PDA

View Full Version : about payments 360

DevilsArm
Sep 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
ok so i went to http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php

and you can get a head start by registering your ID but its only for PS2 and PC users. this makes me lean forward to the idea that the PSU360 servers will be free. i hope so!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevilsArm on 2006-09-06 10:03 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Sep 6, 2006, 12:13 PM
Or maybe the X360 is not going to be released on the same day as the others...
If it is going to be free, then is MS going to pick up the slack and put PSU on their servers, or are they going to pay SEGA a certain amount of money per month based on the ppl that are logging on to SEGA's servers for free???

DevilsArm
Sep 6, 2006, 12:16 PM
well sega.com has them all set for fall so i assume they should be released the same day. 360 could also have a different form of payment. theres always hope though!!

Valkayree
Sep 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
Don't count on it. They are probably still working out all the 360 exclusive stuff like marketplace features, voice chat capabilities, and achievements. 360 has extra requirements that have to be met first while PS2 and PC versions are simpler in design. They probably have two teams, and the PS2 PC team got that set up first because they didn't have the extras to deal with. If they don't charge monthly fees then they won't support the game every month with new content and protect us all from cheaters. Unless you want the halo 2 version of PSU with all the cheating.... Bungie stopped supporting Halo 2 after the second update and the new maps, after they royally screwed up the game to appease the noob masses by nerfing the pistol and upping the BR/PP combo, damn near completely removing the banshee from the game, and downloading the new maps to the console itself instead of a simple link-up to maps on their server, making for games where you would see modders rule. I for one don't want to see PSU for the 360 get crap for support because a fee is not charged. In summary, monthly fee = better experience.

Sonic646
Sep 6, 2006, 12:21 PM
^Yeah what he said

Kindaichi
Sep 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm with you devilsarm...no monthly fee would rock and all my friends would give psu a shot if they did that *crosses fingers*

phunk
Sep 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
I'm doubting the no fee for PSU, however, there's always that possibility. If there is a fee, it'll be cheap enough for anyone to afford I imagine.

McLaughlin
Sep 6, 2006, 09:44 PM
The Xbox 360 probably just charges the credit card your Gamertag is linked to. You probably just have to agree to the TOS and you'll be registered. That's how PSOX was anyway.

Sabinblitz
Sep 6, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-09-06 19:44, Zeta wrote:
The Xbox 360 probably just charges the credit card your Gamertag is linked to. You probably just have to agree to the TOS and you'll be registered. That's how PSOX was anyway.

That what I was thinking they'd do and I didn't even play PSO on Xbox.

Just outta curiousity, what was the monthly fee?

drmcst45
Sep 6, 2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not paying for Xbox Gold AND a hunter's fee.

i'll just play on my PC and pay the one fee instead. I wont even want to play another game online until i'm done with PSU!

Kindaichi
Sep 6, 2006, 10:33 PM
I'm paying for gold no matter what, i tend to play halo 2 with friends online and stuff and if psu is free that would be just one big bonus lol.

Pacpunk
Sep 6, 2006, 10:47 PM
i hope it is of my friends wont play it. i still will but it will be kinda boring caue i wont have many people to play with...except for you guys. yay

Chaobo99
Sep 6, 2006, 11:02 PM
Do you need Xbox Live gold to play online via PSU?

Kindaichi
Sep 6, 2006, 11:05 PM
I dont think its released yet if we need gold or we can just use silver.

JAFO22000
Sep 7, 2006, 12:21 AM
I do not have my credit card info online...I bought an Xbox live gold card instead. How would you suppose they would deal with this setup, assuming they will just charge the card you have listed???

jaycougar
Sep 7, 2006, 01:03 AM
I think they could do the payment plan a diffrent way for the 360. I think Sega will charge MS points for monthly. So say 4000 points a month. I dont know how much that is but lets pretend it would be 15 bucks. So MS gets alittle and sega cashes in. I think that is the reason we dont see a way to register online for the 360

phunk
Sep 7, 2006, 07:19 AM
I doubt you'd need gold to play but I suppose it depends on just how the servers will run.