PDA

View Full Version : Photon Arts limits

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 04:38 AM
My character currently has a limit of 36, I was wondering if that ever expands past that amount?

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 04:45 AM
You can't expand the 36 limit currently, hopefully it will be a future feature.

Maybe the limit expansion will come with Expert Classes? Especially seeing how the 36 limit is the combine total of Photon Arts + Bullets + Tech.

Ether
Sep 4, 2006, 04:55 AM
Wow I had no idea there was a limit at all. Even worse is that there are exactly 36 techs

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 04:58 AM
Yeah, this limitation didn't exactly register until I had a character branched out everywhere. The limit also seems odd and slightly in favor of players going Hunter + other two since melee arts only have one per weapon (that I've seen so far) whereas each gun type has one per element and techs, well, every element has a ton of spells as well.

mechatra
Sep 4, 2006, 05:22 AM
I've seen at least 3 different branches of PA for numerous hunter weapons, they probably just havent been opened for use yet.

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 01:00 PM
so this is about the amount of types of Photon Arts?

or the photon points for them?

36 is quite a lot for each blade weapon. hmm or do you mean in total?

ohhhh you're saying each blade weapon only has one type of photon art each right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well they'll probably add more later.
but anyways this encourages players to carry different types of weapons, that way you have different styles of attacks and photon arts you can switch to and use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-04 11:00 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 4, 2006, 01:08 PM
They're talking about the max photon arts you can learn, from my interpretation. For example, you could learn say, 24 techs, 4 bullet types, and 8 hunter skills for a total of 36 photon arts on a single character. I imagine they're just making it so you don't have everything on a single character.

Guess we'll find out more as things progress.

zandra117
Sep 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
Can you unlearn photon arts and replace them with others?

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
oh ok! I think that's even better cause it makes people more unique instead of learning/using everything.

I mean there will already be dual class options and pure class options, so this makes Hunters more unique in the style of weapons they prefer using and mastering further by getting more photon arts for those specific weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I guess this is tied to my idea of having the option to have a 'career' using a specific type of weapon, etc. etc. that way their preferred weapon would end up having advanced photon arts than if they chose to learn photon arts for all the weapons that class can use.

at least it may be something similiar to that.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, you can replace photon arts.

PandaMasterX4
Sep 4, 2006, 01:18 PM
I would actually like to know if you can unlearn techs.

Arias
Sep 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
Sorry, I don't know too much about photon arts, and I don't really understand the info here on PSOW (srry!:S) Can anyone explain it to me, shortly? And about this limit

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
Photon Arts pretty much cover the range of abilities that utilize PP. Hunters = Skills, Rangers = Bullets, Force = Techniques. Any one character can have a total of 36 in any combination of the three types of skills. Someone earlier mentioned there's 36 techs. I think, assuming there's 6 elements (fire,ice,lightning,earth,holy,dark) and each ranger weapon has 6 elements to them, then there's 30 Bullets for Rangers. But so far I've only seen one skill for each weapon. So assuming you want to make a Hunter with some tech power, then you're sort of limited in how many techs you can learn because you can't learn all 36 and expect to still have some skills as well.

Zeig123
Sep 4, 2006, 01:57 PM
man than my HUnewm is going to be kinda hard to play with cause I was planning on making him a side force cause I plan to solo alot.....so if I undrstand this right you can replace techs and skills and such so that you can have like all the skills one time you play and the next you have some techs and also how would a hunter be useing techs this early in the game

princejake2
Sep 4, 2006, 02:06 PM
This sounds confusing >_<
There is still so much about this game that I'm lost on.

Parn
Sep 4, 2006, 02:10 PM
I imagine "unlearning" a photon art to make room for another makes you lose all associated level-ups with it.

Naes_Siwel
Sep 4, 2006, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry if it has been asked already... But what is the max level for Photon Arts?

Nekomimi
Sep 4, 2006, 02:16 PM
After you try to use a 37th tech/PA, it prompts you to overwrite an old one that you already learned.

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 02:52 PM
ya this is why if you wanna be better at something, focus on those things instead of tryin to be a jack of all trades. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

in this way, you won't run out of space to learn photonarts so easily.

besides early on you can only be one class at a time, so it pays to only learn photon arts for weapons you actually will use a lot instead of PAs from other classes.

it costs time and money to develop more than one class so in a way its not worth it if you plan on being a pure class in the future anyway.

