PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble playing online.

Griffle
Sep 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
Forgive me if this is a n00bish question, but I can't seem to find anything in detail and the search is throwing an error at me.

I've just received the game yesterday and have a SegaLink account, I've also registered the key. My account is working and I can play the offline mode, but I'm having troubles with the online section.

When I try, I put in my SegaLink account info, it communicates with the server and then puts me back out to the start screen. No error or failed to connect or anything.

Did I miss something? I didn't think that I needed to purchase a guardian's license during the initial month. If I do, can someone point me in the right direction?

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 03:49 PM
weren't they shutting down the servers for a lil while and giving characters a free month? Because of the swapping and such... I'm being a lil forgetful

Griffle
Sep 7, 2006, 04:41 PM
Correct. Yea, they did shut down the servers for a while, but they have been reopened... if not in a limited capacity.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118314&forum=20&76

This part confuses me:

Temporary change to SEGAlink

Until the official service begins, you will no longer be able to purchase Guardian Licenses (Though you may still register your game key to play if you purchase the game after this point). All customers who have registered their Credit Card information with SEGAlink will have official correspondance sent via mail. You will not be billed until the end of the official service's first 30 day cycle.

Now, I'm registered. I've put in the code. My SegaLink page says that my account is active. Hell, I even got an email confirmation.

The real questions is if I need to do anything else AFTER that part before I can get online?

If I was getting Error 51 dealies, that'd be one thing, but this isn't the case. I put in my login info, the network icon in the upper right is going up and down and then it plops me back to the ST logo and start screen.