PDA

View Full Version : Expert Mode

Pure-chan
Sep 6, 2006, 05:25 PM
Now that we have an explanation of the Expert Mode classes:

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1582&mode=&order=0&thold=0

What is everyone planning on choosing as their expertise? I'm pretty interested in how the Protranser would play out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-06 15:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-06 15:27 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Sep 6, 2006, 05:27 PM
im gonna be using a gun and saber most of the time.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'll train my main avatar to be a Wartechter/"War-Techer"(? )
I like using lot's of nice melee weapons and some Technics. I really like the great swords, double-sabers, daggers, and dual sabers.

I *pray* there will be an attack speed boosting unit, like PSO's God/Battle.

I'd like to boost up the ATA and attack speed of my character's great sword attacks as much as possible.

Wubbie
Sep 6, 2006, 05:57 PM
ForteTechser... I'll be playing straight up Force with Morb and a few friends... Gonna be mad fun ^_^.

Tetsuro
Sep 6, 2006, 05:57 PM
I think I'm gonna be a newman Wartechter.

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 05:59 PM
Hmm hasn't this been done before. Anyways I'm either going to be Figunner or Foretfighter, leaning more towards Figunner ATM.

Deprimenthia
Sep 6, 2006, 06:26 PM
What exactly is this Expert Mode?

DarkShadowX
Sep 6, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-09-06 16:26, Deprimenthia wrote:
What exactly is this Expert Mode?

Well Expert Mode is the term used for when you're using an Expert Class, which are listed in the Polls.

Diablohead
Sep 6, 2006, 06:45 PM
Guntechter as my main, though im also tempted to go pure guns.

Leviathan
Sep 6, 2006, 07:19 PM
Warriortechster. I'll be a female cast aswell.

PJ
Sep 6, 2006, 07:22 PM
My online human, online beast and offline beast will all be Wartecher.

My online newman will be Guntecher.

My online cast will be fortefighter, or Figunner. Probably fortefighter (Cause it sounds cool too)

tikigod13
Sep 6, 2006, 07:35 PM
Newman Force FTW going to go in with my big staff and shoot some fire and burn there biskits!

Alielle
Sep 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
Guntechter Newman sounds interesting to me.

JasonWFD
Sep 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
Wartecher! Buff Buff SMASH! ^_^

Calamity
Sep 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
i really wanna try to be a fortefighter but i'd liked to have a figunner to so i dont really no what i'm gonna be yet

Kyuu
Sep 6, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-09-06 17:52, Alielle wrote:

How dare you! ._. My main char is going to be a Guntecher Newman. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be techer and not techter, at least I remember the person who translated them saying that.)

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 6, 2006, 09:02 PM
my main character who's a male human is going hunter all the way so fortefighter it is for him. oh yeah, and my second character is also gonna be a guntecher newman [female].

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-06 19:03 ]</font>

Alielle
Sep 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-09-06 18:19, Kyuu wrote:

How dare you! ._. My main char is going to be a Guntecher Newman. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be techer and not techter, at least I remember the person who translated them saying that.)

Shouldn't you be flattered that we both have such good taste? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And it does say "Guntechter" on that page in Japanese.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 6, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-09-06 19:07, Alielle wrote:

On 2006-09-06 18:19, Kyuu wrote:

Shouldn't you be flattered that we both have such good taste? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

+1, I mean, I would love it if someone else has the same taste as me, as long as we don't look exactly alike.

Zeota
Sep 6, 2006, 09:52 PM
Fortefighter FTW!

princejake2
Sep 6, 2006, 10:18 PM
I really don't know. I'm still torn as whether to start as a gunner first, or a fighter. I'm gonna try gunner first probably though, because me friends want me to, and I love dual handguns. I'm still undecided on if I really want to be a Cast or not, because I couldn't stand them in PSO.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 6, 2006, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna be a Figunner or a Fortegunner. It all depends on a few little details that we don't know yet. I sure hope a Fortegunner will be as competent with a saber as a plain ol' Ranger. I don't care about the other melee weapons, I just want a saber to go with my guns!

SpikeWT1
Sep 6, 2006, 11:38 PM
My main character is going to be a wartecher (maybe a figunner) human (it's all about balance) and my second character will be a fortefighter beast (tank).

