PDA

View Full Version : When you are in a guild...and another question about "My roo

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
When you are in a guild are you able to like go in some guild hall thing? like in PSOBB I was in a guild for a short time called JEM.. and we like had our own lobby and all it was quite cool...do they have that in PSU? or no?

Another question.... in "my room" hope can people come in to your room....can you invite them or like how does it work?

AngelLight
Sep 5, 2006, 11:26 AM
There is no formal support for guilds like there was in BB. Also, yes you can bring people into your room (as well as do shopkeeping with your PM).

Guilds will run in much the same manner as most MMOs (except Guild Wars)...no formal facilities.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 11:27 AM
okay cool...in guild wars and starwars galaxies there was guild halls, it was cool....that would be cool if PSU had that

Ryna
Sep 5, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-09-05 09:24, mattdude wrote:
When you are in a guild are you able to like go in some guild hall thing? like in PSOBB I was in a guild for a short time called JEM.. and we like had our own lobby and all it was quite cool...do they have that in PSU? or no?

To set the record straight, JEM didn't have its own "private" lobby. That group used a designated public lobby for its meetings. As for PSU, there are no formal concepts of guilds or clans.

Another question.... in "my room" hope can people come in to your room....can you invite them or like how does it work?

Another person can visit your room if they have your Partner card.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 11:30 AM
ok thanks....and another question....does it cost money like to buy a "my room" or is it free, and is it kinda like a player city? like there is lots of houses all aroud the area and you can visit those people rooms, or is there like on in ever city like "my room"

AngelLight
Sep 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
Of course dont let that stop you from joining a guild if you're looking for the right things.....just because you may not have your own guild hall in game doesn't mean that there aren't other advantages.

But alas, no personal island fortresses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 11:34 AM
I will keep playing PSU....it was my fav ORPG, just wanted to know if they had those in the game, it would be cool, but they really don't need it.

Ryna
Sep 5, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-09-05 09:30, mattdude wrote:
ok thanks....and another question....does it cost money like to buy a "my room" or is it free, and is it kinda like a player city? like there is lots of houses all aroud the area and you can visit those people rooms, or is there like on in ever city like "my room"

Every character receives their own room on the Guardian Colony. If you want to decorate it, you'll have to spend your own money,

The character rooms only exist on the Guardian Colony. To access it, you go to the first floor of the Colony and step into the living quarters area. You are automatically taken to your room. If you want to visit another person, there is a console in your room that you can use to teleport.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 11:41 AM
ok, thats cool...thanks

Ryoga4523
Sep 5, 2006, 11:58 AM
So my PM can sell stuff for me even if I am not online? I would imagine that I am going to have to designate which items to sell and how much, or can I throw all the items i want to sell in one part of the PM's holding space, and the PM uses the current prices to set my items prices?

Ryna
Sep 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-09-05 09:58, Ryoga4523 wrote:
So my PM can sell stuff for me even if I am not online? I would imagine that I am going to have to designate which items to sell and how much, or can I throw all the items i want to sell in one part of the PM's holding space, and the PM uses the current prices to set my items prices?

You can setup a store in your room. When you do that, your PM will act as the cashier. The way it generally works is that you set your merchandise aside and specify prices. People can then stop by your room to purchase goods.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
that is sweet, and didnt you say only people that give you a partner card or soemthing like that? that is the only way people can buy stuff from you if you give them a card?

Ryna
Sep 5, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-09-05 10:12, mattdude wrote:
that is sweet, and didnt you say only people that give you a partner card or soemthing like that? that is the only way people can buy stuff from you if you give them a card?

That is the way it worked in Closed Beta. I haven't tried the player shop option in the full version yet.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
do you have to buy parter cards??? and how much do they cost if you have to buy them?

zandra117
Sep 5, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-09-05 10:15, mattdude wrote:
do you have to buy parter cards??? and how much do they cost if you have to buy them?

No... partner cards are your friends list, when someone says they are giving you their partner card that means they are sending you a friend request.

mattdude
Sep 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
ah lol, thats cool, so if I have like hundreds of friends, then they can visit "my room" sweet thanks now I understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SClass
Sep 5, 2006, 12:33 PM
not all at the same time. only 6 at a time.

Valkayree
Sep 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
On 2006-09-05 10:21, mattdude wrote:
ah lol, thats cool, so if I have like hundreds of friends, then they can visit "my room" sweet thanks now I understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haha, with that many friends, many will be dissapointed because you will probably be sold out a lot. =p

Saner
Sep 5, 2006, 05:10 PM
a room can only fix 6 but if you have more guild members, usually its best to choose a location in a city as a meeting spot.

usually the least populated locations might be like the 5th floor of Guardian's Colony, or that blue building in Parum where I think class can be changed at the desk.

and the other alternative is to play in a lower populaed universe/server if you wanna have space where members can chat without others around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 5, 2006, 06:30 PM
wait syr im confused so is there a guild setup in the game? No halls or anything but like can you go into lets say guild chat and just talk to you guild mates?

Kyuu
Sep 5, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-09-05 16:30, Kindaichi wrote:

wait syr im confused so is there a guild setup in the game? No halls or anything but like can you go into lets say guild chat and just talk to you guild mates?
No, there is no in-game guild functionality.

UniKoRn
Sep 5, 2006, 07:20 PM
ahh so 'partner cards' are the same as the 'guild cards' in PSO?

Do they have any extra options?

Is there finally a "search all" feature instead of having to search for each friend individually?

Diablohead
Sep 5, 2006, 07:29 PM
To add to the questions, I read on here somewhere that if you sell an item you found its preset to a value, is that right or can it be adjusted somewhat at all?

Kindaichi
Sep 5, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-09-05 17:29, Diablohead wrote:
To add to the questions, I read on here somewhere that if you sell an item you found its preset to a value, is that right or can it be adjusted somewhat at all?

I think your correct, i dont think anyone can alter the value. Which if the case is very good cause all these items we "need" would sky rocket and would screw the economy.

Phaze37
Sep 6, 2006, 02:49 AM

Ryna already told us that you can set the selling price of your items. It would be ridiculous if you couldn't.

Phaze37
Sep 6, 2006, 02:58 AM
I think your correct, i dont think anyone can alter the value. Which if the case is very good cause all these items we "need" would sky rocket and would screw the economy.

Wrong. The prices for needed items skyrocket when real money traders take over the good hunting grounds in MMORPGs. PSU won't have this problem because it's not an MMO. Even if RMTs take an interest in PSU, they won't have as much of an impact as they do in MMORPGs because they'll be conducting their business in their own private game. They can't interfere with people hunting their items like they can in an MMORPG so they shouldn't affect the prices too much. Simply allowing a player to set the prices for his own items doesn't cause the prices to skyrocket.

Ryna
Sep 6, 2006, 10:10 AM
On 2006-09-05 17:29, Diablohead wrote:

You can set the price to be whatever you want. I remember setting the price for a common item synthesis ingredient to be 99,999,999 meseta.