PDA

View Full Version : do PMs have genders?

Keyeszx
Sep 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
topic^^
im srry if this has been asked

EtherForce
Sep 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm curious about this as well. I'd think they would cause of the way they transform.

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2006, 10:29 PM
So far, they look like females in the humanoid forms.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 10:39 PM
Kinda boring, if you ask me. It'd be neater with more divers, final forms other than human-shaped evolutions, or just females... Besides, how does a miniture dragon turn into a human girl-thingy?

Kuzzle
Sep 3, 2006, 10:40 PM
Strange... You'd think that'd be something you could choose. You know, since you can choose gender with the Casts... Come to think of it, though, I saw a video, and they made Pete sound like a chick. Maybe they're unisex to begin with, and they'll become different genders depending on what you give them? I don't know, that's just wild speculation.

Shinjiro
Sep 3, 2006, 10:48 PM
On 2006-09-03 20:39, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Kinda boring, if you ask me. It'd be neater with more divers, final forms other than human-shaped evolutions, or just females... Besides, how does a miniture dragon turn into a human girl-thingy?

I know, I think a better version of the dragon would be cool. Also, good point... Exactly how does a little dragon turn into a little girl?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-09-03 20:49 ]</font>

Keyeszx
Sep 3, 2006, 10:54 PM
i mean if u can change the sex i would name mine Neji or Rock Lee and i would be Gai or Rock Lee if i didnt name my PM Lee

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
I never knew that machines had genders in the first place @_@ (excluding casts although I'm still not sure about them >_> )

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 11:09 PM
Casts are androids, not robots.

And the PM's don't have gender, really, although I'm assuming that the reason they all eventually turn into Females is because the common conception of a maid is a female.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 11:12 PM
That's sexist! I'm offended... or something.

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 11:15 PM
Japan is still kind of a sexist society, you know. I'm not saying they do it on purpose, just that it's part of their ancient culture and tradition. They're WAY better now than they were even 10 years ago, but still have common views like that.

Besides, when's the last time you saw a MALE french maid? *shudder*

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 11:18 PM
Lol, in every yaoi doujin my girlfriend has...

RoboKy
Sep 3, 2006, 11:22 PM
I think it's more for the anime fan service thing. Want to see a nasteh good chocolate advertise from Japan? Youtube has it, so it's not that nasteh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83q46EdsrI
In related news, bust up gum is now available outside Japoness.

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-09-03 21:22, RoboKy wrote:

I think it's more for the anime fan service thing. Want to see a nasteh good chocolate advertise from Japan? Youtube has it, so it's not that nasteh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83q46EdsrI
In related news, bust up gum is now available outside Japoness.
The thing is, the only reason we don't have commercials like that in America isn't because we "respect" women more (as a culture). We're just too uptight about sex to be quite so upfront about it. (Have you seen Axe Body Spray commercials?)

And as for how a dragon robot turns into a girl robot... are you really asking that? How about, how does a floating ball with arms turn into a dragon? Or how does your character carry around 6 sets of weapons and 54 other items on him/her without so much as a knapsack? o_0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-03 21:31 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yep. Horrible, deplorable violence is OKAY, as long as no one says any dirty words! (OGM South Park.)

RoboKy
Sep 3, 2006, 11:29 PM
I think church and state are'nt really seperate is why, and the napsack isn't needed when you have a nanotranser: Nanotrancer
The primary trait of A-photon crystals is their ability to control space. This quality creates a distortion is space, allowing one to nanotrance, or store, weapons and other equipment in that distortion. A device which does this is known as a nanotrancer. These have become standard equipment for the Guardians.

This technology guarantees the convenience of space accomodation, even on an individual basis. Known as "a device that lets you say goodbye to your baggage," nanotrancers quickly spread in popularity across the Gurhal System. However, if the capacity of the spatial distortion is increased, the cost of a nanotrancer sky-rockets. That is why there is a fair amount of difference in efficiency between nanotrancers used by the general public and those of the Guardians and soldiers of the A.M.F.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2381#Nanotrancer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoboKy on 2006-09-03 21:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoboKy on 2006-09-03 21:35 ]</font>

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 11:33 PM
... Well, now that this thread has gotten derailed into two political/cultural issues, all I have to say is...

IBTL.

Zeig123
Sep 3, 2006, 11:35 PM
wow....that is horrible

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-09-03 21:29, RoboKy wrote:
I think church and state are'nt really seperate is why, and the napsack isn't needed when you have a nanotranser...I'm well aware of the explanation for it. However, it's made up. If they can do that, what's so unbelievable about a dragon-robot morphing into a girl-robot? That would be the point.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 11:40 PM
It's rather illogical. It's like planting an apple seed and getting an orange tree.

vitius137
Sep 3, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-09-03 21:40, Phoenix_Black wrote:
It's rather illogical. It's like planting an apple seed and getting an orange tree.

That happened to me once o_O

Kyuu
Sep 3, 2006, 11:46 PM

Trying to apply logic to an RPG with lightsabres, guns that shoot photons, robots that walk, talk, have emotional outbursts, and shoot things, dragons, flowers that fall from the sky and make the ground catch on fire, giant pigs that want to kill you, and so on and so forth... seems a bit illogical in and of itself.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 3, 2006, 11:56 PM
I knew you'd toss that one out. There is a difference between science fiction and something being illogical. "Good" science fiction consits of a logical flow. It dosn't have to be actually possible, but it has to be understandable. The list you've provided can be explained. A photon weapon is made by harnessing photon energy, an effeciant form of energy. Technology is incredibly advanced, compared to us, so walking, talking robots with a conscience isn't to hard to believe. Dragons and "flowers" that fall from the sky could very well already exist somewhere in the Universe. With the size of the Universe, it is perfectly possible for every human made creature in a science fiction flick could already exist somewhere. Dragons and "flowers" have developed and been molded by evolution, causing them to be what they are. Though it is possible for a cat to eventually, and I mean a very, very long time, evolve into a humanoid, but it is very hard to understand this in five levels of evolution that are present in the game. It'd be like starting out a story and then jumping right the end without an explanation.

A2K
Sep 3, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-09-03 21:46, Kyuu wrote:

Trying to apply logic to an RPG with lightsabres, guns that shoot photons, robots that walk, talk, have emotional outbursts, and shoot things, dragons, flowers that fall from the sky and make the ground catch on fire, giant pigs that want to kill you, and so on and so forth... seems a bit illogical in and of itself.

I think what he means is that it's illogical, even in the context of the universe it takes place in. It would be like Ethan suddenly becoming a drug addict or some sort of crazy superhero with laser eye beams for no rhyme or reason or buildup or fanfare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-03 22:03 ]</font>

RoboKy
Sep 3, 2006, 11:59 PM

I've seen a robot that can walk, talk and have emotions: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/20/1023864460978.html
Guns that shoot photons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser
and pigs pretty much eat anything, even an appendage or whole body. Please remove those from that list.

Kyuu
Sep 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
So basically what you're saying is you want them to make up an explanation for it.

Try this: make one up yourself so you can sleep at night. It's a robot that evolves into different things. Get over it.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
But I don't want a dragon to evolve into a chick. I want a dragon to evolve into a bigger, better dragon.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2006, 12:07 AM

One of the great things about science fiction is that some of the most seemingly implausible or unfeasible things can be done and explained in some halfway believable manner, with made-up "scientific" logic rather than simply saying a wizard did it. This includes common game cliches like item/weapon storage (Nanotracers!), alien entities destroying all in their path (they're alien so we know jack shit about them yet!) and how unarmored teenagers can withstand meteor storms (Shield Line System!). Part of the fun of sci-fi is thinking of logic that makes certain things possible.

Kyuu
Sep 4, 2006, 12:09 AM
Exactly. So think up some kind of logic involving technology that doesn't exist to explain the dragon-robot transforming into a girl-robot.

Here's one for ya: those robots use photon energy to rearrange their molecules into any friggin' shape they feel like. It just so happens that a quirk of their programming makes them want to only transform into miniature girl-robots when they grow powerful enough.

RoboKy
Sep 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:06, Kyuu wrote:
So basically what you're saying is you want them to make up an explanation for it.

Try this: make one up yourself so you can sleep at night. It's a robot that evolves into different things. Get over it.

I did'nt say I wanted an explaination, I was just responding to your shot at Pheonix dragon or whatever.

Minswune
Sep 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
Bigger better dragons cant easily wield weapons though D:

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2006, 12:11 AM
True. It makes more sense that a dragon would evolve into a bigger drago. But, it's a ROBOT. Then, how the hell does a robot take such massively different forms without even appearing to have the right kinds of parts for transformation? Well, I'd imagine one helluva Photon-intensive method. Remember, Photon energy, when used in certain ways, can become very much like magic, and not the kind of nonsense magic you'd find in a hog's warts.

...it's a shame those photons couldn't instead be used to evolve a dragon nto a bigger dragon.

Kyuu
Sep 4, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'm telling you, the robots have loli-fetish and only want to transform into mini-girls. That explains everything!

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 12:13 AM
XD. Ok, a draconic humanoid, yo. It can also shoot lazers from its eyes and fore missles out its chest?

But seriously, a humanoid dragon would be bitchin'. I wanna see a Dragon weilding a Dragon Slayer.

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 12:14 AM
XD My character will thusly be a pedo.

RoboKy
Sep 4, 2006, 12:18 AM
Sounds good, they're not human so it's legal. Another bonus.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:13, Kyuu wrote:
I'm telling you, the robots have loli-fetish and only want to transform into mini-girls. That explains everything!

Or were they merely programmed to have loli-fetish, and the company making them is planning to make Gurhal a lolicon system by distributing free robots that wanna be lolis!

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
*applies the Pedobear Seal of Approval to PSU*

RoboKy
Sep 4, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:19, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Or were they merely programmed to have loli-fetish, and the company making them is planning to make Gurhal a lolicon system by distributing free robots that wanna be lolis!

What?! I thought they just liked loli, not wanted to be one. I don't like where this story is going.

RoboKy
Sep 4, 2006, 12:24 AM
Unless loli means something else on this forum. Sry 2x post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoboKy on 2006-09-03 22:26 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 12:24 AM
In that case, I'd do 420... You know... I think there are some Channers, here. And 420 is the perfect number, if you know what I mean.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'm retired. Random sucks now.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-09-03 22:24, RoboKy wrote:

On 2006-09-03 22:23, RoboKy wrote:

On 2006-09-03 22:19, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

What?! I thought they just liked loli, not wanted to be one. I don't like where this story is going. Unless loli means something else on this crazy forum.

They like loli, they can transform, I think it makes perfect sense for them to just become loli. It's a part of the corporations' plan to make Gurhal a lolicon system...