PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun!

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 02:26 AM
This item intrigues me. How good are they? I'm pretty sure their accuracy is poor, far away, but if you can get close, are they something I should invest some meseta in? Some pics or vids of shotguns being used, would be awesome. What do you think?

zandra117
Sep 4, 2006, 02:31 AM
They are good for supporting your team by laying status effects on enemy mobs and are also good for hitting multiple points on bosses thus doing more damage. They shoot slow though because your character cocks it after each shot.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/items/weapons_overview/shotgun-3.jpg
standard shotguns fire 3 projectiles in a spread pattern per shot, If you apply an elemental bullet to the shotgun you can level the weapon up and the number of projectiles it shoots per shot increases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-04 00:37 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 02:32 AM
i would also like to see use of the shot gun im intruged

Phoenix_Black
Sep 4, 2006, 02:41 AM
Sounds like a weapon I'll use... I guess I'll be a Fihuner, or whatever the melee+gun class is. Thanks for the help.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 04:24 AM
i seen that picture i just wanted to see one in use in a video

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 07:19 AM
i must see it in action if anyone can

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 07:23 AM
I'd make a video for you except I don't like the weapon that much. >.>;

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 07:30 AM
well if you had the gun just a short vid would do of you shooting at some enemies

AC9breaker
Sep 4, 2006, 07:32 AM
Also, you can buy different bullets for one weapon and unequip/equip what ever Photon bullets you want. Here is my shot with earth elemental. The special effect silences people.

http://www.apocalypse-tribe.com/ac9breaker/PSU_32.jpg

The icon of the weapon changes to the appropiate Photon element you equip. So Orange/Earth, Blue/Ice, Yellow/Lightning, Red/Fire, Green/Nothing. The photon of your guns also changes to match your selected photon too. Think of the bullet system for Gunners from Monster Hunter if your still having a hard time understanding. When the servers get back up, I'll try to make some vids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-09-04 05:33 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
yeah vids would be great anyone playing offline would be great to see a vid since servers are down

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
oh and it seems they have alot of AP

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 09:17 AM
I tested the shotgun a bit. It plays sort of oddly. (note: tested with a rank B shotgun as a Lv 1 RA, offline storymode)

- It fires in a cone of the same size as what you see in the picture posted earlier.
- It can hit up to four times with one shot. I shot a group of enemies and saw four numbers popped up.
- It can miss enemies in it's own cone. The targetting seems to follow exactly where the shots go off. So if they're further out you can miss enemies between where the shots fly off.
- It can hit one single enemy multiple times when up close. I'm not sure how many times. I'm thinking at most three times. Semi tested.
- It looks like it can only hold one shotgun PA at a time. (sort of standard for all guns though, as opposed to a wand/staff which can hold up 2/4 techs and melee weapons which also hold only one PA but have a default melee attack)
- The PP cost is based upon the PA that is equipped and it also varies based upon the PAs level. (works this way with pistols)
- It's also relatively weak. The weapon I'm using brought my attack to 303, equivalent ranking weapons, one handed Crossbow : 397, one handed saber: 458, two handed rifle : 586

edit: information about cost of PAs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-04 17:10 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 4, 2006, 09:27 AM
but if it can hit multiple targets or a single target multiple times wouldn't that cause more damage then the single shot bow, saber and rifle? of course the trade off is the close range for max effectiveness and the long delay between shots. I can see this being on of the niche ranger sects like rifleman, bowman and duel pistol rangers. could be cool a really cool support ranger like stated before. especially with a nice rare shotgun! thanks for the info.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
It's sort of hard to compare hunter weapons and ranger weapons now that I think about it. What seems to make rangers effective and on par with hunters is that they can augment their damage through PAs, both in normal damage and obtaining a fighting bonus exploiting an enemy's elemental weakness(assuming this exists). Whereas a hunter has normal damage that's unboosted and then gets the benefit of increased damage (with usually lower accuracy) with their PAs.

I should also add that it has a 41% base accuracy modifier with a normal shot. But this goes up when you augment it with a PA (seems like gun PAs goes up 1% accuracy per point of PA level, including level 1). For reference a handgun has 47% base accuracy.

The targetting can become an issue when fighting against enemies with multiple targetable points as it doesn't seem to track as PSO did.

Minswune
Sep 4, 2006, 11:00 AM
Are shotguns in PSU comparable to those of pso? if so, i may stay away from them ;x, though i can see them being of use if a ranger is aiming for support, wide spread ice shot and freeze a room of enemies.

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 11:01 AM
On 2006-09-04 09:00, Minswune wrote:
Are shotguns in PSU comparable to those of pso? if so, i may stay away from them ;x, though i can see them being of use if a ranger is aiming for support, wide spread ice shot and freeze a room of enemies.

It sorta looks like it.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 06:00 PM
like the shots?

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 07:17 PM
Updating for cost of the PP as i found out I was wrong about earlier info. The PP cost does change as you level up, I don't know how much for every single one though.

At level 1, for shots:

Fire = 6
Ice = 8
Thunder = 8
Earth = 6
Light = 8
Dark = 8

Pistols follow this pattern as well, except with 3's and 4's

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2006, 09:21 PM
So, with leveled-up BAs, you can have a shotgun kinda like what you'd find in Contra!

Red Guy: Hey check out this new spread gun. *fires the normal triple shot*
Blue Guy: Haha LAME. Only three shots!
Red Guy: *uses leveled-up Bullet Art* SWEET!*fires maniacally and destroys everything in his path*
...*click click click*
Damn, I'm outta PP. *clickclickclickclickclick*
Blue Guy: *comes out from behind a tree* So am I, huh-huh.
Red Guy: I need a new gun! *finds an "F" icon*
...*lets an enemy shoot him and respawns with his regular gun* Better!