PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Two Sabers and Two Handguns.

EB_Nall
Sep 4, 2006, 12:26 AM
Can i dual-wield if i buy two sabers or two hand guns? Or is dual wielding a single item, like the dual sabers in PSO?

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2006, 12:28 AM
It's a single item. You have to buy or synthesize specific dual weapon combos.

EB_Nall
Sep 4, 2006, 12:29 AM
Is it relatively rare?

EB_Nall
Sep 4, 2006, 12:32 AM
Or expensive?

Ether
Sep 4, 2006, 12:54 AM
Online you can buy them at the first weapon shop for about 350 meseta

On 2006-09-03 22:28, EspioKaos wrote:
It's a single item. You have to buy or synthesize specific dual weapon combos.

Actually I've seen dual daggers and dual fists drop in Parum fields

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 01:01 AM
Really, because I had to wait for fists to become available to buy. As a sidenote, I believe the 'fists' weapon ONLY comes dual wielded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nekomimi on 2006-09-03 23:02 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 4, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-09-03 23:01, Nekomimi wrote:
As a sidenote, I believe the 'fists' weapon ONLY comes dual wielded.

Oh, you're right XD I guess I was thinking of claws

EB_Nall
Sep 4, 2006, 01:24 AM
Any kicking animations in combat?

Alisha
Sep 4, 2006, 02:04 AM
the phonton knuckles/fists have kicks in some of thier pa's i believe.

oShojino
Sep 4, 2006, 04:01 AM
The first photon blast for knuckles has a kicking animation when you get it to level 11+

Sethesh
Sep 4, 2006, 05:00 AM
i'm gonna play with dual sabers, thats just pure style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 4, 2006, 07:24 AM
same here, I love the twin sabers.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
I don't think double sword is in the game anymore. The new double-ended weapon looks more like a quarterstaff with photon 'balls' at the end, at least in the videos.

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 07:43 AM
On 2006-09-04 05:35, Nekomimi wrote:
I don't think double sword is in the game anymore. The new double-ended weapon looks more like a quarterstaff with photon 'balls' at the end, at least in the videos.

lol photon balls.

Meh, if they have a Greatsword, I'll be happy.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 07:46 AM
I didn't know how else to describe them. Photon caps? Weights? They're not blades anymore. It's cool looking, whatever it is.

Yes, of course there's still a Sword type weapon, however it seems to be limited to 4 enemies per swing, with the PA hitting everything in a circle around you.

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 07:47 AM
Thats sound pretty good, and it does indeed look good. In a way I'm kinda glad they changed it.

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 07:48 AM
4 enemies is enough. But have you tried them one out yet? How slow is it?

I remember how pissed I was during PSO when some ranger would take out the target before I got to it.

mechatra
Sep 4, 2006, 07:48 AM
I'd say the best way to describe the new design for double-sabers is a twin ended photon paddle.

Personally I really like the new design.

mechatra
Sep 4, 2006, 07:49 AM
Greatswords are deffinately the slowest Melee weapon.^

Only weapon I can see being slower than that is the photon Cannon.

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 07:50 AM
Fu**.

Ah well, there's always me being the damn tank lol

mechatra
Sep 4, 2006, 07:54 AM
Greatswords do have a rather nifty photon art where you do a repeated frontflip slash.

That'd work to get you into the thick of crowds.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
lol, I'll stay away from greatsword for a bit. I think I'll stick to dual weilding Saber/Gun or Saber/Saber.

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
I guess...
*kicks rocks around*

Stupid slow greatswords...

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 4, 2006, 07:59 AM
On 2006-09-04 05:35, Nekomimi wrote:

if you were trying to talk about what I said, then I didn't mean Double Sabers, I meant Twin Sabers like Musashi, Yamato, Asuka, Sange & Yasha, and Jizai.

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 08:10 AM
Isn't that what dual-wielding is? On another note, I would like them to bring back the 4 "Legendary Katanas" and maybe add a mix-and-match feature to them.

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 08:23 AM
I wasn't really referring to anyone else, I was just kinda throwing it out there that Twin Sword isn't in the game as we know it anymore, unless it's a crafted weapon or a higher rank Twin Weapon than I've seen.

Ryo_Hayasa
Sep 4, 2006, 09:00 AM
yeah, because i thought when you equip something you have the ability to equip something else (vague...)

Say, you equip the hand gun to your left hand, now if you have a saber or another hand gun you can equip it to your right hand.

I say this because in the demo, i was able to well, seperate my dual wields into seperate equip slots so, i would have one slot with just a gun, the other just the sword.

So, am i going crazy? Or are Dual-wield really just one item.

Also, i plan on using the Photon Katana-dual combo because they look purty.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 09:24 AM
Single weapons are divided into left and right handed. Most guns are left handed, most melee weapons are right handed. (All the ones that I've seen so far followed this rule, and I've seen at least one of each of the single weapons so far, doesn't mean they can't break the rule with a unique weapon though)

This page http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2431 scroll down to Item Inventory -> Weapons. First three weapons are two handed, taking up both left and right. Next two are melee weapons, taking up the right side. Last two are guns, taking up the left side.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 4, 2006, 09:36 AM
when you say anymore, you mean like the double bladed weapons we saw in the early pictures? if so you have a point. i haven't seen them in any video. and you having the game and not seeing them yet almost confirms it. that would be sad. those pics were pretty cool! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

and the great swords being slow if no problem to me. especially if the dragon slayer is in the game. i'll make good use of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-09-04 07:39 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
Sep 4, 2006, 11:58 AM
what about doubble handguns, to me they are going to be my main weapon of choice. cause i know you can strafe with doubble handguns, but can you go in to first person vew with them?