PDA

View Full Version : Infinite meseta? :(

Minswune
Sep 4, 2006, 11:33 AM
Reading something on psupedia put a thought into my head, that if exploited, can, in a nutshell be used for infinite money (though very very slow). Or, it doesn't work the way i think it does, and there's really no issue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So; if i understand right, when you make a new character, they start with a few items, right? is there npc's people can sell these things to for meseta? if so, someone would just need to keep making characters, and deleting them once stripping them of goods, for infinite meseta ;(

Or, am i missing something; ie- no npc to sell stuff to?

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't it depend on how much said "goods" are worth, while I guess that still is Infinite Meseta that could take a while.

Nilot
Sep 4, 2006, 11:37 AM
Thats how it is with most online games though, but yes, it would take a very long time.

McLaughlin
I don't think the amount of time required would be worth the effort.

BhabakaBBR
starter items worth 1 meseta so that sould that a realy long time to make money xD

Wubbie
Sep 4, 2006, 11:39 AM
But, the real problem is you can feed these things to your PM... Leveling him very very quickly.

DarkShadowX
Sep 4, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-09-04 09:39, Wubbie wrote:
But, the real problem is you can feed these things to your PM... Leveling him very very quickly.

True, but I can't say anything "bad" about it since I'll probably do it myself.

Ryoga4523
Sep 4, 2006, 11:40 AM
that would also assume that you can sell the goods. Sure you may receive a couple of mates but you will probably get more meseta by playing in the game killing stuff for 5 mins. Also some of your initial gear might have a resale value of 0 meseta

Wubbie
Sep 4, 2006, 11:43 AM
Darkshadow: I'll be doing it as well, if it isn't fixed =P... But, it still poises a problem... Sometimes you have to go with the crowd to make it anywhere =P.

Kaply
Sep 4, 2006, 11:52 AM
I think the PM only gets like 1 point per item you feed him that way. A monomate gives 2 or 4 pts?

Minswune
Sep 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
Ahh, good things to hear, happy to see i was wrong about this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-STE-
Sep 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
will be faster make meseta with normal play...

Tycho
Sep 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
Starting stuff is good to raise PMs, but only sells for a few Meseta. D:
Rollback in a month anyway, so I'm not worrying about any duping glitches.

Eternal255
Sep 4, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-09-04 10:34, -STE- wrote:
will be faster make meseta with normal play...

what he said, the same goes for other MMO's such as wow. You start with items that you can sell, however ull get a total of about.. 10 copper? where u can go kill 1 enemy and get 10 copper

Sexy_Raine
Sep 5, 2006, 01:51 PM
Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I'm so glad Sega isn't catering to noobs. I haven't played the game yet, but I don't think Meseta will be that hard to come by.

Valkayree
Sep 5, 2006, 02:13 PM
Wow, any kind of illegal edge to get ahead. OP I'm sorry, but imo, not only are you pathetic for thinking of ways to cheat, you are more pathetic for posting your suggested method. Just my opinion, I may be the last legit gamer left. =/

Minswune
Sep 5, 2006, 02:35 PM
I may be wrong about this, but by OP I'm assuming you mean "Original Poster", and your bad mouthing me <.<

Read the thread please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. It should be fairly obvious i'm against the idea of infinite meseta w/ a dishonest way, i was just bringing up the idea that if the game was made in such a way, people could dishonestly produce mass amounts of meseta, thus ruining meseta's value in the game (Not a good thing).

Also, just for quick reference, read these two post by me;

On 2006-09-04 09:33, Minswune wrote:
Reading something on psupedia put a thought into my head, that if exploited, can, in a nutshell be used for infinite money (though very very slow). Or, it doesn't work the way i think it does, and there's really no issue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So; if i understand right, when you make a new character, they start with a few items, right? is there npc's people can sell these things to for meseta? if so, someone would just need to keep making characters, and deleting them once stripping them of goods, for infinite meseta ;(

Or, am i missing something; ie- no npc to sell stuff to?

And after hearing this wasn't possible, i wrote this;

On 2006-09-04 09:54, Minswune wrote:
Ahh, good things to hear, happy to see i was wrong about this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-09-05 12:35 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Sep 5, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ah dear, let the handbags fly! The idea of creating characters and deleting them just to swipe the money is useable in a hella alota online games, but i would have thought it was pretty obvious the miniscule amount you would recieve would be worthless for the time consumed, as people have already said. Anyhow, i'll leave you guys to scratch eachothers eyes out XD

Valkayree
Sep 5, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-09-05 12:35, Minswune wrote:
I may be wrong about this, but by OP I'm assuming you mean "Original Poster", and your bad mouthing me.

Ok, I see your point. Guess I'm more dissapointed to hear that there are those out there who even have the mindset to discover possible exploits rather than play the game the way it was supposed to be played, even if they would never use those exploits. And yes, it really isn't even a cheat, since almost every game has it, but it gets the ball rolling on other stuff. It's more of a principle thing. Ok, so I take back the part I said about you cheating or wanting to cheat, however, I do not take back the comment I made concerning posting information relating to possible exploits even if you do not plan to use them. I mean seriously, if you don't plan to cheat, why post something that basically says "Hey Cheaters look over here! Possible exploit? Maybe?" Thats like sealing your fate, ensuring your doom, providing means for your downfall, etc, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-05 14:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-05 14:06 ]</font>

Minswune
Sep 5, 2006, 04:30 PM
My thought was maybe someone would know how to contact ST about this, and possibly get it fixed while they're fixing all the bugs.

(wishful thinking, but it was worth a shot ;o)

Valkayree
Sep 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-09-05 14:30, Minswune wrote:
My thought was maybe someone would know how to contact ST about this, and possibly get it fixed while they're fixing all the bugs.

(wishful thinking, but it was worth a shot ;o)

Eh true, most likely the stuff you start out with will be worth less than a meseta anyway.

Minswune
Sep 5, 2006, 04:35 PM
According to the people here, it's worth about 1 meseta each, yay for this trick not being efficient http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ORM-D
Sep 5, 2006, 04:38 PM
Its pretty much the same thing as PSO. You make a char get a few items and then feed the mates/fluids to your mag and sell the items. But did any one do it? Of course not it took way to long. And if you did do it that way i feel sorry for you. Every one knew about it but no one did it.

Jools
Sep 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I very much doubt the effectiveness of this technique.

Hey Ste! You don't really know me, but its good to see a familiar face from Ep 3. What version of PSU you getting?

-Jools

Authenticate
Sep 5, 2006, 08:38 PM
OH GOD! MONSTERS DROP MONEY! INFINITE MESETA HACK!

Seriously, how would this be any different from killing monsters and getting meseta that way? You are a silly, silly person who needs to stop taking silly pills so you can see how silly you are being, silly.

Wubbie
Sep 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
Authenticate, it would be very different... If you have played the JP version, you'd understand...

Currently in Extra mode, the starting items can be sold for a pretty penny... Luckily this is not true in Online Play.

If the Extra Mode 'glitch' was able to be preformed online, it would ruin the whole games economy, just as duping did to PSO.

Parn
Sep 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
What glitch?

Minswune
Sep 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
Exactly my thoughts Wub, just i'm very happy to see ST made the starter items near worthless in online play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 5, 2006, 10:30 PM
And that would be cheating how? People made new characters in PSO just to get a specific color mag, and nobody complained about that.

but yeah, this is hardly a "glitch" or a "cheat," and , as others have said, it is probably more efficeint to get Meseta from killing things.

Number6
Sep 5, 2006, 10:34 PM
I know a great way to get infinite meseta. It also gives you Level Ups! It's called killing monsters! WOWOWOWO!!! Wheee!

Dre_o
Sep 5, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-09-05 20:34, Number6 wrote:
I know a great way to get infinite meseta. It also gives you Level Ups! It's called killing monsters! WOWOWOWO!!! Wheee!

OMG HAXORZ!!! BRILLIANT!!!

Marks
Sep 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
I think there is a lot of confusion going on here. The OP was probably referring to starter items being worth a lot of meseta in the off-line game, and was worried that if they were worth as much online then everyone would make characters and sell the starter items and remake. Some people were probably unaware that the starter items were worth anything in the offline mode, and were confused since most MMORPG reduce the starting item values to next to nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-09-05 21:43 ]</font>

Minswune
Sep 6, 2006, 12:08 AM
^

Exactly, except i was worried they'd be worth a lot in the online game (like they are in offline mode), which would cause people to make a char, rape its money, kill it, rinse, repeat

Buriningwolf
Sep 6, 2006, 12:20 AM
I think I'll pass I rather play the game fair and square like I did in PSO.

Minswune
Sep 6, 2006, 12:39 AM
Is nobody reading the topic? .-.

ok, for those of you who arent fully reading the thread, read this;

I was worried everyone would make characters and sell the starter items and remake. Unaware that these items were worthless, i am against this kind of thing occuring (I WANT A LEGIT GAME), i posted this idea hoping if it was an issue, someone would be able to report it to ST (Wishful thinking), so they could deal with it while fixing the numerous bugs they are for now.

However, it has been brought to attention that this is not possible which i am happy about.

If you havent bothered to read the topic fully, read this~
In short; Brought up the idea hoping it wasnt possible, and if it was, someone would know who to report it to to see about it being fixed (wishful thinking), turns out it's not possible, yay for ST covering it before it became an issue.

Marks
Sep 6, 2006, 01:30 AM
Haha, nobody is reading the topic and giving Minswune a hard time.

Arias
Sep 6, 2006, 09:06 AM
You could have done the same with PSO....
And I hate this kind of thing, just play the game it should be played

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 09:53 AM
Sorry there Minswune, I think many such as myself did not see the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif next to the topic title.