PDA

View Full Version : Action Pallet

pso123hrf
Sep 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
I'm kinda new to the fourms, so go eazy on me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

To get on with the topic, could someone give me a little more details with the action pallet? I've read some of the fourms to understand it.

Like, do certain weapons have more actions than others? (Besides the cane and the rod thing)

Is there a normal and heavy attack like in PSO? (I know special attacks are replaced with weapon skills).

If someone could answer these questions for me, that would be great. Thank you. ^.^

Saner
Sep 4, 2006, 03:04 PM
heavy attacks and special attacks are pretty much now one and the SAME, in the form of Photon Arts. they are strong and may have added effects to them.

and ya some weapons strike more times than others,

and guns are not combo based, they can be fired naturally.

and now Force weapons are used to naturally channel power through them to cast techs. some Force weapons can equip as many as 4 techniques at once.

you can carry and switch between about 6 different weapons.
not counting the customizable dual-wielding types like dagger+handgun.

Yumiko
Sep 4, 2006, 03:05 PM
Each weapon type varies quite a bit. Some may have more hits than others and faster but will do less dmg while others are slow but do big dmg. Also the PAs for each are different such as knockdowns(ex. sabers), charge up attacks (fist weapons), or AE attacks (daggers).

Heavy attack was taken out/replaced by the PAs.

And so far out of the weapon types I've tried fist weapons are by far my favorite. Strong, semi-fast and I love the PA for them =p

A2K
Sep 4, 2006, 03:06 PM
You can carry a lot more, actually. You can only have easy access up to six two-handed weapons or dual-wield combinations, though.

pso123hrf
Sep 4, 2006, 04:07 PM
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Weapons that have 2 slots of skills are for the square and triangle button, but for thoes that have 4 skill slots, what PS2 button would be used?

Yumiko
Sep 4, 2006, 04:08 PM
R1+square or triangle.

pso123hrf
Sep 4, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thank you all for the help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now to just wait for PSU to come out for America!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Pob
Sep 4, 2006, 05:16 PM
How does this work out for forces?

It looks like there are 36 different techniques, so does a FO have to carry 9 rods with 4 techs each to have access to them all? Swapping them around all the time would be impractical!

Yumiko
Sep 4, 2006, 05:22 PM
My extra mode character is a pure force user. As of right now I carry staves each made for certain situations like one for buffing my party and debuffing enemies. The others for healing and attacks. Not all 36 techs are useful anyway, some you probably won't ever use.

Also it's best to carry at least 1 melee wep and a bow or gun with a couple PAs/bullet types (I prefer fire and ice). As techs level up they begin to consume large amounts of PP draining staves/canes quickly meaning fluid supplies wont last long either.

I really hope there will be something similar to the Psycho Wand in this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yumiko on 2006-09-04 15:30 ]</font>