PDA

View Full Version : Online servers down until September 6th

slimeking
Sep 4, 2006, 03:20 AM
Here is the latest:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=34

They also mention some additional maintenance that they need to perform after they bring the servers back up and a 30 day re-grant for the month of October.

Ether
Sep 4, 2006, 03:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118314&forum=20&14

slimeking
Sep 4, 2006, 03:39 AM
Gotcha-
I see the post, but what section of the website is this posted in? I generally click on the PSU Message boards --> PSU Gernal and read the posts in the topic section.

Diablohead
Sep 4, 2006, 04:23 AM
Wow, the servers must have had something pretty bad with them do take them down for so long now, lets be glad they found this now and not in a months time.

tank1
Sep 4, 2006, 04:34 AM
Im just personally glad i didnt give in to temptation and buy the JP release.

Ifrian
Sep 4, 2006, 06:04 AM
They also said that untill a unspecified date of october , our characters may and will be erased at any time if needed again......pathetic really

It been the WORST online game launch of history ....

This is a third beta, not the game...

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 06:18 AM
all games have problems in the start they will never be perfect at launch and thats just how it is, and thats what happens when gamers pressure them to let out a game earlier, i dont mind at least there fixing the problem...

tank1
Sep 4, 2006, 06:23 AM
True all you can do is grit your teeth and deal with it. But if its any concelation atleast ST is trying to remedy glitches and problems instead of burying there heads in the sand.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 4, 2006, 06:45 AM
exactly when they did that with pso for DC-GC a tear came to my eye(not really) on how poorly the servers were ran, but now i am over joyed on there performance so far, 100 times better job by far so far

AC9breaker
Sep 4, 2006, 07:03 AM
Awesome! we get a free extra month of play!? (b'-')b

So glad I imported.

^_________________________________________________ ______________^

Parn
Sep 4, 2006, 07:50 AM
On 2006-09-04 04:04, Ifrian wrote:
Nope, way too early to make such a claim! You really need to stop making these kinds of statements when it's not true. You really, really need to read this (http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=216).

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
On 2006-09-04 05:50, Parn wrote:

On 2006-09-04 04:04, Ifrian wrote:
Nope, way too early to make such a claim! You really need to stop making these kinds of statements when it's not true. You really, really need to read this (http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=216).

I agree, it's WAY too early in the game to assume this. However, I really like how they're actually caring about their players by adding another free month just because of the problems on their own end.

So, if you ask me, they're dealing with it EXTREMELY well.

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 07:57 AM
They are, lets hope they keep this up for NA and EU PSU. All this is restoring my respect for ST, but well heads will be rolling otherwise.

Parn
Sep 4, 2006, 07:58 AM
It's funny really, since the problem is their network and not the client... their decision to not do an open beta has backfired on them, since they never did a proper stress test. They really should have had one.

Ah well... two months of free online play is alright with me. Though this does kind of make my purchase of netcash wasted, if the US release comes out on time. Heh.

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 08:05 AM
hey, that's fine, you could always give it to me....

*Ahem* Or someone you trust...

Ryo_Hayasa
Sep 4, 2006, 09:05 AM
Hey, it could be worse, always worse. "We're decided to do a server wipe, and shut down our servers untill a later date (not stated) untill we fix the problem)

1-month later
"Since we at sonic team are so busy with other projects we will pospone the re-opening ofPSU's online servers untill a later date. (AKA, we're going to sorta, forget this bastard child exsist and well you fans don't matter to us...) "

I'm amazed hearing this, there was a dup bug in the game, and ST actually did something right away. It's good to see they're invovled now, but Blue burst is well maintained right?