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 12:48 AM

I was kidding. =P

Meh, you're probably right about the techter thing. I just thought I read something, but I'm disinclined to go rummaging through old forum topics looking for it. Ah well.

mananas
Sep 7, 2006, 12:55 AM
Is anyone else hoping there are more classes??
Not necessarily all new classes but able to emphasize one aspect or the other... Like what if you wanted to be primarily a hunter who used a little magic, or primarily a force who uses hunter weapons occassionally? Does anyone know if you can pick and choose?

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 01:30 AM
No, you can't really, unless you just decide to leave one side of your abilities undeveloped as a Wartechter and focus exclusively on the other. Also, pure Forces can use sabers (and maybe one or two other melee weapons as well), and level 1 PAs. Meleeing as a Force isn't really recommended, though.

And no, I personally am not hoping for more classes. There's already 7 more classes than we thought there'd be, and there's really no place for another type of class.

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-09-06 22:55, mananas wrote:
Not necessarily all new classes but able to emphasize one aspect or the other... Like what if you wanted to be primarily a hunter who used a little magic, or primarily a force who uses hunter weapons occassionally? Does anyone know if you can pick and choose?

that would be kind of unnecesary.

either be a master of one or partial master of two.

an almost master of one and lowclass user of another is kind of unbalanced. you might as well not dual class and just be a pure master of your first class choice. since your 'sub' would be too limited to be of much use.

that's why the 50/50 type of dual class classes are more promising.

a 80/20 type of class would be strange. well I just think they won't go through the trouble of offering unbalanced classes like that. which is why that trap master type of class was added for the furthest variety.

well anyway I'll be using Wartechter since blades are really fun, and some techniques would be handy for survival purposes and reduce the need for consuming health items (therefore saving a bit more money). so ya to me Wartechter has the offense, defense and support potential to offer a variety of things to be able to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but just to be sure, can Wartechters still be able to use all types of Blades? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-06 23:32 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 7, 2006, 01:43 AM
Techtergun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-09-06 23:31, Saner wrote:

but just to be sure, can Wartechters still be able to use all types of Blades? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
No one has gotten to any of the Expert Types yet, however, from what I remember of the pictures provided of the weapon chart, they could use all weapons from both the Hunter and Force classes, just not to the same proficiency (only A and B proficiencies). I may be remembering incorrectly, though.

Natrokos
Sep 7, 2006, 03:06 AM
I'm curious about how effective atk techs will be when using a wartechter.....Of course race will play a part......

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 07:56 AM
Traps!! Thats what I'm gonna try

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
Oh, I forgot one thing. Also, what race your char is will determine to what side your Wartechter falls. For example, obviously a Newman Wartechter would be better with spells and weaker with melee than a Beast Wartechter.

RoninJoku
Sep 7, 2006, 11:13 AM
A bit on the fence between Wartechter and Fortetechser... Waiting for a bit more information first...

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 11:19 AM
Human Guntecher ^_^

l3iohazard
Sep 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
i'm going to be a pure hunter beast my ATP will be so godly...

AngelLight
Sep 7, 2006, 12:48 PM
I wonder if a PSU trapper will be as godly as a GW trapper was (could solo just about anything and 3 or 4 were all you needed to farm Uw, the hardest area in the Game, Pre Factions).

I'd like to try a trapper, but I'll prolly have either a Straight Force or Guntecher

chibiLegolas
Sep 7, 2006, 12:55 PM
On 2006-09-06 22:55, mananas wrote:

I dont' think that's necassery. Between race abilities + equipment, I'm sure you can make a character that'll lean towards one class over the other if you so choose to. Like to switch alot? Then a human sounds most ideal.
Besides, the finer details hasn't been flushed out yet on this mode.

As for me, I'm going with female cast Guntechter (gunner + tech-caster). All support baby!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-09-07 10:59 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 7, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-09-07 09:28, l3iohazard wrote:

Sounds good except this is like the old dilema of cast vs humar (or wa sit hunewearl). A cast would have a high max ATP but shift can boost a humar on par or even higher.

Pure-chan
Sep 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 2006-09-07 11:01, Kaply wrote:

On 2006-09-07 09:28, l3iohazard wrote:

Sounds good except this is like the old dilema of cast vs humar (or wa sit hunewearl). A cast would have a high max ATP but shift can boost a humar on par or even higher.

If you plan on soloing most of the time... In a team with a FO supporting the party, the advantage goes back to the non-hybrid hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif