PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] What is your favorite gun + comment plz

Nika
Sep 6, 2006, 07:53 AM
First, I think that shotgun now is much worse than in PSO. It can hit only 3 enemy,low atp/ata ,and also not mutilock(most important,it fire laser in front 3 line direction,but not direct to where the enemies are like in PSO). So, I guess I won't use this gun.
For me, the saber + machingun is the best in my view.
First,use the machingun hit and move closer to the enemy, then use some saber ,while recharge PP of the machingun(which is very fast)then,if enemy is still alive,change back to machingun and do it again.
However, if 2 hand weapon I will choose Cannon, because it can hit many enemy in small rang line(this is why I like more than longbow) and higher atp than rifle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-09-06 08:40 ]</font>

phunk
Sep 6, 2006, 08:08 AM
Machinegun here, I'd really like to try the Saber + Gun combo but I'm going to wait until I actually get some time in to play the game before deciding.

tank1
Sep 6, 2006, 08:09 AM
Anything with cannon in its name has gotta hurt.

Alisha
Sep 6, 2006, 08:16 AM
i find it amusing how many people like the weapon that was the most broken in pso.

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 08:27 AM
Machinegun here, always loved those kinds of guns even though I'm not much of a gun user.

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 10:04 AM
They all have their purposes. It's not on here, but I'd rather use dual handguns if given the opportunity. I like handguns for the high ATA like a rifle and decent ATP, yet a faster shooting rate than the rifle. I'm wondering how the PP thing will play into the effectiveness of dual handguns. They may be more effective than the rifle for spot on accuracy, which i want badly, however they may run out of PP a lot faster. Mechguns are only good when they have a decent ATA associated. I hate seeing "Miss." I would rather hit for 0 than see "Miss". However, guld-millas were great in PSO, so we'll see. So shotguns are less effective eh. That's too bad. I liked shotguns, but hey, not all the good shotguns in PSO hit multiple enemies. Remember the yasminkov 7000?

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 11:15 AM
I want them to bring back the Yasminkov Series, those were my abosolute favorite guns, with GuldMilla a close runner-up.

Ryna
Sep 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
The Machine Gun is useful, but you only have enough PP for a couple of waves of enemies. For general Hunter use, I prefer the Handgun or Twin Handguns.

Minswune
Sep 6, 2006, 11:41 AM
I cant really decide till i'm able to see how effective Long bows / crossbows are :/

Ryoga4523
Sep 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
The longbow looked pretty uneffective in the demo I saw with one being used. The person was aiming right at some boxes and missed several times. It is a good idea, but maybe I will have to wait to see some of the 10* bows

Kaply
Sep 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
Shotgun can pop up four numbers, I think the center shot had two in it. You can also use it at point blank range to hit one target 4 times. If I was playing a ranger I think I would still at least have one of these guns. It's one of two guns that a ranger can use that hits multiple targets. It's faster to use in the sense that lining up enemies take longer than just having them spread out and firing at them. I believe it's also faster than a laser gun, but I didn't thoroughly test this.

Machine gun you have to hold the button in order to use it. Has a _slight_ delay at the start, as in you can't just tap the button and expect it to shoot something once. Like Ryna said you end up using the PP really fast for this gun, especially if you use one of the costlier PAs. The regen on it is decently fast but it's not so fast that you can use it immediately after you drain it. I also felt that it's accuracy was pretty low compared to every other single gun I had at the time, never really examined this but I do recall seeing a lot more 0's while shooting, although this could just mean that the enemies tend to block more of them during the block animations? It's also got a noticeably shorter range compared to the other two single guns. But it has the benefit that you can move while firing it.

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 12:25 PM
On 2006-09-06 10:18, Kaply wrote:
I also felt that it's accuracy was pretty low compared to every other single gun I had at the time, never really examined this but I do recall seeing a lot more 0's while shooting, although this could just mean that the enemies tend to block more of them during the block animations? It's also got a noticeably shorter range compared to the other two single guns. But it has the benefit that you can move while firing it.

Like I said, I'd rather see 0 than "miss" any day. Then all I know is that I need more ATP to do damage. I hate gimping my ATA. So were you a pure ranger or a hunter when you saw those 0's? If you tell me you were a force I would definitely understand why you saw 0's, but really 0's would indicate to me that you are hitting, but you aren't doing damage because the DEF of the monster is too high (i.e. Pan Arms when they are linked together) or your ATP was too low.

