 30, 2006, 09:53 AM
Use the goggles. Unlike the first SEED busting mission, this time you're looking for Photon spots, they will be red colored spots on the ground. When you find them, you can stand on them to power your photon reflector, and fire away.

As for the badges, Lv3 colony, at the Estee shop.

lotte
Sep 30, 2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks lyrise. Thanks ... no never mind... sticky guy...

Rizen
Oct 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry if this has been ask before, but how do I name my PM when it turns into its girl form?

narutoball
Oct 8, 2006, 02:29 PM
hi. i couldn't see this question anywhere else so here goes.

I live in the UK and i wondered if i would be able to buy the USA version and use a credit card from here on the game or do i need to wait for the UK release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

thanks

1337Beeb
Oct 10, 2006, 08:49 AM
Second forest, what am I supposed to do? Kill that big thing or something, but how?

And how do I put more than one technique on a wand/rod? I tried it and now I can only use Damfoie.

Plz hlep :C

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-10-10 07:05 ]</font>

ShurikenShino
Oct 11, 2006, 06:58 AM
Is it the fire forest thing? If so equip your goggles, then gun. Use the goggles and find 4 weird bump things on the floor, once you have locked on equip your gun and blast away. After all 4 are dead hit the big pod 3 times... I hope that is where you are or i'm gunna look stupid lol

IceBeam
Oct 11, 2006, 11:14 AM
N e one know if there will be Chairs like in the lobby of PSO?

IceBeam
Oct 12, 2006, 11:34 AM
i wonder if there will be a soccer lobby like on PSO?

narutoball
Oct 16, 2006, 11:15 AM
can anyone help me?/?

hi. i couldn't see this question anywhere else so here goes.

I live in the UK and i wondered if i would be able to buy the USA version and use a credit card from here on the game or do i need to wait for the UK release

thanks

johnnyboy859
Oct 18, 2006, 07:29 AM
ok any1 know if the 360 version os this game will be region free or if i am going 2 have 2 wait a WHOLE!!!! month 2 play this game,

SAGA keep the beta open in europe till it comes out i dont think can live with out a month of PSU!!

2DMention
Oct 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
What do mission points do? I haven't found any thing that explains what they are for. Thx.

Mystil
Oct 31, 2006, 12:18 PM
Taking screenshots is limited to the PC version?

Ryna
Nov 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
This thread is being added to the floating sticky list. It can be bumped at any time.

darkstXshdowz
Apr 13, 2007, 09:41 AM
Whos Lou?

Dhylec
Apr 13, 2007, 10:22 AM
On 2007-04-13 07:41, darkstXshdowz wrote:
Whos Lou?

She's a cast from Gaurdian. Play the game (on- or offline) to find out more.

darkstXshdowz
Apr 13, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-04-13 08:22, Dhylec wrote:

On 2007-04-13 07:41, darkstXshdowz wrote:
Whos Lou?

She's a cast from Gaurdian. Play the game (on- or offline) to find out more.

Im on chapter 8, ive talked to pete and the lady behind the counter on the 5th floor of the colony and i went to parum. It says i need to have maya and lou in my party.How do I add Lou?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkstXshdowz on 2007-04-13 16:30 ]</font>