PDA

View Full Version : First finds!

Kuzzle
Sep 3, 2006, 10:29 PM
Ok, well, here's hoping someone actually looks at this topic.

Basicly, I have a couple questions for you people who are already playing:

1: What was the first item you found?
2: What was the first weapon you found?

I'm talking about in Online mode, but feel free to post about things you found in offline mode as well, if you feel like it. Oh, and please include a brief description with the name. Otherwise, those who don't play may be quite confused! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inu_Shadi
Sep 3, 2006, 10:32 PM
I cant say until it comes to the US ;.;

Ether
Sep 3, 2006, 10:36 PM
99% of item drops are random crafting junk. Weapons are extremely rare to drop, though you can sometimes find starter sabers and handguns in Linear Line

I have no idea what my first item was, didn't think it was important, and oh yeah, it was in japanese

Kuzzle
Sep 3, 2006, 10:36 PM
Aw... Well, you know... Didn't seem like a bad question to ask, so I just kind of, like... put it out there... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nekomimi
Sep 3, 2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, this isn't like PSO anymore...you'll almost never see armors or weapons drop. Usable items are a little more common but not too much more. The most common things to see on the ground after you kill something are either money or crafting items.

BoxyBrown
Sep 3, 2006, 11:16 PM
On 2006-09-03 20:32, Inu_Shadi wrote:

then y did u post?

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 02:52 AM
can you sell the crafting items for meseta?

Natrokos
Sep 4, 2006, 02:57 AM
If not to a npc then to a player i'm sure.

Polly
Sep 4, 2006, 03:08 AM
Most I've seen a crafting material go for in shops online is 250 and that was a red box.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 03:28 AM
I've seen weapons drop online but it felt like they were all worse than what the shops could sell. Oddly when I tried to sell them to the shops, they only offered me 1 meseta, oh and it was a saber.
Most rares that I found from levels 1-6 was either crafting recipes or materials.

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 03:32 AM
wow meseta sounds like it will be hard to come by. but missions reward meseta too so I guess it'll add up as long as you dont overspend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cross
Sep 4, 2006, 03:36 AM
In Linear Line, the equipment that drops is the most basic stuff, and that sells for 1 meseta (so that a player can't make a new character, sell off their equipment, then repeat for some quick easy money). I got a lot of equipment drops in Parum's maps, though; it's never really nice stuff, but you could probably use it if it dropped the first time you went there. Otherwise it just sells for 120m.

But yeah, it's mostly crafting material that drops. You can sell it, but I'd only really advise doing that for the first couple levels where you don't have any weapons or skills and it's boring as hell. Once you have equipment that lets you actually function, it's best to just stockpile your stuff, because A) You'll save money in the long run crafting items that you'll need, and B) Crafting is the only way to get things more advanced than what the shops sell. Before the servers went down, I had a Staff crafting at my Partner Machinery that was one tier higher than anything you could buy in the shops.

Natrokos
Sep 4, 2006, 03:43 AM
Sheesh shops go out of style that fast!? I'm not complaining just a bit dumbstruck.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 03:43 AM
That's when you turn to Player Shops.

Nilot
Sep 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-09-03 21:16, BoxyBrown wrote:

On 2006-09-03 20:32, Inu_Shadi wrote:

then y did u post?

why did you bother to try picking on 'em? He means first weapons and armor I'm sure don't over analyze it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flamingo99
Sep 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
this is sort of off topic... but do you set a price for items in the player shop, or does the PM set it. And if thats the case, will the price be based upon the weapon (stats, rarity) or will it be based like an economy (everyone has a the same rare for sale, making it cheaper). just a question i had. thanks

Arias
Sep 4, 2006, 01:31 PM
Sry to ask, I forgot, but what are crafting items for again?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 4, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-09-04 11:31, Arias wrote:
Sry to ask, I forgot, but what are crafting items for again?

Gee, I don't know, maybe for crafting?

Arias
Sep 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
Great, a sarcastic answer, don't we just LOVE it! :S (srry bout that >_>)
I ment, where can you craft .....

vitius137
Sep 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
give some crafting items to your PM and you can make new items/weapons. There is usually a chance of failure. http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2433

Numnuttz
Sep 4, 2006, 01:50 PM
it seems like crafting is really pushed onto the player. which means pms are really important now if you want to advance in the game. im thinking getting nothing but useless material at the beginning wont be so bad. you could either stockpile it for later use or feed it to your pm to evovle into its next form. i think feeding it would be best though because i read the higher the pm the higher chance of an item being produced.