PDA

View Full Version : PSU In Disarray

SephYuyX
Sep 6, 2006, 09:15 AM
Wow, I leave for a one week vaction and all hell has broken loose.

Well, good to know that there is a solid release date, but they arnt sure which systems it will be out for? Im guessing PC and PS2 while 360 is pushed back a bit.

And whats with this rollback? Already a full system wipe? That must of been a really bad glitch. I just hope that everything is worked out and there wont be such a severe action when NA is lanched. I bet some of those JP players are pretty pissed off, though I guess it's best to fix the probelms now than a month down the road.

I just hope this doesnt end up like RO where there was a rollback every other week. I wonder how many more of these 'glitches' there will be.

And not enough servers to hold everyone lol? 20k out of 100k is a really big number to not account for. I hope they realize this for the NA launch. Whats the status on this now? can everyone play again?

Guess I can be a bastard and say 'well atleast it's not us' when it comes to the JP running in to these problems, I just hope everything goes well when it comes time for the NA.

Anything else fun and interesting?

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
there all being released at the same time it seams so thats good for everyone i suppose

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
its right on the main page of this site you can see

SephYuyX
Sep 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
It is currently unknown if all three versions of Phantasy Star Universe - Playstation 2, PC, and XBox 360 - will be released on that date.

Leads me to believe that they don't know which will be released that day. And thats whats on the main page, so dunno what youre reading.

Ryna
Sep 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
On 2006-09-06 08:14, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Leads me to believe that they don't know which will be released that day. And thats whats on the main page, so dunno what youre reading.

That note was added by me as a reminder that there is a chance that all 3 versions may not come out on that date.

I imagine they know which games they will be selling on that October 24th. Sega of America just hasn't explicitly stated what they will be.

Tystys
Sep 6, 2006, 10:49 AM
This is great news, but I think I have to wait an extra day, -_-....I heard something in another topic about how the Eastern Coast gets it a day late because of shipping problems.

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 10:54 AM
Most release dates that are put on game site and the like, are normally the shipping date, usually in the West Coast of the US will get the game on that date, while East Coast normally gets it the next day, which would be the 25th.

Tystys
Sep 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
Yep....

Which sucks, because people will be like level 20 by than...I know this sounds retarded of me, but I've done well enough in school to be safe that I can indeed skip a day for PSU, bwahahahahah

Numnuttz
Sep 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
yea games arrive in stores a day after its released since east coast people are far from the game manufactuers. it usually takes a day for all retail stores to recieve their copies. so in reality some people will get the game on the 25th than the 24th unfortunely.

Numnuttz
Sep 6, 2006, 10:58 AM
lol lucky. i wish i could still do that but i cant anymore. to many things i have to deal with in my life. but when teh weekend strolls in im going to make a fast level gain to 20 to get teh tattos and suv for my cast and beast

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-09-06 08:56, Tystys wrote:
Yep....

Which sucks, because people will be like level 20 by than...I know this sounds retarded of me, but I've done well enough in school to be safe that I can indeed skip a day for PSU, bwahahahahah

Unless they're Mega High on Caffine or something I doubt ppl will be that high, I hope lol.

Tystys
Sep 6, 2006, 11:01 AM
Nah, I got to level 35 on PSO in a day. I hardly think that no one is going to be able to get to level 20 in a shorter amount of time.

EDIT: That made almost no sense, lol.

What I meant is that it's highly possible it'll become so addicting, people will play it for hours on end.

...and I was exagerating a little bit...it was only level 24, XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-06 09:02 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Sep 6, 2006, 11:05 AM
hahha yea your most likey right. all i plan to do is just get 2 of my characters up to 20 so i can get the tattoos and suv cause they intrigue me. than after that imma just farm for synth items so i can use them to make weapons and power level my pm. im in no rush to get to 50 atm. when they raise the level(if they ever do) than i will powerlevel to 50.

Tystys
Sep 6, 2006, 11:07 AM
The online mode level cap is only 50? Dang dude, that barely worked for RF online, lol.

Meh, I'm hoping to try and desperately find the Death Dancer swords....there's a pic of them like on page 11 of the Screenies and Movies topic.

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 11:09 AM
lol, well we'll see. I plan on starting Online for a bit myself, before I try Story. Though I'll probably end up being distracted to even try Story lol. I'll also probably power lvl my PM from the start just cause that way I won't have to worry about it later.

Tystys
Sep 6, 2006, 11:11 AM
Meeeeh.

You live in Florida too? Aw dude, I feel for ya....we're going to have to get it a day later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SephYuyX
Sep 7, 2006, 07:25 AM
Whats this about the servers down till NA release?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157065.html

DarkShadowX
Sep 7, 2006, 07:33 AM
The servers aren't down, they're still up but they've basically gone back to a Beta Testing stage. On Oct. 1st the game will be taken off set state.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 07:38 AM
On 2006-09-06 09:07, Tystys wrote:
The online mode level cap is only 50? Dang dude, that barely worked for RF online, lol.

Meh, I'm hoping to try and desperately find the Death Dancer swords....there's a pic of them like on page 11 of the Screenies and Movies topic.

the caps going to be increased "over time" from what I've been reading.