PDA

View Full Version : Roger, Roger!

Soinkus
Sep 5, 2006, 02:47 AM
Roger first met Auntie on the way to the Laundromat one Saturday morning. The large overfilled cloth bag he was dragging along got stuck between banister railings, and Auntie who was coming from the other side of the corridor pulling an equally large bag administered a deft kick to release the bag.

"Thanks Auntie," said Roger.

"Welcome," said Auntie.

"I am Roger."

"I am Auntie," said Auntie and both laughed.

'I don't think we have met before?" said Auntie.

"No Auntie. We have been here only for five days."

"I have been longer but not by much; just five months."

"Minnesota winters I was told are terrible. How did you find it Auntie?"

"Well, I come from Indiana which is not warm by any means. It is cold here. Where are you from?"

"L.A."

"Like this place?"

"No Auntie. I hate it. Though it is early summer it is colder than the coldest day in L.A. I have no friends here, and this Mankato has no amusements to offer a young person."

"You can come to my room and listen to music, lots of it."

"Movies, Auntie?"

"Not much of that, but board games in my room, and pool game in the basement should do nicely."

"Thank you Auntie. I was almost turning crazy mooning about by myself."

The Laundromat room was empty on that working day, and between them they both used all the six washers and dryers in the Laundromat, and while waiting for the machines to do the job they talked. Roger came as Rajkumar from India when he was two, and by the time he was in pre-school he had become Roger. His dad was a doctor and his mother a nurse. Auntie was twelve when she came with her parents from India. She had never been back to the country of her birth. She was in the health business too, a physiotherapist.

DLShAdOw
Sep 5, 2006, 03:47 PM
uh lol?...wtf?...huh?