PDA

View Full Version : Why does Japan get two free months for PSU?

mattdude
Sep 4, 2006, 05:16 PM
Why does Japan get two free months for PSU? was there a problem on the servers or osmething, is that why?

Hobokiller
Sep 4, 2006, 05:18 PM
Yes, plenty of problems on their servers.

Yumiko
Sep 4, 2006, 05:18 PM
They are having alot of problems with the servers right now, been down for a few days.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 4, 2006, 05:21 PM
also its not 2 free months for everyone. only those registered before today are able to participate in the two free months. others must wait for the official reopening.

I still don't get why they didn't do an open beta...

Kayai
Sep 4, 2006, 05:21 PM
personally, id rather have 1 full month of no errors, then 2 months, where one is all borked up

mattdude
Sep 4, 2006, 05:24 PM
oh.....if I get the PC version...and I play story mode will I still not beable to play? Because it is connected to the internet no mater what?

Kyuu
Sep 4, 2006, 05:27 PM
No, you can still play Story Mode whether the servers are up or not, as long as you register your Game Key on SegaLINK and have an active internet connection.

mattdude
Sep 4, 2006, 05:28 PM
ok thanks, and why do I need a internet connection for the story mode??? I mean I am fine with interten but I just want to know....

ShadowNeo
Sep 4, 2006, 05:31 PM
also its not 2 free months for everyone. only those registered before today are able to participate in the two free months. others must wait for the official reopening.

Im sorry, but that sounds completely wrong. ANYONE who registers during september gets their trial reinstated, and anyone who registers can go online. They NEED people to be able to go online in order to test the servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNeo on 2006-09-04 15:32 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Sep 4, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-09-04 15:31, ShadowNeo wrote:

Im sorry, but that sounds completely wrong. ANYONE who registers during september gets their trial reinstated, and anyone who registers can go online. They NEED people to be able to go online in order to test the servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNeo on 2006-09-04 15:32 ]</font>

Right, people who register now can still play both online and offline.
They just closed the billing cycle till the server re-opens officially with the problems squashed.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 4, 2006, 06:14 PM
ok thanks, and why do I need a internet connection for the story mode???

B/c the Windows package of PSU is an "online senyou" game. It requires an internet connection to play either mode.

Diablohead
Sep 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
From the translation, it sounds like at the end of the month they are doing a character reset anyway, so the "first" free month of effort wont carry over, so it seems to me.

Zodd
Sep 4, 2006, 07:20 PM
Actually, nothing's final when it comes to character data resetting or rolling back, although the latter is most likely to happen.

Rivercrab
Sep 4, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, as soon as it comes out in the US I'll be starting over anyways...so I'm glad I won't have to pay for fees before then. I just wanna play the game and since I didn't get to do beta, I'm probably going to spend most of my time just figuring things out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rivercrab on 2006-09-04 17:42 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Sep 4, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-09-04 17:11, Diablohead wrote:
From the translation, it sounds like at the end of the month they are doing a character reset anyway, so the "first" free month of effort wont carry over, so it seems to me.

Stop saying this. It is wrong.

Any resets or rollbacks that need to be done will be done DURING the trial period. They said nothing about AFTER it. They never said it was definite either, just a possibility.

Is this some case of mass hysteria or something, because everyone has come to the same stupid conclusion.

VectormanX
Sep 4, 2006, 08:01 PM
Thats good to know. I was worried I'd lose everything n.n;