PDA

View Full Version : Exspansion Disk

princejake2
Sep 7, 2006, 06:32 AM
So soon? Is there a date set for it yet in JP? Also, will NA have this content from the get-go, or will we have to buy the Exspansion Disk, too?

Sessilu
Sep 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
I think you'll have to buy really.
And why isn't it for the PC as well, I only read Ps2 and Xbox360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shcotty
Sep 7, 2006, 06:39 AM
Maybe PC users will just download patches, whereas space to download patches may be an issue for consoles, specifically the ps2.

But that's just pure speculation.

Forever Zero
Sep 7, 2006, 06:40 AM
Glad to see they will continue to have new expansions. If it's out before US release we won't even see it til two months after JP anyways since they are not releasing content at the same time. We will be on a 2 month delay assuming US release doesn't get pushed back. This is most likely a project for next year tho.

DarkShadowX
Sep 7, 2006, 06:50 AM
Agreed, while it's been announced it'll probably take a bit longer for it.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 7, 2006, 07:02 AM
just a single player add on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-09-07 05:03 ]</font>

tank1
Sep 7, 2006, 07:12 AM
Any add on is good imo unless its "Star Wars Galxies" *shudder*

Diablohead
Sep 7, 2006, 07:14 AM
If it contains more online stuff also like pso v2, I guess they wont bring it out too soon as the original wont sell enough for profit.

Its nice to know that psu is not at an end for anytime soon.

Nika
Sep 7, 2006, 07:30 AM
Too fast!! I think the game only come out then new patch already? I concern that for Eng version I have to buy 2 main and 2 expansion for me and my brother. and also buy monthly fee for 2 account!!

from the picture do you think Ethan turn to enemy side? How come!! with SEED?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-09-07 05:32 ]</font>

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 07:42 AM
I think its too fast as well, but considering the problems that occured with the servers and such theyre probably putting out the expansion as a form of precaution, to safeguard against anyone else losing their characters.. Its the curse of any great phantasy star game ;-; But even so! I hope the expansion expands on the online world too, I should assume it would anyway, and they should add like 100 new outfits ><!! and more hairstyles too, because none of them seem too appealing (I totally need Alfort Tylor hair)

EtherForce
Sep 7, 2006, 08:16 AM
Hmm I wonder, will this 'expansion' have servers seperated from original PSU kinda like ep3 had it's own servers?

drmcst45
Sep 7, 2006, 08:22 AM
I'll only get the expansion if it applies to online play. I bet you can level up to 100 or higher with the expansion

Ryna
Sep 7, 2006, 08:23 AM
On 2006-09-07 04:32, princejake2 wrote:
So soon? Is there a date set for it yet in JP? Also, will NA have this content from the get-go, or will we have to buy the Exspansion Disk, too?

There is no date yet.

As for it being too soon, I don't really think so. Rumors about an "expansion disc" for PSO started to swirl before the US release of that game.

AngelLight
Sep 7, 2006, 08:42 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again...they'll pull a FFXI maneuver. Basically, they're using the Jp release for active testing over and above the normal game realm stuff and will expand content to keep interest....but when it comes out in the US, both the original and the expansion will be on the same disc(s) and will only be one purchase.

I'm pretty sure we dont have anything to worry about when the US/EN version comes....

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 09:14 AM
I don't think this is too fast at all. All Sonic Team are doing is proving they are commited to the game, the expansion is probably due to be released in a year, remember how long ago they announced PSU!

The expansion will probably be more single player chapters and new area's/quests/items for online!

Hopefully they intenmd to release a large expansion every year untill PSU 2!!

RoninJoku
Sep 7, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-09-07 06:42, AngelLight wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again...they'll pull a FFXI maneuver. Basically, they're using the Jp release for active testing over and above the normal game realm stuff and will expand content to keep interest....but when it comes out in the US, both the original and the expansion will be on the same disc(s) and will only be one purchase.

I'm pretty sure we dont have anything to worry about when the US/EN version comes....

Hmm, well that would have to mean that the expansion would be done in a mere month or so... Not to mention localized... I don't really think this will be the case... Unless it's a really small expansion :/

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 7, 2006, 09:19 AM
I really hope its not more online stuff cuz I thought they would change everything server side. if more online stuff requires an expansion disk, that would really suck.

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 09:30 AM
Well if we are talking new items and area's then it has to be either downloaded or on a new disk. And since the main platform (PS2) does not have the ability to download (the game does not support the HD) then new content HAS to be on a disk. They can't add new graphics server side it has to run client side (ie. disk or hard drive). The PC and 360 might have it as a paid download but PS2 needs an expansion disk.

I don't think it sucks at all! Did V2 suck? No, it fricking ruled!

Spellbinder
Sep 7, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-09-07 06:42, AngelLight wrote:

There's one thing you're forgetting. JP and US servers are not linked like in FFXI. They had to include the expansion for the US players so they would be up to speed when the US version released. In PSU, JP and US are on different time tables. JP PSU may be a little behind schedule, but as mentioned in the interview. If the JP for example get content two months after release, the US players will get said content two months after release.

Do you really think SEGA of all people would readily translate this extra expansion material and add it on to the original PSU CD's in time for release?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2006-09-07 07:34 ]</font>

AngelLight
Sep 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
There's one thing you're forgetting. JP and US servers are not linked like in FFXI. They had to include the expansion for the US players so they would be up to speed when the US version released. In PSU, JP and US are on different time tables. JP PSU may be a little behind schedule, but as mentioned in the interview. If the JP for example get content two months after release, the US players will get said content two months after release.

Do you really think SEGA of all people would readily translate this extra expansion material and add it on to the original PSU CD's in time for release?

This is assuming that this has not already been done....sure it could come out in two months...that's always a possibility, but honestly, what mainstream online game "sold" an expansion 2 months after the original game.

This is true, however. It's not a linked server like FFXI. But I think we still dont have much to worry about. Its all just going to be content already available on the data disks. It wouldn't make much sense to translate just the original game code for english and have all the rest of the US/EN (future, so all of it) expansions be in Japanese. All the expansion disk will do for a PS2 will be to update your save file(s) to give permissions to the files/blocks associated with the new content already in existance (perhaps add some sort of extra file to the mem card. as well for security or admin). If all of the content is going to be on the PS2, then there's no reason to think it wont be on the PC disk(s) as well. This is a guess of course...

But still, I'm pretty confident we'll be ok here on release day.

Kindaichi
Sep 7, 2006, 05:48 PM
Angle im with u i think they will do this also. I dont think it will be a very "big" expansion though maybe raise lvl cap, new areas, and mayber 3-4 more chapters for offline.

Vinchenzo420
Sep 7, 2006, 06:24 PM
WoW players, its just like that... but the burning crusade still isnt even out so I doubt this expansion will be out within the next 6 months... its only been announced. but be happy when the game isnt over cuz theres the expantion to wait for lol

NightHour13
Sep 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
Is it just me or does the poster art for Phantasy Star Universe: Illumines no Yabou (the expansion disc) look..evil.

Somthing tells me Ethan has finnaly gotten a brain and become evil!

Also, I hear this expansion is coming for the Xbox260 and PS2....No PC?! What the duck!!!???

How about some healthy speculation?

(Btw, sorry if somthing like this was posted. I searched, but found naught)

Saner
Sep 11, 2006, 03:12 PM
is this expansion for the offline story or adds to the online also? I would think there would be a PC version also.

or I guess the PC version sold too poorly in Japan to convince them to release a expansion disk for it.

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 03:47 PM
I'm totally cereal, people. You all seem to be forgetting that they're just announcing that they are working on an expansion. I doubt it'll be released for another 2-4 months at least.

ShardInABox
Sep 11, 2006, 05:06 PM
it WILL be out for PC since my PC copy had a leaflet with the URL - why give that to owners of the PC version if its not coming out for them? Maybe not on CD for PC owners - maybe you have to pay to download it. They just said it will be on Disk for 360 and PS2 - right?

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 05:16 PM
There is no expansion. IGN pulled the entire story out of their ass based on one picture

NightHour13
Sep 11, 2006, 07:16 PM
uh. So whatcha guys think about Ethan looking evil? Think the end events of PSU's story gives him a reason to be? Maybe he's been infected by seed and now he's gunna be a weird tentacle mutant walrus/platypus/de rol lei kickoff?!

