PDA

View Full Version : A quick quest for the lucky PSU players...

Dynheart
Sep 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
I soooooo can't wait for the game to be released! I have a question for the lucky people playing the game.

One thing that always bothered me in PSO was meseta...it was useless! Sure you level your MAG, you buy healing items, and you buy spells, and armor ect ect, but, that only lasts for what. Till level 50, if that? So for about 150 levels I have maxed out meseta in bank AND on char. Having all the meseta didn't feel like an accomplishment.

To make matters worse, meseta was never used in trades. So chalk up another tally against PSO's currency.

So my question is, is meseta have any worth in this game? Is it VERY hard to obtain? Is the cap raised on how much you can carry? I hope meseta plays a bigger part in this game...so much I hope it's a viable means of trade at level cap!

And a quick side question...are rares harder to come by in this game, too?

Thanks in advance

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
From what we have seen so far, meseta will be far more useful. For example: to recharge your Photon Points you have to do it at a recharge station. I hear it isn't cheap. Also, new clothes appear to cost quite a bit.

Kyunji
Sep 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
Meseta has much more value at the moment. It's much scarcer now, and thanks in part to the player-run economy, will have actual uses now (assuming inflation doesn't occur, via rampant cheating/hacking or lack of proper money sinks). It is also necessary for buying healing items, synthesis boards (for creating new items) and the like. As long as as much meseta is being taken out of the game as goes into it, everything should be fine.

Dynheart
Sep 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
Cool! This sets my mind at ease. Thanks for the quick reply!

A2K
Sep 3, 2006, 10:10 PM
I don't think recharge stations cost money... unless it's been charging for it this entire time and I haven't noticed. o_o

Kyunji
Sep 3, 2006, 10:16 PM
On 2006-09-03 19:54, vitius137 wrote:
From what we have seen so far, meseta will be far more useful. For example: to recharge your Photon Points you have to do it at a recharge station. I hear it isn't cheap. Also, new clothes appear to cost quite a bit.

Actually, it costs about ten to fifteen meseta (if my memory serves me correctly) to refill the Photon Points of all weapons, which is very, very cheap. New clothes, on the other hand, can cost up in the thousands (I've heard of some for five thousand, which is probably fairly low). It doesn't make sense, but it works.

Zodd
Sep 3, 2006, 10:21 PM
There is a charge, but with my 3 star weapon it costs me about 10-15 meseta when my PP is 80% depleted, so it's not as bad as you may think. I'm sure it'll get higher with better weapons, though.