PDA

View Full Version : JP importers need JP PS2?

Sleet_v2
Sep 3, 2006, 04:40 PM
Is this true? Or can I use Swapdisk?

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well, in the IRC chat that you were present in... We came to the conclusion that in order to play online you needed your DNAS to match that of a JP PS2...

Using the Swapdisk will allow you to play offline however, if this rumor/discussion is proved true.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:47 PM
I use HDLoader to play my imports, which may or may not be an option for you.

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
But his question, Neko, is will he be able to get online with a Non-JP PS2.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 04:54 PM
I'm aware. I should have quoted your post to make it clear I was responding to the second part of your post where you said it might still be a rumor that Swapdisk would allow you to play offline. If HDL works, Swapdisk almost definitely does.

jstroh
Sep 3, 2006, 10:27 PM
No you need a Japanese PS2 to play online.

Zalana
Sep 4, 2006, 01:21 AM
I think there's a way to get your DNAS iD patched in order to play online but, I'm not really sure. Try reading up on it.

Rubesahl
Sep 4, 2006, 01:27 AM
hhmm... didn't know the DNAS needed to match with the region. Oh well, doesn't affect me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I have both the PC and PS2 version o.o wanted the special edition from play asia and my sis can play in the PS2. We're not planning to play online until we finish story mode so before that... I do hope it will run well on her PC, that's also one of the reasons I didn't mind getting both versions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif wanted to compare myself and test how well it runs on diff PCs so I can advise my friends . _ .;

Crispin
Sep 4, 2006, 01:52 AM
As long as you have the original disc, you don't have to worry about DNAS. The problem comes with the machine ID of the Playstation 2 itself. If you have a fat PS2, it's possible to change the region code from NA to JP, but linking to how to go about doing this is probably against the rules.

HDLoader won't work because you need to run the game off the disc in order to pass the DNAS check.

This is all for online play, of course. You should be able to play offline using the usual methods no problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crispin on 2006-09-03 23:54 ]</font>

Zalana
Sep 4, 2006, 02:00 AM
Well if you have a Crystal Chip Modchip then I think you can play online but for the others it needs to be patched. Still totally not sure but, worth a try.

mechatra
Sep 4, 2006, 05:47 AM
Just out of curiosity. My PSU Sega direct pack is scheduled to arrive on the 6th, but this thread has brought something to my attention.

Will I be able to get online with my Ps2. I live in the UK, but I imported a Ps2 simply for the reason of imports. But it's not a Japanese model. It runs off NTSC J games, but uses a different voltage rating due to it being Asian.

Is my JP PSU going to be able to go onlien on this console?

-Shimarisu-
Sep 4, 2006, 11:27 AM
Nah you can use a PC.

*facefault*

Rubesahl
Sep 4, 2006, 12:02 PM
I think it would mechatra o.o don't think it'd be picky enough to differentiate Asian version from a Japanese version. I remember I had a Chinese Dreamcast XD played all JPN games I put in it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Dunno how elite Sony feels about that though >_>; Anyways you have more chances than me who uses a NA PS2 >_>