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts of what ethan might turn into

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts of why he might be evil now. (no constipation theories)

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 07:55 PM
Ethan will prolly discover some horrible secret hidden by the Guardians and hel team up with that beast girl (forgot her name) working undercover to learn the truth, which will make Hal join your party too (PSU version of NOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Saner
Sep 11, 2006, 10:54 PM
that poster might be in fact the story missions they are planning for online.

ShinMaruku
Sep 12, 2006, 02:21 AM
Ethan will have harem is what their hinting at, perverted batshit crazy Japanese people
http://members.shaw.ca/Moot/ohnos.jpg
I rest my case.

Ryudo
Sep 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
On 2006-09-11 15:16, Ether wrote:
There is no expansion. IGN pulled the entire story out of their ass based on one picture

Thank you.

I've been TRYING to tell people that.

Illumines no Yabou is the first online story arc of quests, they're all on the disc already, one will be unlocked every 2 weeks

Sev
Sep 12, 2006, 04:49 AM
On 2006-09-12 01:47, Ryudo wrote:

On 2006-09-11 15:16, Ether wrote:

Thank you.

Illumines no Yabou is the first online story arc of quests, they're all on the disc already, one will be unlocked every 2 weeks

Can I get a little somethin to confirm this with? Just so I know for sure that's what it is.

kassy
Sep 12, 2006, 10:31 AM
For once I'd like to play an online Sonic team RPG that's solely on PC...

Maybe that might actually curb there need to rehash and release update discs, and they could think of actual free patches?!

Obviously I'll reserve judgement about this expansion disc, as we have no idea what it contains. But I don't want to be buying 'PSU ep1&2 version 2 plus' 5 years from now.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 12, 2006, 12:00 PM
I'm all for new storyline quests/missions, expanded and added content for PSU. I for one would hope their *is*/will be PSU expansion sequels with additional areas, new enemies, new outfits, new rares, new PM's with all new evolution forms etc...

I wouldn't mind a "PSU Ep. 2" expasion disk that come out like a year or two from now. I'd definitely would buy it. *especially* *if* it comes out on the Nintendo Wii.

SephYuyX
Sep 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
IGN is wrong 90% of the time. They always try to be the first place to get gaming news, but they just end up first place in the line of idiots.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
obviously if this is about the online quests event then that would explain the exclusion of the PC version. and i hope they do release something within the next 6-12 months. something that will expand the online and offline experience. i'm sure holiday events will be crazy in PSU!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-09-07 04:37, Sessilu wrote:
I think you'll have to buy really.
And why isn't it for the PC as well, I only read Ps2 and Xbox360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

On 2006-09-11 12:54, NightHour13 wrote:
Also, I hear this expansion is coming for the Xbox260 and PS2....No PC?! What the duck!!!???

It'd be silly for them to release PSU content for the Xbox360 but not the PC. They literally would have done all the work for two platforms, only to release it on just one.

On 2006-09-12 08:31, kassy wrote:
For once I'd like to play an online Sonic team RPG that's solely on PC...

Maybe that might actually curb there need to rehash and release update discs, and they could think of actual free patches?!

Obviously I'll reserve judgement about this expansion disc, as we have no idea what it contains. But I don't want to be buying 'PSU ep1&2 version 2 plus' 5 years from now.

If they follow the pattern that the Phantasy Star franchise has established buy the original and PSO, then there will be four major installments, the third of which will be wild tangent from the others, related yet so far removed that it can almost be ignored.

Shrevn
Sep 12, 2006, 01:04 PM
Ill agree in the fact let the jappies do the testing we just play the good version ^-^v
But in all seriousness i doubt they'll add the expansion disk or w/e for the US release it is sonic team afterall

tiki-man
Sep 17, 2006, 01:40 PM
so does this expansion have more to do with the sigle player game, yay first comment

Wubbie
Sep 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
"Thank you.

Illumines no Yabou is the first online story arc of quests, they're all on the disc already, one will be unlocked every 2 weeks "

Quoted for Emphasis, learn to read... People are asking for confirmations from the quote above, but I'm asking for a confirmation of an Expansion Pack.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:59 PM
Sounds like many suprises are in stall for us. I like surprises http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif