PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: About Vechicles

VanHalen
Sep 6, 2006, 04:18 PM
the transportation in this game when you get it is it yours forever like you go to your items and its there or is it a rent-a-center kind of thing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-06 14:19 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 04:21 PM
I doubt you keep it, and I doubt theres a rent-a-center for it lol. You probably find them in-game on the field or something.

Hozanto
Sep 6, 2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah like in halo story mode were u find tanks and stuff and jump in them.... for the lvl

Pure-chan
Sep 6, 2006, 04:25 PM
On 2006-09-06 14:18, VanHalen wrote:
the transportation in this game when you get it is it yours forever like you go to your items and its there or is it a rent-a-center kind of thing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-06 14:19 ]</font>

I don't care how you get vehicles, as long as a flowder or lunga don't come out of your bottom (like photon chairs). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-06 14:29 ]</font>

VanHalen
Sep 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
or sort of like halo or those WWII games that come out for some reason theres a jeep on the battlefield that wasnt blown up and your enemies didnt take it. that rent-a-center would be pretty fun espcially if your late on the payment lol

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-09-06 14:26, VanHalen wrote:
or sort of like halo or those WWII games that come out for some reason theres a jeep on the battlefield that wasnt blown up and your enemies didnt take it. that rent-a-center would be pretty fun espcially if your late on the payment lol

I'd fight the Online Repo Men, just cause I can(hopefully).

VanHalen
Sep 6, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-09-06 14:28, DarkShadowX wrote:

I'd fight the Online Repo Men, just cause I can(hopefully).

yeah it would make the game like grand theft auto in a way it would be funny to watch someone get arrested for stealing if they had a rent-a-center lol

tikigod13
Sep 6, 2006, 05:08 PM
psu police level 60 (UBER HACZ ?????????)

ulyoth
Sep 6, 2006, 05:36 PM
In story mode : Ive only played with the Lunga and Flowder so far, both seem to be simple get from point A to point B as fast as you can, i dont know about online, but as in story mode i think we will just find the lunga in the desert areas and be able to only use them there.

tank1
Sep 6, 2006, 05:38 PM
Everyone knows you can keep the Tank in your room and whip it out of your pants when you need it.
(all lies btw)

Kindaichi
Sep 6, 2006, 05:47 PM
They had that in swg, you could pull a huge hover craft out of your inventory and ride your friends around in it ><

VanHalen
Sep 6, 2006, 09:24 PM
hey you can pull bicycles out of your bookbag in pokemon why not PSU lol

Saner
Sep 6, 2006, 09:45 PM
it looks like specific missions online will have vehicles available for use.

it isn't something you have to pay for and you can't 'own' one, but they are available in missions that may require them. so don't worry, they're free. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

phunk
Sep 6, 2006, 09:57 PM
Ye,

I don't think the areas were designed for free-roaming mounts.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 6, 2006, 11:25 PM
You can Nanotrace items and weapons so that they fit in your inventory, but not any vehicles. What a shame.

I hope the vehicles don't handle like the Warthog from Halo. Worst vehicle control I've ever freaking seen.

And I hope the tank thing has a rotatable turret. Nothing like a good strafing run going BOOM BOOM BOOM...

VanHalen
Sep 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-09-06 21:25, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
You can Nanotrace items and weapons so that they fit in your inventory, but not any vehicles. What a shame.

I hope the vehicles don't handle like the Warthog from Halo. Worst vehicle control I've ever freaking seen.

And I hope the tank thing has a rotatable turret. Nothing like a good strafing run going BOOM BOOM BOOM...

yeah the warthog's controls were crappy i remember accedently falling off a cliff kiling my two gunners ( i have a trial for the computer not the full game
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 03:43 PM
that vehicles in Halo are not hard to control. you just point where you wanna go with the right stick and move forward with the left stick. simple.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 8, 2006, 02:24 AM
Simple, yet counterintuitive. It's bad enough it had to switch to a third-person perspective, but I've NEVER seen a vehicle that actually turned in the direction relative to where the TURRET was facing. Better to have it always turn relative to whichever way the vehicle itself is facing and simply adjust the turret accordingly if needed, regardless of the camera being focused on the turret.

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 02:59 AM

I hope the vehicles don't handle like the Warthog from Halo. Worst vehicle control I've ever freaking seen.To each their own. After I got used to it, the Halo style of controlling vehicles was the easiest for me.

ShadowNeo
Sep 8, 2006, 04:16 AM
I loved the Halo style aswell, Warthog drifting FTW.

Natrokos
Sep 8, 2006, 04:46 AM
I wonder if this is like Star Wars Galaxies where the vehicles slowly degrade over a period of time.....uh, that was frustrating.

