PDA

View Full Version : Remember your roots. OR Don't be a farthead.

Soinkus
Sep 4, 2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0

That's right.

That annoying song all the "cool" 12 and 13 year olds "made up" came from Lampchop's.

I GREW UP ON THIS SHEYAT, BISHES.

I used to sing this in Mrs. Messer's class in 1st.

We always watched Lambchop's before school started.

I'd get there at like 6:20 ro 6:30, and the class would watch either Lambchop's Play-Along, Barney, or some taped episodes of Batman.

But this one girl, Carlene, would cry if we didn't watch Barney or Lamb's.

So we ended up watching Lambchop's alot.

We only watched Batman on days that she was sick.

She was mentally impaired.

Me and Chris used to be friends, and I found out fromhis mom, when I was like 12 or 13, that Carlene had died in 2nd grade.

Carlene's mom was apaarently a drunk, so Carlene never fully developed. That's why she was so skinny. Her heart never fully developed, and it just wore out by 2nd grade, and she passed.

Anyways, this is a serious bulletin.

Someone from work brought up how sweet John, on of our employees, was.

John catched alot of hell from Brent, another employee. John is impaired, too. But he tries as best he can, which is still better than what Brent will do.

But that didn't matter to brent. The fact that John is impaired din't matter. The fact that John's dad has nothing to do with him, aside from trying to steal his paycheck, didn't matter. The fact that John is a kind, genuine human being didn't matter.

People need to grow up. Picking on someone for something they can't help is anything but cute.
And if I would have seen Brent do this away from work, I would have been the living shit out of him.

Thanks, CC, you got me ranting ._.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 4, 2006, 07:52 PM
No. Bad Soinkus. Stop stealing our souls.

ABDUR101
Sep 4, 2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I have a mentally retarded cousin. Guy really does his best at everything, and he's a really sweet kid. You can smile at him, and he'll just smile right back at you until you break the gaze, and if you laugh, he'll join right in.

What really puts me in a wrench is seeing or hearing about someone treating him like dirt, just because he's alittle slow. Puts me to the edge of gladly beating someone to an inch of their life, and threatening to take that final inch if they ever cross the line for no reason again.

..your link did'nt work by the way. Wow, Lambchops, how long it's been since I've watched that.

Lord_Kratos
Sep 4, 2006, 08:06 PM
i watched that show though im only like 14. i remeber that so thanx for bringing to me old memories Soinkus. i have a friend named Josh and hes mentally impaired. i just want to beat the living shit out of nayone that picks on him because hes a little slow. it pisses me off to hell when pp, do that.

Soinkus
Sep 4, 2006, 08:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_47KVJV8DU

Maybe this'll work better.

And I've seen people blow it off, too.

"They don't know they're being made fun of!"

I can attest, from John and others, that they indeed do.

Alot of them are intelligent enough to realise when they're being called stupid. And they can tell when people avoid them. They're human beings. They're not second class citizens.

People need to go watch/read that Algernon story >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soinkus on 2006-09-04 18:23 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Sep 4, 2006, 09:17 PM
There was a really neat guy that went to my highschool named Mike. The whole school knew him and most were genuinely friends with him. He had Down Syndrome. He ended up being prom king and was given a place on the basketball team as that was one of the things he absolutely loved to do, play basketball. Turns out he came back after he graduated and is now helping the special needs children at the school. Some people did poke fun and the like, but most saw, and see, him as the great friendly guy he is. I figured I would share this just to show how some people do get treated very well, as just another person, not as a person with an extra gene.

Otis_Kat
Sep 6, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-09-04 19:17, Norvekh wrote:
There was a really neat guy that went to my highschool named Mike. The whole school knew him and most were genuinely friends with him. He had Down Syndrome. He ended up being prom king and was given a place on the basketball team as that was one of the things he absolutely loved to do, play basketball. Turns out he came back after he graduated and is now helping the special needs children at the school. Some people did poke fun and the like, but most saw, and see, him as the great friendly guy he is. I figured I would share this just to show how some people do get treated very well, as just another person, not as a person with an extra gene.

Sounds almost like this guy at my school http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif