PDA

View Full Version : American and Japanese servers connected?

Sleet_v2
Sep 3, 2006, 02:39 PM
Will they be connected at US launch? I am trying to decide to get the impot or just hold out.

Diablohead
Sep 3, 2006, 02:42 PM
Nothing hints at a connection, maybe someone will work out an IP edit of somekind later in the games life, but for now no.

I also think its down to how information is stored and worked out serverside, maybe oversea lag in psu is pretty heavy or something?

Rivercrab
Sep 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
Nope...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=117946&forum=20&95

Sleet_v2
Sep 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
That makes me note want to import anymore...

SirenV
Sep 3, 2006, 03:06 PM
Not only a cultural difference as that other topic seems to suggest, but they also stated that since Japan is launching first, they will be at a different point in their story.

It was stated that they will periodically release new chapter updates online to continue the offline story, and since Japan will already be several chapters ahead by the time NA or EU comes out, they have to keep them separate.

Edit: Becuase of a conflict of content, we couldnt really cross play quite like we could in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-09-03 13:10 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Sep 3, 2006, 04:26 PM
I still think its pointless separating -__-; even though they say that, I still think they could link them. What's the worst that could happen? That you won't be able to play certain missions with your JPN friend? -lol- As if PSO the same thing didn't happen with Japan getting exclusive content and content before us, we still played together right? >_>; Cultural difference... -sighs- I just don't get that really >_>; I'm guess I'm part of a minority that's open to foreign cultures. That goes to the Japanese too btw >_>; I can't really denominate who has all the fault in deciding if the servers will be connected or not. Well, I DO wish US and EU are connected :/ That'd make more sense than not connecting anything at all O_o;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-09-03 14:33 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Sep 3, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-09-03 14:26, Rubesahl wrote:
I still think its pointless separating -__-; even though they say that, I still think they could link them. What's the worst that could happen? That you won't be able to play certain missions with your JPN friend? -lol- As if PSO the same thing didn't happen with Japan getting exclusive content and content before us, we still played together right? >_>; Cultural difference... -sighs- I just don't get that really >_>; I'm guess I'm part of a minority that's open to foreign cultures. That goes to the Japanese too btw >_>; Well, I DO wish US and EU are connected :/ That'd make more sense than not connecting anything at all O_o;

Agreed.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:43 PM
People should just get over it, seriously. They can't be connected at launch because of the fact that online Story missions in JP will be 2-3 months ahead of ours. Maybe after the story missions run their course, they'll connect them. If not, OH FREAKIN' WELL. It ain't gonna kill you to play with English speakers. I know we're not as OMG SUGOI KAWAII DESU as you Japanophiles would like, but you're going to have to deal with it.

(Note: I have a huge interest in Japanese culture and their pasttimes. However, unlike many people who do, I don't go overboard and try to replace everything in my life with Japanese things.)

Calibur
Sep 3, 2006, 04:57 PM
-lol- As if PSO the same thing didn't happen with Japan getting exclusive content and content before us, we still played together right?

an example of that would be challenge mode...

Sleet_v2
Sep 3, 2006, 05:19 PM
Hey Nekomimi, chill out. I asked in regards to wether or not I want to import.

Bipolar are we?

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-09-03 14:26, DarkShadowX wrote:

I still think its pointless separating -__-; even though they say that, I still think they could link them. What's the worst that could happen? That you won't be able to play certain missions with your JPN friend? -lol- As if PSO the same thing didn't happen with Japan getting exclusive content and content before us, we still played together right? >_>; Cultural difference... -sighs- I just don't get that really >_>; I'm guess I'm part of a minority that's open to foreign cultures. That goes to the Japanese too btw >_>; Well, I DO wish US and EU are connected :/ That'd make more sense than not connecting anything at all O_o;

Agreed.

Its not that you think its pointless, you just have coping issues.

Diablohead
Sep 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
EU and US are seperate? o_o

Thats one thing I didnt know, think I will be importing the american copy without second thought then, depends on how pay methods are going to work.

Rivercrab
Sep 3, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-09-03 15:19, Sleet_v2 wrote:
Hey Nekomimi, chill out. I asked in regards to wether or not I want to import.

I think Neko was referring to the other posters who brought the debate of whether it was good or not into this topic...as if there weren't enough topics already discussing that.

I understood what you meant, and I too was a bit aprehensive about importing since I'll have to start over once it comes out in the US. I applaud your self-control, I couldn't wait any longer to play it. XD

EGO-BOT
Sep 3, 2006, 06:27 PM
I don't think the EU and US servers are seperated, nothings been mentioned about that yet.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 07:03 PM
I was indeed aiming at the people who can't keep their argument confined to a single topic, not at the OP. If you want to import, go ahead and import, but be aware that there ARE things you won't be able to figure out on your own unless you have a decent mastery of written Japanese. Yes, you can sort of muddle through it but honestly it does detract from the enjoyment of the game.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 08:14 PM
Japan and US servers are separate im almost positive but about the EU and US hmm theres a possibility of a connection maybe?

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 3, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm almost positive that he is probably somewhat correct on his assumption that it may be an uncertain possiblity.

