PDA

View Full Version : How many online areas? And how big?

Jinxpalm
Sep 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
Let me start out by saying PSO was my favorite all time game. I have been following this game as close as possible and I am starting to get a little worried. People are saying there are 6-10 online areas. How big are these areas? Are they broken into different sections like in PSO? I'm just a little worried about lack of content with this news and that lvl cap is 50. I played PSO for thousands of hours and I am hoping for that to happen again with PSU!

Ether
Sep 4, 2006, 09:36 PM
There are currently 10 "missions" but only 6 unique looking areas, and 3 major bosses

Jinxpalm
Sep 4, 2006, 09:36 PM
Are these areas comparable in length to any of the old PSO locales? And are they broken into sections (like Forest 1, Forest 2)?

Kindaichi
Sep 4, 2006, 09:38 PM
Man thats not big any idea how large the areas are in comparison to pso?

Tystys
Sep 4, 2006, 10:18 PM
On 2006-09-04 19:36, Ether wrote:
There are currently 10 "missions" but only 6 unique looking areas, and 3 major bosses

Aren't there like 12 major bosses in the singleplayer, -_-

Suiko
Sep 5, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-09-04 20:18, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-09-04 19:36, Ether wrote:

Aren't there like 12 major bosses in the singleplayer, -_-

They will be gradually adding/opening new content to the game as time goes on, which includes new areas and bosses. (hence the current level 50 cap)

Saner
Sep 5, 2006, 01:16 AM
in my opinion they should unseal all of the online areas and missions all at once. ya that would make the hardcore ppl rush to get everything sooner but it is more satisfying drinking a glass of juice in one gulp than in tiny sips. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

but anyways if there is decision hopefully each update won't be too far apart.

A2K
Sep 5, 2006, 01:25 AM
No it's not! You chug something and you barely taste its flavor--it just goes down the gullet! It's more satisfying to savor food.

Er, whether or not that applies to the game, though, is entirely up in the air, I guess.

Saner
Sep 5, 2006, 01:32 AM
well ya, It's just that the gap between updates should not be too long or that will test ppl's patience maybe.

I mean its weird Moatoob and its first missions are not available at the start. ya it will get better but ppl progress at different speeds, and those already wanting more missions/locations will be hard pressed to repeat the past locations again and again perhaps a little too soon. well ya for better rankings and stuff but overall I wonder if their decisions regarding when to release each 'update' and unseal more of what the actual disc contains, will come to light.

It should be probably every week there will be more missions, areas, etc. available. I mean by next week maybe they should have Moatoob available.

but maybe due to the recent problems they have to delay any updates until October 1st. right now its kind of like an emergency beta that's going on.

Nilot
Sep 5, 2006, 03:33 AM
Yeh, but how -big- are the areas ona general scale, I read that most "missions" is like a basic forest run (provided there weren't n'e dupers in the party)

Natrokos
Sep 5, 2006, 03:34 AM
Releasing all of the content would not be a smart move from a marketting perspective...I mean, half the fun of this site is trying to unravel the mysteries and scream our heads off with anticipation....If we knew 100% of what was coming, it wouldn't be as much fun.....Now apply that for gameplay. Would you rather fly through EVERYTHING then be hard-pressed to find anything to do....Or wait around a bit and anticipate new content becoming available? I have no idea if I got my point across....It's like 4am and I feel drained and stupid anyway good night.

ShadowNeo
Sep 5, 2006, 03:39 AM
Personally I like the idea of releasing it bit by bit.

It also lets ST monitor things, see how people are progressing etc, any bugs with existing areas/items etc etc.

AngelLight
Sep 5, 2006, 11:37 AM
I smell a copycat move.....bet ya they're going to do the same thing that FFXI did.......Release the original game, then before US/EN release they'll let out the first expansion and make the US/EN game be the original plus the new expansion.

Ryoga4523
Sep 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
Like Nilot was saying, how BIG are these said areas. Can anyone that has played online give us any examples?

Arias
Sep 5, 2006, 12:49 PM
Weren't ther going to be 15online areas? and 12bosses or something?

Celethalion
Sep 5, 2006, 06:19 PM
I'd say it would do some gamers good to learn a bit of patience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif And really think about it. What Phantasy Star ever let ye get to every planet right away?

Onwards and upwards to a more faithful PS I say. Give me Algol! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 5, 2006, 06:23 PM
I just hope once they release the 15 areas and 12 bosses that, they keep on going lol. Hell ill pay for more if i have to. That was the only bad thing imo for pso, content...they didnt have enough. They made fighting very fun but once i have been to the same area for the 30th time in a row it go alittle boring.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kindaichi on 2006-09-05 16:24 ]</font>