PDA

View Full Version : Techniques must be bound to weapons?

Losodo1976
Sep 5, 2006, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know if a technique can be used without being bound to a weapon?

Any importers know anything about this? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

Kers
Sep 5, 2006, 12:25 AM
Here's the Technique Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2355), it's informative.

Be shure to check out the FAQ and other guides too!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 5, 2006, 12:30 AM
Indeed, please check the guides before posting topics like this. The PSUPedia is another good source.

Losodo1976
Sep 5, 2006, 12:31 AM
@Kers: Thanks!
@Ffuzzy-Logik: Grumpy or what dude? LoL!

Losodo1976
Sep 5, 2006, 12:45 AM
Bah... So it looks like techs gotta be attached to weapons... Oh well, no more 'empty handed wizard' for me.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 5, 2006, 12:53 AM
Yes, I'm grumpy. Also, please refrain from double posting; just edit your previous post.

But for the matter at hand, I do not mind the system of binding Techs. It is necessary now that PP has replaced TP, and frankly, it seems more practical this way.

Losodo1976
Sep 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
LoL! I'll keep that mind...

Practical? I suppose... I must've been one of the only 'constantly unarmed' Forces in PSO.

Kers
Sep 5, 2006, 01:06 AM
PSO's TP is sort of replaced by PSU's PP. The PP is stored in weapons, no longer the character. There are a lot of interesting things about this different approach to magic that you may be able to find through the PSU guides.

P.S. PSO had sorts of "glove" weapons that attacked as unarmed melee. Who knows, maybe there will be some sort of that creativity for technique weapons in PSU!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-09-04 23:07 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Sep 5, 2006, 01:15 AM
Good point, Kers. Maybe there will be... If there is, I'm gettin' me some, lol!

I admit I find the TP/PP change a little disorienting, but no matter... I can't wait for this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kaply
Sep 5, 2006, 04:13 AM
This is sort of funny because there's an "action palette" (?) for empty hands. I don't see the point of it except to make it more annoying when swapping weapons.

oShojino
Sep 5, 2006, 04:16 AM
You can't attack if you're unarmed in PSU, plain and simple. Unfortunate though.

Kaply
Sep 5, 2006, 05:27 AM
Well, that's my point there's an option to walk around unarmed in a combat area.

Phaze37
Sep 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
You can't attack when unarmed? That's a shame. And despite this they still keep unarmed as an option on the action palette? That's just stupid. Can we swap out Unarmed on the action palette for a weapon instead, or are we always stuck having to scroll past the Unarmed option on the action palette? If we really want to go into battle unequipped we can do it manually from the menu, we don't need it on the action palette if it's useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-05 11:59 ]</font>