Most uncertainly.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-09-03 18:25, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
I'm almost positive that he is probably somewhat correct on his assumption that it may be an uncertain possiblity.

Most uncertainly.

and you... stop pretending your intelligent by speaking with too many words instead of simply just saying "there's a possibility the US and EU servers are connected."

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 08:45 PM
Anyone who ever heard a 12 year old on Xbox Live could tell you otherwise.

BTW, is this you? http://youtube.com/watch?v=haSGAf7lvR0

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-09-03 18:45, Nekomimi wrote:
Anyone who ever heard a 12 year old on Xbox Live could tell you otherwise.

BTW, is this you? http://youtube.com/watch?v=haSGAf7lvR0

no that kid was pretty messed up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:00 PM
hey you wanna see 12 year olds try Maple Story some of the noobs there are fun to watch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:00, Tankster wrote:
hey you wanna see 12 year olds try Maple Story some of the noobs there are fun to watch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EXTREME QFT

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2006, 09:03 PM
Guys, please stop this bickering before this thread is forced to close.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:04 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:03, Dhylec wrote:
Guys, please stop this bickering before this thread is forced to close.

sorry.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 09:05 PM
It's OK Tankster. There are special places for you. It's this crazy awesome white room, and it's cushioned all around! It's great!

I know a great therapist too

First of all, no matter how aggrivated you are, there is no excuse for obscenities. Speaking in such a mannor only solidifies our view of you. Currently, I think you're just incredibly arrogant, but if you continue mindlessly insulting others (specifically Nekomimi in this case), you'll only cause trouble for yourself here.

Both parties are somewhat at fault, but calling someone a "fucking bitch" is way out of line and totally unecessary, especially when you don't even know the person's gender.

There are 2 kinds of intelligence; Cleverness, and intellectual prowess. You obviously posess neither in large quantities and as such, should not begin an argument with someone can use one word with as many syllables as you have in a sentence.

Yeah, chivalry still exists. Even on a message board.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 09:08 PM
I hate my slow typing >_<

vitius137
JP seperate from everything
US-EU might be connected end of discussion (unless someone can confirm if the US and EU servers are connected or not then this topic is pretty much done)

Nekomimi
I lol'd.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 3, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-09-03 18:40, Tankster wrote:

Most uncertainly.

and you... stop pretending your intelligent by speaking with too many words instead of simply just saying "there's a possibility the US and EU servers are connected."

Just because your an idiot doesn't mean I'm putting up an act, your a cookie cutter example of a retard who gets threatend when someone displays a wider vocab. ALso you have a be a retard if you consider my mockery of your redundant post as a random display of intelligence. I'm not as pretentious as noobs like you who doesn't know how to make a post/thread with any substance or validity.

I know its september but you need to go to summer school.

zandra117
Sep 3, 2006, 09:12 PM
JP might end up merging with the US and EU servers on the 360 version if the JP xbox360 PSU population is too low. There also is some possibility of a simultaneous release for the JP and US xbox360 version.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:05, Zeta wrote:
It's OK Tankster. There are special places for you. It's this crazy awesome white room, and it's cushioned all around! It's great!

First of all, no matter how aggrivated you are, there is no excuse for obscenities. Speaking in such a mannor only solidifies our view of you. Currently, I think you're just incredibly arrogant, but if you continue mindlessly insulting others (specifically Nekomimi in this case), you'll only cause trouble for yourself here.

Both parties are somewhat at fault, but calling someone a "fucking bitch" is way out of line and totally unecessary, especially when you don't even know the person's gender.

There are 2 kinds of intelligence; Cleverness, and intellectual prowess. You obviously posess neither in large quantities and as such, should not begin an argument with someone can use one word with as many syllables as you have in a sentence.

If the mods hadn't just deleted half the posts then maybe you'd understand that nekomimi is the one "mindlessly insulting others," just stay out of this, no one and i mean NO ONE, N-O O-N-E asked you so just leave.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 09:14 PM
I did read all the posts. The thing with chivalry is, it requires one to step in if one feels the need. I felt the need, and you initiated the argument.

I appologize for my previous post. The next time I promise to use smaller words so you can actually understand the point I'm trying to make.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:09, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

On 2006-09-03 18:40, Tankster wrote:

Most uncertainly.

Just because your an idiot doesn't mean I'm putting up an act, your a cookie cutter example of a retard who gets threatend when someone displays a wider vocab. ALso you have a be a retard if you consider my mockery of your redundant post as a random display of intelligence. I'm not as pretentious as noobs like you who doesn't know how to make a post/thread with any substance or validity.

I know its september but you need to go to summer school.

I perfectly understood you, but it didn't seem real- just keep it simple, for the kids...(like Nekomimi perhaps?)

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:16 PM
Since the question in this topic has already been answered and no constructive information is being posted I have decided to lock this thread (no, I don't have that power but for today lets pretend I do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 3, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:12, Tankster wrote:

If the mods hadn't just deleted half the posts then maybe you'd understand that nekomimi is the one "mindlessly insulting others," just stay out of this, no one and i mean NO ONE, N-O O-N-E asked you so just leave.

