PDA

View Full Version : PS2 gameplay

Eternal255
Sep 7, 2006, 12:48 AM
So i was watching a gameplay video of the PS2 version and noticed only 2 bottons on the UI, square and triangle. Can you only use 1 botton to do X-Hit combos with the weapon? Whats up with that?

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 01:02 AM
um all versions have the same gameplay. same battle system.

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 01:41 AM
That wasn't his question, Saner.

Normal attack comboes are handled by one button, and Photon Art comboes are handled by the other. This isn't Virtua Fighter or Killer Instinct, absurdly complex button pushing is not a feature of this game. It's straight-forward, easy to pull off, fun fighting. I never considered fighting with the controller to be a fun gameplay feature anyway.

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 01:44 AM
Oh? So no more Fierce attacks?

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 01:45 AM
Nope, instead you have Photon Arts, which are about 500 times cooler and more fun, in my approximation.

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 01:47 AM
Haha. Good enough for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 01:49 AM
actually the blade skill photon arts are somewhat like heavy attacks and special attacks COMBINED.

and many of them have a unique combo built-in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 02:16 AM
They're not much like either heavy attacks or special attacks, really. They're pretty much their own thing.

... And all the PAs are combo attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-07 00:16 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 7, 2006, 05:16 AM
Bleh, it would've been nice if they added the option to have fierce attacks too.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 07:50 AM
Oh well, at least it will be easier to move, backstep side step ftw!! btw.. has anyone thats played the game able to tell me if other players online will be able to see you doing the back/side steps during combat?

phunk
Sep 7, 2006, 08:05 AM
You're able to change the control scheme, ye?

I liked how they had it on PS2 controllers at E3 but just a question in case anything had been changed.