PDA

View Full Version : Want to import pc version have questions

Fazeshot
Sep 5, 2006, 08:00 PM
Ok, I have a question dunno if its been answered elsewhere if so i'm incredibly sorry but I want to import pso:u but im worried about for one.. compatibility with an american pc.. and 2... I remember when i imported pso v.2 for dreamcast u could switch the dialogue in-game from japanese to english is that an option in pso:u as well?

Cross
Sep 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
It works just fine on a PC as long as you install Japanese text support, so you don't have to worry about that, but there's no option for switching the text to English; you have to learn how to play blind or else learn a little Japanese to understand what you're doing.

Fazeshot
Sep 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
dam... that sucks... I really am considering selling off my wow account to play this game.. how much is it monthly and is there a guide on how to set up billing and stuff?

Cross
Sep 5, 2006, 08:07 PM
It ends up being something like $12 for the first billed month and $10 for all subsequent months, but there's a 30-day trial which you don't need to input a billing option for, and since the servers got boned pretty bad they're giving people September free as basically a beta.

I'm sure there are some more detailed instructions on billing after that (you need to use a middleman like Netcash or Webmoney), but if the US release estimate of October 24 holds, your free trial won't be over by the time it gets released here anyway.

Fazeshot
Sep 5, 2006, 08:07 PM
so if i start playing on.. the pso:u import? i can carry my account over to the us version?

Jools
Sep 5, 2006, 08:16 PM
That would be highly unlikely.

FFR
Sep 5, 2006, 08:43 PM
That is not possible.

Vinchenzo420
Sep 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
PC IMPORTERS! Being that the US release isnt so distant, would you say that importing now and having the game in Japanese is better than waiting it out for the United States version, aka english. Any chance of like a patch-able version for a translated Japanese version to English...?

-Crokar-
Sep 5, 2006, 08:57 PM
id say just wait for the american release

Spellbinder
Sep 5, 2006, 08:58 PM
Is importing now better? I guess that depends on the person. Personally, I was having withdrawl from just screenshots so I reeeaaaallly wanted to play. And I've been trying to learn the language prior to buying this game, so it's fun seeing JP text ingame and slowly learning what all of it means as time goes on. So for me? It was definitely worth it.

Even if you're not learning Japanese, getting the basics isn't too hard. After a while working through menus becomes second nature anyway, so either version is up to you, but that's my opinion.

Ryoga4523
Sep 5, 2006, 09:04 PM
I was thinking of getting it but since it is so late in the game I can wait... Besides, I have to study hard for the LSAT that takes place on the 30th of this month. It would only really leave me with 24-25 days to play the JP version. It would be pretty expensive to buy the JP version and turn around and pay for teh US version. -_-! ... I am stuck between a rock and a hard place

Jools
Sep 5, 2006, 09:07 PM
Its just been revealed that its now coming Winter time in the west. Keep your eyes peeled on the front page's news.

-Jools

Vinchenzo420
Sep 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cuz Back in the day, I imported PSO 3... and that was just a big dissipointment and dont really wanna go down another road like that...

Kindaichi
Sep 5, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-09-05 19:07, Jools wrote:
Its just been revealed that its now coming Winter time in the west. Keep your eyes peeled on the front page's news.

-Jools

Are you kidding! Where is a link or something to prove this?

Tankster
Sep 5, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-09-05 19:12, Kindaichi wrote:

On 2006-09-05 19:07, Jools wrote:

-Jools

Are you kidding! Where is a link or something to prove this?

there isnt- hes probably just playin'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tankster on 2006-09-05 19:27 ]</font>

Jools
Sep 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
Actually, there was a mix up on Sega's PR site (just ask Jonathon F), yeah that Winter release date is wrong. Oops.

Kindaichi
Sep 5, 2006, 10:36 PM
Oh ty god.