36 spaces to learn skills/bullets/techs is quite a lot depending on how you make use of that space. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A2K
Sep 4, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-09-04 12:14, Naes_Siwel wrote:
I'm sorry if it has been asked already... But what is the max level for Photon Arts?

20, if I'm not mistaken?

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well actually there are benefits to learning some tech as well, you can still use them early on, just find a wand. Like rafoie seems to do nice damage while playing ethan and it can hit multiple(think up to 3) enemies.

Likewise, lets say you're a hunter there are some that aren't worth learning because the skills are hard to use. Some of the skills are so slow that I'm finding them rather annoying to use in close combat since the enemies can move around so much that they get out of range of your attacks.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-09-04 13:00, A2K wrote:

On 2006-09-04 12:14, Naes_Siwel wrote:

20, if I'm not mistaken?

Mistaken http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I've got 23 in a saber skill.

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 03:06 PM
well it depends on how you use them. even the slow ones can be helpful. and often the slow ones should not be used right after a combo, normally the slow types of special attacks should be used first and independantly from normal attack combinations.

just like back then it's sometimes unwise to fully chain 3 attacks at once, sometimes one or two is required to have enough time to avoid a counterattack or whatever.

so ya it depends on how you play.

A2K
Sep 4, 2006, 03:08 PM
Oh, wow. That must have been the beta limit, I guess? Or something... where did I get 20?

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 4, 2006, 03:09 PM
well, I don't see any probs, my human [and maybe my beast] is gonna be a full blown Hunter so he's just gonna have all skills. my newman may have like 18 bullets and 18 techs since she'll be in between a force and a ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-04 13:12 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Sep 4, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-09-04 13:09, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, I don't see any probs, my human [and maybe my beast] is gonna be a full blown Hunter so he's just gonna have all skills. my newman may have like 18 bullets and 18 techs since she'll be in between a force and a ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-04 13:12 ]</font>

[OFF TOPIC] You have Ryoga listed as one of your char's in your sig... I am amazed to see anyone using the name "Ryoga" for a char in PS. I have used it since DC, and I have not met a single person who used that name... heck I only met a handful who know what anime it came from

Zorafim
Sep 4, 2006, 05:53 PM
Ranma 1/2. I cosplayed as him a few times, the ladies love it.

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-09-04 13:08, A2K wrote:
Oh, wow. That must have been the beta limit, I guess? Or something... where did I get 20?

Offline cap is 30. Online cap is currently 20 until Expert classes are out Sega removes the cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-04 20:08 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Sep 4, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-09-04 15:53, Zorafim wrote:

I meant that I only met a handful of ppl while playing PSO that knew who he was

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-09-04 16:26, Ryoga4523 wrote:

On 2006-09-04 15:53, Zorafim wrote:

I meant that I only met a handful of ppl while playing PSO that knew who he was

Ahh yes the Famous Lost Pig Boy

Zeig123
Sep 4, 2006, 09:46 PM
On 2006-09-04 16:03, Unknown_PC wrote:

On 2006-09-04 13:08, A2K wrote:

Offline cap is 30. Online cap is currently 20 until Expert classes are out.

does this mean that if you are pure hunter you can reach lv 30 techs but if you are not then you only reach 20

Unknown_PC
Sep 4, 2006, 10:06 PM
On 2006-09-04 19:46, Zeig123 wrote:

does this mean that if you are pure hunter you can reach lv 30 techs but if you are not then you only reach 20

Sorry, I was misinformed on the skill level cap in relation to expert classes, so forget what I said about that.

Sega set a limit for online skill levels right now, which is 20. Similar to the character level 50 cap. Both of these limits will be removed in the future.

Skill level caps for the 3 main classes

Hunter
Photon Arts skill : 30 (20 for online right now)
Bullets : 10
Tech : Can't use

Ranger
PA skill : 10
Bullets : 30 (20 cap online)
Tech : Can't use

Force
PA skill : 1
Bullets : 10
Tech : 30 (20 cap online)

No info regarding Expert Class and their PA skills yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-04 20:11 ]</font>

Zeig123
Sep 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
kk thanks