PDA

View Full Version : PSU Error code 051

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 09:55 AM
Now I'm guessing once you fire up the 2nd option (from the pop up menu before PSU play) Is online mode. I have seemed to download the patching files, and try to connect, Instead I get an Error 051.

I'll look at the problem again now just to confirm this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, so damn close to joining you online D:

Quick update, the story mode works ok, I'm getting the Up/Down symbol. Online mode however it tries to connect, But I keep getting error 51

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitrowolf on 2006-09-07 07:59 ]</font>

Tekershee
Sep 7, 2006, 09:58 AM
It's a bit hard to get in right now cause they're limiting connections or something. Keep going.

uhawww
Sep 7, 2006, 09:58 AM
Maintenance just ended.
Now there's a flood of people trying to get online.

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 09:59 AM
Oh, I see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif In that case I'll keep trying
;3

Can you actually tell me what the code 51 text is? Perhaps server is busy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitrowolf on 2006-09-07 08:01 ]</font>

Cross
Sep 7, 2006, 10:09 AM
If I recall correctly, Error 51 is basically "Couldn't reach the server; it's probably under maintenance. Check the official site for details".
The description is a bit wonky though; it seems to be the generic 'couldn't connect' error, cause by anything from software blocking the connection on your PC to Sega's brilliant max-connections scheme.

Haze2in1
Sep 7, 2006, 10:11 AM
It doesnt make sense!!
They should be increasing the connections not limiting them....................dont they want people to play their game?

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 10:14 AM
._. either way I'm still getting the same code. Can anybody else try connect verify that they get the same code too? So I know its not another problem my end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cross
Sep 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
There weren't any problems like this for the first two days or so; you could generally get in no problem. The issue was that there were too many people and the character server got boned so hard that it started playing musical chairs with character data. They took the whole damn thing offline for half a week to fix it, and apparently they didn't actually fix it yet since they're just not letting enough people on to trigger the character swapping bug.

Haze2in1
Sep 7, 2006, 10:18 AM
I see.......
Is any one here online at the moment?

Haze2in1
Sep 7, 2006, 10:24 AM
Finally Im online!!
Good luck to all of you!!

Vanner
Sep 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
This is begining to piss me off

watashiwa
Sep 7, 2006, 10:28 AM
I haven't been able to get on since they limited connections. Beginning to think I'll never get back on. =P

I don't really have the patience to hammer the enter key repeatedly every so often for hours either...

Vanner
Sep 7, 2006, 10:31 AM
Most annoying part is i managed to get in and then they closed the server off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 10:32 AM
Naw, still getting my good old error code 51. At this rate my free trial will be repeatedly pressing enter -.-

watashiwa
Sep 7, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-09-07 08:32, Nitrowolf wrote:
At this rate my free trial will be repeatedly pressing enter -.-

Level up that finger dexterity.. GO, GO!

And, yeah, I got on yesterday just before the maintenance.. was creating my character when they went down..

=)

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 10:38 AM
Thats not good atall. Lets hope when the english version comes around they dont have as many problems. Can you guys verify that you lot are getting "Error 051" too? So far my PSU experience has been like this from: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif to :/ to ._.

I just want to play and meet you all ;_;

*Finger DEX Level 2!*

uhawww
Sep 7, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'm online now.
It typically only takes me about 10-20 minutes of Enter spamming to get in, but once I'm in, it's historically been near flawless operation after the login throttling was implemented.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-07 08:41 ]</font>

watashiwa
Sep 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
Like Cross said.. the first couple of days.. getting on was no problem.. now it's like this.. yeah.. I'm getting Error 051 every time I try.. I did get past Error 051 a few minutes ago, only to get the TOS and then immediately Error 052...

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ok not much else I can do but keep spamming enter then. Sometimes itll take a while for the 051 to appear, sometimes shorter. Hope I get the lucky one selected to go into the servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 7, 2006, 10:47 AM
The login management is a disgrace.

Cross
Sep 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
I think I'd rather deal with the character swapping bug than this. I mean, shit, with that bug you'd get to play a new race/class every couple days. It'd keep the game from getting boring 'cause you'd always be doing something different.

But this - this is just crap. At the very least I'd like to see some photos of the "Hey, every game has some launch problems so PSU isn't any different" crowd with their feet in their mouth.

uhawww
Sep 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
I think it's been mentioned before, but a Queue system, like in WoW would be fine with me.
At least we can simply wait as opposed to having to continuously attempt to login, since mathematically, there's the chance you may never get online...

Vanner
Sep 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
I feel like setting myself on fire i have been tapping this frigging button for over 3 hours now..

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 10:54 AM
I guess most of you arent having any luck either, Starting to get pretty bored of re-attempting logins, But at the same time If I dont, I may miss my chance to login! D:

watashiwa
Sep 7, 2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, if this doesn't clear up soon, I'll probably not even bother with the import any further. =P Was a good idea.. but pulled off wrong.. just so very wrong!

Maybe by official service start on October 1st, they'll have this fixed.. but then again.. maybe not?

I still have Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga III to play while I'm waiting so... guess I'll hit those up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Imagine that, though, a company selling an online game where you can't even get online. Amazing!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-07 09:09 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 7, 2006, 11:12 AM
Don't give up, I managed to get online earlier today... Then in like 10 minutes I had to go.

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
Completely revolutionising the MMO "Massively Multiplayer Offline"

Seriously I think I'm just gonna give it a few hours now. Been trying the past 45 mins, and nothing. Back to FFXI for a while then. I think I'll fire up Disgaea 2 too y'know. Nothing better to pass the time.

On another note, I read that there is a way to get rid of the Error 051. But it sounds like a lump of dog turd to me.

Well, my free trial expires in 30 days. Best see how much enter-no logins I can accomplish :/

Oh, oh, While trying to connect (in the process of) I get atleast 2 Japanese text display messages before the almighty 051 kicks in.

EDIT2: I just bypassed and got a 052, whats this one?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitrowolf on 2006-09-07 09:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitrowolf on 2006-09-07 09:26 ]</font>

-STE-
Sep 7, 2006, 01:06 PM
Really boring...

-STE-
Sep 7, 2006, 01:08 PM
Just for ask, where most english speaker play?
which universe?

(sorry maybe is wrote somewhere here but im lazy to read all topics)

Nitrowolf
Sep 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'll tell you whenever I get online. -.-

-STE-
Sep 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
Maybe soon japanese go sleep... maybe work... maybe make showe dunno

watashiwa
Sep 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
Just came home.. got online first try.

Mondengel
Oct 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
Hi I am new here and I have the same problem, I have Error 051 in Story Mode and Error 061 in Network Mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
What exactly do I need to play PSU?
Game installed?
Sega Link ID?
And thats all, correct?