PDA

View Full Version : Elemental resistances and Item variations?

Kaply
Sep 5, 2006, 02:25 PM
Dawns on me, that I don't recall seeing any place in the game where they specify elemental resistances on armor. Well, more like it hit me like a ton of bricks in chapter 10 or 11 when I got hit by a fire type attack for 400+ dmg and in another area, got frozen and proceeded to get dropped by like 5 other guys who also kept casting barta type spells on me.

Is it that elemental symbol that you find on an armor with a %? Are there units to boost the resistances?

Also I noticed that there are some weapons in shops that have some kind of element attached to them with a % on it. What's this percentage signify? Do these items show up randomly? What resets this if it is random?

mechatra
Sep 5, 2006, 02:35 PM
Weapons and armours have elemental affinities. The %'s you're talking about effect the damage taken depending on the resistance or the affinity of the target.

For example you have a 15% fire photo saber.
Against a enemy weak against fire that saber will do 15% more damage. Vice-versa against an enemy strong against fire.

With Shield Line systems the same hold I believe. The % dictates a % damage reduction from certain elements.

Lyrise
Sep 5, 2006, 02:41 PM
Keep in mind the reverse also holds true for shield lines. If you get hit by an element of opposing force, you're going to take even more damage than normal. A fact made very apparent to me in storymode when I made a 50% fire armor, only to get smoked by barta.