PDA

View Full Version : Buy ps2 version and use friends PC disc? Possible?

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 02:02 AM
I was just wonndering if i bought the ps2 version and my friend gets the PC version would i be able to install his disc on my pc and log in with my ps2 account info/char? Since there cross platform i figured you may be able to do it? FFXI worked this way. Does anyone know if psu does also? Thanks

Saner
Sep 6, 2006, 02:03 AM
I think you need an extra PSU disc because each account is tied to your disc's code or something,

therefore two accounts can't use the same disc, even if you install it on another PC.

oh wiat both versions are cross compatible but hmmmm. I just dunno. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif well at least your topic got bumped back up.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-06 00:04 ]</font>

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 02:15 AM
Well i know ffxi had a produst key but once a key is linked to ur account it let me play online on both ps2 and pc even tho it was a ps2 product key. im sure people will try it? If the 360 ver ends up being linked to them all ill get it and play it on pc using my friends disc and play offline mode on the 360 in suoper high resolutuion xD I just dont wanna buy 2 versions since the pc disc ver installs on the pc and is never seen again.

Marks
Sep 6, 2006, 02:15 AM
Yeah from what I have heard it should work just like ffxi.

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 02:32 AM
i hope so

-Shimarisu-
Sep 6, 2006, 03:16 AM
Stop posting pure speculation Saner, you can absolutely lend a PS2 owning friend your disc and have them use it with their code.

edit: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-06 01:18 ]</font>

Celethalion
Sep 6, 2006, 03:18 AM
I don't know for sure since I didn't import it so I will just mention this: some pc games require ye to have the disc in the drive to play it. Even if ye did a full install.

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 03:20 AM
does psu require the disc?

-Shimarisu-
Sep 6, 2006, 03:21 AM
You don't need the disc in the drive.

Nor do you need the disc you first regged with.

How about this, I bought a bunch of copies in Japan and my friends downloaded the game off the inrternet then were given a unique code.

It worked fine, there's no protection on the disc, and you only need one purchased copy. After that you can beg or borrow the other, it'll work with your code.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/donut.gif

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 03:34 AM
now i just need new on if the 360 servers are linked to ps2 and pc. if its not ill grab the ps2 version and use its account on my pc no use having 2 pc discs laying around lol

Kindaichi
Sep 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
I think it has alrdy been stated (but i dont know) thats the xbox and pc/ps2 will be on different servers.

Fleece
Sep 6, 2006, 10:25 AM
People have been assuming, noones come out and said "xbox isnt connected to PS2 and PC" People are making an educated guess as they believe the xbox 360 is coming later. If it IS released at the same time as PC and PS2 then its likely theyll be conncected but until we have a statement we have no confirmation.

Unless i missed out on an interview in the past few weeks were it WAS stated.

xenokai
Sep 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
we should get a new update about it being connected or not b4 release. I hope they are connected that would be a treu MMORPG and would always have a ton of people to play with.

tikigod13
Sep 6, 2006, 01:50 PM
I dont think xbox will get connected scince xbox live is completely different. But there was Final Fantasy 11 on xbox 360 and it was not xbox live i think. But it supposofley took hours to set up an account.

ORM-D
Sep 6, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-09-06 08:25, Fleece wrote:
People have been assuming, noones come out and said "xbox isnt connected to PS2 and PC" People are making an educated guess as they believe the xbox 360 is coming later. If it IS released at the same time as PC and PS2 then its likely theyll be conncected but until we have a statement we have no confirmation.

Unless i missed out on an interview in the past few weeks were it WAS stated.

So. people assumed that the release date for PSU US was going to be Oct 24th and guess what it is and we are also assuming that it will be the PS2 and PC version as well. What do you think forums are for? There for discussing your opinnions and "educated guesses" so just calm down and let the people "guess" they sure seemed to be right about the release date.

Anyways, i dont think the xbox will be connected. Like tikigod13 said xbox live is totaly different. And just think back to PSOX that wasnt connedted to any other platforms or pc. I think its good to say they wont be connected and again i could be wrong. Im just making an "educated guess"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ORM-D on 2006-09-06 12:18 ]</font>

Emrald
Sep 6, 2006, 06:02 PM
WRONG octover 24th has been conferemd

ORM-D
Sep 6, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-09-06 16:02, coolcat33333 wrote:
WRONG octover 24th has been conferemd

what are you talking about? Thats what i said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ORM-D on 2006-09-06 16:10 ]</font>