Kaply
Sep 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-09-06 10:25, Valkayree wrote:

Like I said, I'd rather see 0 than "miss" any day. Then all I know is that I need more ATP to do damage. I hate gimping my ATA. So were you a pure ranger or a hunter when you saw those 0's? If you tell me you were a force I would definitely understand why you saw 0's, but really 0's would indicate to me that you are hitting, but you aren't doing damage because the DEF of the monster is too high (i.e. Pan Arms when they are linked together) or your ATP was too low.

I'm not sure how the game system works in regards to missing. Definitely if you totally wiff as in swing at air you don't see any numbers pop up, ie. attacking out of range. But when I was attacking in range, I've never seen it where I don't see numbers pop up when my attack should have hit. I get zeros. I notice that some enemies have a blocking animation and those I end up getting zeros with both melee and range attacks.

I was going through the storymode with ethan as a hunter, but his ATA isn't that bad.

Tetsuro
Sep 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
I voted for longbow because I really like the idea, but I'll have to play the game before I can make any real decisions.

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-09-06 10:38, Kaply wrote:

I'm not sure how the game system works in regards to missing. Definitely if you totally wiff as in swing at air you don't see any numbers pop up, ie. attacking out of range. But when I was attacking in range, I've never seen it where I don't see numbers pop up when my attack should have hit. I get zeros. I notice that some enemies have a blocking animation and those I end up getting zeros with both melee and range attacks.

I was going through the storymode with ethan as a hunter, but his ATA isn't that bad.

Hmm, then it has to be a miss or a blocked attack registering as "0" then, because a hunter would be the most likely candidate to never see a "0" due to the higher ATP. However a hunter would be more likely to miss or get his attacks blocked than would a ranger. So I suppose there is no longer a "miss" that pops up? Can anyone else verify? If this is the case, how would one be able to tell the difference between a blocked or missed shot and a shot that hits but does 0 damage? I can see this causing problems with status effects. For instance King's Mechguns in PSO would steal exp with the special attack, even if 0 damage was done. However, if a miss occurred, exp would not be stolen. So in PSU, how would you distinguish if a status effect hit or missed if it registers 0 damage either way?

QuadTail
Sep 6, 2006, 03:55 PM
I haven't played any PSU betas or anything but...
I'm gonna say handgun, 'cause it's a nice all-round weapon and, they're cool! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (Especially double!)
Or the rifle, 'cause I like it's long range and high damage. I'm probably nuts, but... I think they're kinda elegant, (well, most of them) and they have a kind of "professional" feel to them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I'm such an oddball <.<
*sigh*

Nika
Sep 6, 2006, 10:31 PM
It seem that in PSU ,there are no any kind of hit but 0 damge. if it is hit, then more than 1 damage. And for miss, if you mean miss by shoot at other direction, it will appear nothing. 0 mean you hit ,but miss by EVP of enemy

Miphesto
Sep 6, 2006, 10:35 PM
can i choose spread needle?

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
Handguns seem like a nice all-around weapon, and can be used along with a saber or another handgun.

Cannons get second place because they seem real big and hurty. Extra points for being shoulder-mounted as well as huge. I hope first-person aiming can be used with them.

Shotguns in third since point-blank buckshot is cool.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 6, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-09-06 11:53, Valkayree wrote: For instance King's Mechguns in PSO would steal exp with the special attack, even if 0 damage was done. However, if a miss occurred, exp would not be stolen. So in PSU, how would you distinguish if a status effect hit or missed if it registers 0 damage either way?

This is sort of off-topic, but they fixed that in PSOBB, so that an attack that steals EXP has to do at least 1 damage to get the effect. This stopped nubs from Recoboxing all day.

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-09-06 21:45, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

This is sort of off-topic, but they fixed that in PSOBB, so that an attack that steals EXP has to do at least 1 damage to get the effect. This stopped nubs from Recoboxing all day.

Good to see they fixed that. Wish it would have been fixed in PSOX. But it looks like they are actually working on those kinds of things now, and that is a good sign.

drownedBYfire
Sep 7, 2006, 12:34 AM
That handgun, the one that looks like a futuristic revolver, has stolen my heart and ran off with the ice cube trays! Made me want to make a ranger that specializes in them.

With that Ill probably synthesize a handgun for each element and one with super high pp enough to clear any room with "brittle bullets". No need for any other gun if you wish this time, weapon swap on the switch and synthesis make any weapon the right one if you know your enemies.

Aloha!