PDA

View Full Version : Stateside release date!?

Axel3792
Sep 3, 2006, 01:26 AM
Apparently Gamestop has October 25th listed as the release date for PSU when you get a reservation. A buddy and I were up at the local GS earlier when they told us that the expected ship date was the at the end of next month, so that's how we got the information.

I'm not sure if this has been stated or not yet, but this is what Gamestop is saying as of right now.

-AxeL

Kyosuke_Imawano
Sep 3, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-09-02 23:26, Axel3792 wrote:
Apparently Gamestop has October 25th listed as the release date for PSU when you get a reservation. A buddy and I were up at the local GS earlier when they told us that the expected ship date was the at the end of next month, so that's how we got the information.

I'm not sure if this has been stated or not yet, but this is what Gamestop is saying as of right now.

-AxeL

Apperently so...

Its on their site. Located below.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646200

Axel3792
Sep 3, 2006, 01:36 AM
Oh okay thanks Kyo.
BTW, your first post since 2001!?

On 2006-09-02 23:32, Kyosuke_Imawano wrote:

On 2006-09-02 23:26, Axel3792 wrote:

-AxeL

Apperently so...

Its on their site. Located below.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646200

Sev
Sep 3, 2006, 03:23 AM
Well guys, that's what all stores seem to be reporting so far. I'm going to stop by a few other shops that sell games and see if they all have the same dates, because hell... They could know something that we don't.

Also, the October 25th date isn't right I don't think. We talking to the guys at my EB's at least, they said it would get shipped on the 24th, and they wouldn't get it til the 25th. You might have the same thing in your area. Just something to look out for.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 3, 2006, 07:12 AM
Sometimes titles on the east-side don't get released till the day after since it takes longer to get their shipments over here.

Fleece
Sep 3, 2006, 08:57 AM
Most sites ive seen have said october 24th

Arias
Sep 3, 2006, 09:22 AM
I won't check my gamesstore until end of november (EU!!:P) I can't import the game for an EU PS2...

zaff100
Sep 3, 2006, 12:04 PM
Arias just by a copy of Swap Magic and you can play NTSC and JP versions if you so wish.

**Please remember to use JP or Japanese instead**

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-09-03 10:56 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 03:30 PM
I think the 24-25 is accurate, as my game store already has the display-only, promitional boxes on the shelves and such. The gaming company makes these, right?

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 03:34 PM
Sometimes... oftentimes, EB or Gamestop or whoever will make their own promo boxes to put on display. You can usually tell, since the ones the stores make are generally pretty crappy.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
Lol, as far as what? This was basically like the actual box, minus some of the "features" and specs. It had the cover art and the system at the top.

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 03:40 PM
Cover art is easy to reproduce, print, and stick inside a generic game box. If it's printed directly onto a box, then it probably is official stuff.

Ryoga4523
Sep 3, 2006, 04:15 PM
But really how often are game stores wrong about release that they are advertising. If this were the case than we would have seen boxes of cover art before sega pushed the game back serveral months. If I was a gambling man... I would put money on sometime in october, and probably around the 24, since games typically come out on i believe tuesdays and thursdays. Movies are fridays and wednesdays, and I think DVD's are mondays.

DarkShadowX
Sep 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-09-03 14:15, Ryoga4523 wrote:
But really how often are game stores wrong about release that they are advertising. If this were the case than we would have seen boxes of cover art before sega pushed the game back serveral months. If I was a gambling man... I would put money on sometime in october, and probably around the 24, since games typically come out on i believe tuesdays and thursdays. Movies are fridays and wednesdays, and I think DVD's are mondays.

While thats somewhat true, you'll never kno what'll happen. While Oct.24 sounds like a reasonable date I won't hold my breath until its official.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
Movies are Tuesdays as well. Trust me on that one...-_- Monday night was the worst night to work at Blockbuster, because you have to stay two extra hours to put all the new movies out on the shelves after they close.

Rental Movies, that is.

Diverdan86
Sep 3, 2006, 04:38 PM
PSU is probably gonna come out on the 25th since EB games has it marked for the 24th in their release book (the dates in the book are shipping dates; People found out the hard way when disgaea 2 got shipped).

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 05:09 PM
They were indeed printed onto boxes. Would this mean something.

Number6
Sep 3, 2006, 05:30 PM
and how often do Japanese to USA RPGs NOT made by SQ-Enix actually come out on their announced dates without getting delayed?

Tystys
Sep 3, 2006, 05:35 PM
Not really often actually.

Keyeszx
Sep 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
when is this game coming to USA come on sega tell me before i destroy every living being to come in contact wit me

*little brother walks in ''hi bro....''*

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 07:24 PM
On 2006-09-03 17:18, Keyeszx wrote:
when is this game coming to USA come on sega tell me before i destroy every living being to come in contact wit me

Please come into contact with yourself and follow through accordingly.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-09-03 17:24, Nekomimi wrote:

On 2006-09-03 17:18, Keyeszx wrote:

Please come into contact with yourself and follow through accordingly.

NICE!!! you got him good too... flame. flame. flame!

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
You got raped, dude.