What you don't realize is that this thread was flame bait from the very start which should have been locked from the get-go since the only thing posted is pretentious whining.

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
vitius137 wrote:
Since the question in this topic has already been answered and no constructive information is being posted I have decided to lock this thread (no, I don't have that power but for today lets pretend I do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

If you are the original poster/topic starter, I can help ya with that request. ;]

I'll leave this for now. If it doesn't get better, it's done for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-03 19:22 ]</font>

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:14, Zeta wrote:
I did read all the posts. The thing with chivalry is, it requires one to step in if one feels the need. I felt the need, and you initiated the argument.

I appologize for my previous post. The next time I promise to use smaller words so you can actually understand the point I'm trying to make.

HAHAAHAHAHAHA...wow, i understood you're point buddy- just try not to take sides on things when you don't have the right resources for your points, or if you just happen to hate me for no apparent reason (just keep it to yourself instead).

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:20, Dhylec wrote:
If you are the original poster/topic starter, I can help ya with that request. ;]

Unfortunately I am not. I mean.... er... the origional poster is my 2nd PSO-W account.... yeah...

Wait you're not allowed multiple accounts are you? Well nevermind then, just ignore me >:3

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:18, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

What you don't realize is that this thread was flame bait from the very start which should have been locked from the get-go since the only thing posted is pretentious whining.

then why in the blue hell are you flaming me if you actually believe this topic should have been locked already? When you realized this you should have prevented yourself from posting those annoying comments

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
This thread should be locked. The argument has nothing to do with the Topic Creator's original question (which has been answered numerous times in this thread), and Tankster refuses to acknowledge any valid rebuttal and just continuously replies with "HAHAHA...I understand."

Just lock it Dhylec.

Tankster
I hope people that search for opportunities to flame and degrade people don't act like that on PSU. (i won't, by the way)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tankster on 2006-09-03 19:27 ]</font>

Nekomimi
On 2006-09-03 19:20, Tankster wrote:

HAHAAHAHAHAHA...wow, i understood you're point buddy- just try not to take sides on things when you don't have the right resources for your points, or if you just happen to hate me for no apparent reason (just keep it to yourself instead).

Like I told you, no one takes a person who can't even apply basic grammar correctly seriously. Also, you're still screwing up the usage of 'your' and 'you're'. Do you even know what an apostrophe is used for? Also, I noticed that you referred to me as a child. I find this laughable given most of your posts and responses to other posts. Only a child assumes that all criticism is personal and becomes angry enough to call other people names and employ vulgarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nekomimi on 2006-09-03 19:27 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 3, 2006, 09:28 PM
Can I say...

STFU please ^_^b.

zandra117
Sep 3, 2006, 09:29 PM
Just delete all of tankster's posts because all he seems to be doing now is adding more fuel to the fire by responding to everyone's flames instead of ignoring them.

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:28, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Can I say...

STFU please ^_^b.

that was pretty random ^_^

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
Yes, lockage seconded.

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:33 PM
Sleet_v2 please ask a Mod to lock this thread, If you have any further questions you may start a new topic. Thank you for your time.

Or if any Mod wants to, they can freely lock this without feeling any guilt or unsatisfaction ^_^

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:27, Nekomimi wrote:

On 2006-09-03 19:20, Tankster wrote:

Like I told you, no one takes a person who can't even apply basic grammar correctly seriously. Also, you're still screwing up the usage of 'your' and 'you're'. Do you even know what an apostrophe is used for? Also, I noticed that you referred to me as a child. I find this laughable given most of your posts and responses to other posts. Only a child assumes that all criticism is personal and becomes angry enough to call other people names and employ vulgarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nekomimi on 2006-09-03 19:27 ]</font>

Okay. the apostrophe is used when you mean to say 'you are' in a faster way, therefore you use the word "you're". I aggree i made a mistake.

Oh... and you say my posts and responses are bad? I swear that most of the posts coming from you happen to be directed in an evil way at someone else... Unfortunately i have wasted many posts trying to tell you that it isn't fun being flamed at for no reason.

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:36 PM
I apologize for responding to flames directed at me. I am sorry. I don't expect Nekomimi to apologize back though...

*edit* Lets have an in-game get together in a couple months and hang http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tankster on 2006-09-03 19:40 ]</font>

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:39 PM
we all make grammar and spelling mistakes, we all lose our tempers and take out our anger on someone and we all fight we each other at some point. Let's all just try not to post in this thread anymore and let it fade from our memories. (saying that really makes me wanna play PSU for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

Tankster
Sep 3, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:39, vitius137 wrote:
we all make grammar and spelling mistakes, we all lose our tempers and take out our anger on someone and we all fight we each other at some point. Let's all just try not to post in this thread anymore and let it fade from our memories. (saying that really makes me wanna play PSU for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

community FTW.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2006, 09:44 PM
Unless you guys'll be on the Xbox 360, I doubt I can join the pow-wow >_<

Fleece
Sep 3, 2006, 09:44 PM

N-O O-N-E asked you so just leave.

/ban IpRange Tankster

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2006, 09:45 PM
Oh well, can't say I didn't try.