Cry0
Sep 8, 2006, 04:58 AM
On 2006-09-08 00:59, Kyuu wrote:

I hope the vehicles don't handle like the Warthog from Halo. Worst vehicle control I've ever freaking seen.To each their own. After I got used to it, the Halo style of controlling vehicles was the easiest for me.

unreal tournament vehicles r the most logic to control. move with arrows and aim/view with mouse.

Stricker
Sep 8, 2006, 06:57 AM
But hey, Miyoshi said in the interview that we can customize the vehicles. So I don't think that we just find them and use them once.

Ryna
Sep 8, 2006, 09:11 AM
I've had the chance to play through all of the offline vehicle portions of the game. So, I'll offer my thoughts on each of the stages and vehicle controls.

Flowder - In the Flowder stage, you have to navigate a river system that is infested with mines. The goal is to clear the stage as quickly as possible without losing all of your vehicles HP. If you are struck by a mine, you'll lose HP (typically 21 HP per hit). You start out with 100 HP. There are power-ups spread throughout the stage that temporarily increase your speed. The controls are fairly simple. You have an acceleration button and direction controls. The only problem I had on this stage was the inconsistent detonation of the mines. Sometimes I'd be pretty far away from one and I'd take damage. Other times, I'd be right on top of it and take no damage.

Lunga - This stage takes place on Moatoob. The goal is to ride the Lunga through the desert and arrive at a set destination as fast as possible. You need to use the Lunga's fire breath to burn down trees that block your way. While you are running around, you will encounter several enemies. You can use the Lunga's fire breath on them, but it is just generally easier to get off and enage in melee combat. The Lunga has 100 HP. It will lose 1 HP after so many steps. If the HP total goes to 0, you'll need to find a new Lunga. There are power-ups to increase its HP. Like the Flowder, the controls are minimalistic. You have direction controls, a fire-breath attack, and a dismounting option.

Striker - The Striker stage is faily similar to the Lunga stage. You have to get to the end of a desert Moatoob stage as quickly as possible. While you are riding around, you will have to use the Striker's main cannon to destroy obstacles and monsters. The controls for the Striker are unique compared to the Lunga and Striker. You use the main direction controls to rotate the vehicle. There are buttons for dismounting, firing the main cannon, and accelerating. As can be expected, the Striker isn't an agile vehicle. It takes time to turn and pick up speed. Since you can only fire the cannon directly in front of you, you have to be careful to line up your shot. Even with this limitation, it is generally faster to use the canon than to get out and fight. The Striker can hold eight shells at one time and can generally kill anything with one hit. There are power-ups for regenerating its HP and shell count. The biggest problem I had with the striker was the default camera orientation. It is centered directly above the Striker looking down. As such, the Striker takes up most of the screen. Since you don't have a good view of the horizon, figuring out where you are supposed to go can be problematic. There were a couple of times where I had to get out to see what I was supposed to do.

In general, the vehicle stages only take 2-4 minutes to complete. They are entertaining, but seem like an afterthought.

Of the three stages, I dislike the Lunga one the most. It merely served as a means to destroy some tree obstacles. Its slow walking pace and relatively ineffective fire-breath attack only reinforced that notion for me.

Kaply
Sep 8, 2006, 10:01 AM
Slight correction, Lunga stage if you're going for S rank you want to get to your destination as fast as possible AND kill all the monsters there. This goes the same for the Striker. Lunga's a pain in the ass cause it doesn't do enough damage and when you get off of it, the enemies will go attack the lunga too.

DraginHikari
Sep 8, 2006, 10:28 AM

Doesn't Ethan store his hoverboard in the nanotrace in the first chapter when he meets up with his sister? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Note I'm well aware that's not usable in the game itself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-09-08 08:30 ]</font>

Saner
Sep 8, 2006, 03:48 PM
well they definitely still add more unique stuff to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flowder's are so cool and speedy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lungas are cute and shoot fire! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Strikers are really massive tanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

sounds like fun! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Valkayree
Sep 8, 2006, 04:05 PM

Trained monkeys can drive a warthog. A banshee, now that's a different story. Problem is that good banshee pilots were too good, nubs complained, and Bungie nerfed the banshee, like the pistol, and that's when Valkayree quit.

Valkayree
Sep 8, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-09-08 07:11, Ryna wrote:
I've had the chance to play through all of the offline vehicle portions of the game. So, I'll offer my thoughts on each of the stages and vehicle controls.

In general, the vehicle stages only take 2-4 minutes to complete. They are entertaining, but seem like an afterthought.

Thanks Ryna, so vehicles are limited then, at least in offline mode. No freeform. I wonder if they are even online?

Saner
Sep 8, 2006, 04:11 PM
yes vehicles are confirmed to be online and I think their missions will be similiar if no different from the offline tasks they involve. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but it still will be fun. I mean PSO never had vehicles before like the classics did. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif