PDA

View Full Version : This scares me.

zandra117
Sep 7, 2006, 03:26 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/ss/downloads_screen19.jpg
In this part of character create isn't the character you are creating supposed to be shown wearing a body suit and not clothes? Did SoA edit the character create and remove the 2 piece body suits and replace them with 1 piece body suits in the US version?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-07 13:27 ]</font>

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
No it shows the body suit in a different part of the char create. Nothing has changed.

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 03:31 PM
yes if you notice that window does not show the "Jacket selection" numbers/slider.

They probably gave her a jacket then went back to adjust their facial and color elements.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 03:32 PM
Relax, if you want to wear the undergarments you'll be able to, you can choose from about 5. See where it says "Body suit"? once thats highlighted your character will be seen in its body suit, short shorts and a tiny shirt, both skin tight, it'll help with perfecting your dude/tte's proportions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and itll still be a two piece body suit gotta admit though, its nice to see it in english for once lol thx for the picture

zandra117
Sep 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-09-07 13:29, parabolee wrote:
No it shows the body suit in a different part of the char create. Nothing has changed.

Are you sure because from what I've seen the clothes don't appear until you get to the clothing select. and if you go back it reverts back to the character wearing the body suit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-07 13:33 ]</font>

parabolee
Sep 7, 2006, 03:36 PM
I am not completely sure how it works but I am pretty sure that the body suits have not been removed.

Saner
Sep 7, 2006, 03:38 PM
On 2006-09-07 13:33, zandra117 wrote:

On 2006-09-07 13:29, parabolee wrote:

Are you sure because from what I've seen the clothes don't appear until you get to the clothing select. and if you go back it reverts back to the character wearing the body suit.

I don't think they would have added hot springs if ppl can't just wear their two piece body suit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

maybe that pic was taken before the game loaded the two-piece bodysuit again, since 3-D creation systems often don't load clothes the instant you revert back to another category.

Ash1ey
Sep 7, 2006, 04:30 PM
The clothes are always there, you only see the body suit when you hover over body suit, and are working on the proprtions

PJ
Sep 7, 2006, 04:30 PM
The body suits are only shown when you're changing (And I'm gonna use the names from the english character create snapshot there)

-Body Suit
-Skin Color (no canadian version? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )
-Proportion

Tetsuro
Sep 7, 2006, 04:44 PM
Thats your biggest concer for character creation? I don't know about the rest of you but im more concerned about creepy dudes making little girls, and now with the voice option giving them really high pitched voices.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
don't you have the option of equipping and unequipping your clothes the same way you equip and unequip weapons and armor and running around wearing only your body suit?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-07 15:57 ]</font>

zandra117
Sep 7, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-09-07 14:44, Tetsuro wrote:
Thats your biggest concer for character creation? I don't know about the rest of you but im more concerned about creepy dudes making little girls, and now with the voice option giving them really high pitched voices.

Hey, I was gonna do that! lol

UniKoRn
Sep 7, 2006, 06:49 PM

I find it weird that some guys only play female characters. It's like they want to be a girl or something, lol

I'm a girl and like to play as girl characters. If I make male characters I can't really stick to playing them because its kinda weird ^_^;

Kindaichi
Sep 7, 2006, 06:58 PM
Same,never have played a girl character in a online game and never will, just alittle to freaky.

Sotaka0
Sep 7, 2006, 07:01 PM
In FFXI, I went with a Male Tarutaru, because the difference between male and female characters did not exist.

In PSU, I'm going with a female Newman, because I prefer the higher supportive mage stats than the Male Force.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 7, 2006, 07:09 PM
I am gonna have a female character but my primary character and possibly my third character will be guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-07 17:11 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 7, 2006, 09:05 PM
Only casts are in their "body suits" until the 2nd page of character creation

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:11 PM

Would you rather them make little boys and give them low voices? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

RoninJoku
Sep 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-09-07 19:11, Nilot wrote:

Would you rather them make little boys and give them low voices? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Or big boys with little kid faces, a goatie and mutton chops, with an afro and heart sunglasses and a super high-pitched old man voice!

-Shimarisu-
Sep 7, 2006, 09:25 PM

You mean like this?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/Naruswega/momosig.jpg

On 2006-09-07 16:49, UniKoRn wrote:

I find it weird that some guys only play female characters. It's like they want to be a girl or something, lol

I'm a girl and like to play as girl characters. If I make male characters I can't really stick to playing them because its kinda weird ^_^;

Grrrl gamers rock.

(PS I just accidentally blocked you and it's probably a blessing I'm too much of a noob to fix that.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-07 19:28 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 7, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-09-07 19:05, Ether wrote:
Only casts are in their "body suits" until the 2nd page of character creation

It's odd how some actually look MORE clothed in their body suit than otherwise.

kazuma56
Sep 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
In PSU, I'm going with a female Newman, because I prefer the higher supportive mage stats than the Male Force.

What? is this true? I don't remeber anyone saying or anywhere stating that a male newman will have different stats then a female one.... if thats true then most if not all people wanting to go "battle mage" would probably HAVE to play males because in PSO, males = power and minor techs while females had more power in techs and less so in strength.

PJ
Sep 7, 2006, 10:04 PM
It is true

Although females have higher MST, males have higher HP, attack and accuracy I believe? I dunno, maybe defense to

So in the long run, a male force still sounds better, but what do I know, I always said FOnewm > FOnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Kyuu
Sep 7, 2006, 11:12 PM
Females haves better MST, TAP, DFP, and EVP, and males have better stats in everything else.

And it's nice to see ignorance is still alive and well. Most (though not all) my characters are female in games where you create a character. I'm a guy. I do not have any desire to have a sex-change operation or follow in the footsteps of Micheal Jackson. I prefer female characters for a variety of reasons. Primary reason, I like girls more than I like guys. The character models for guys are generally less attractive to me than the female ones. Girls are generally portrayed as smaller, faster, and more agile, and I like that sort of character more than big, slow, lumbering, pure physical-strength sort of characters (one reason I'm not inclined to play as the Beast race, also).

*shrugs* But ah well. Some people are determined to believe that anyone with different preferences than themselves is "abnormal" or "creepy".

kazuma56
Sep 7, 2006, 11:25 PM
*shrugs* But ah well. Some people are determined to believe that anyone with different preferences than themselves is "abnormal" or "creepy".

I think its more tied to the "generation" X person grew up in and also what they were taught/told is weird.... I don't see the reason to play female characters because they usually are deemed as weaker then the males and are more or less tied to support (backline wussies as I say or Heal *****es), now don't get me wrong, I don't mind people who like/play those roles in ORPGs but its just something I cant fathom doing.

It may be tied to the fact that i'm not that way in real life...and that i'm more of the "standoff" type of guy then the one that would walk away from something if it was too troublesome to face.

Anywho, barring my obvious bias towards things it still doesn't mean anything to anyone else, some peoples opinions agree and some don't...tis human ain't it?

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-09-07 21:25, kazuma56 wrote:

I think its more tied to the "generation" X person grew up in and also what they were taught/told is weird.... I don't see the reason to play female characters because they usually are deemed as weaker then the males and are more or less tied to support (backline wussies as I say or Heal *****es), now don't get me wrong, I don't mind people who like/play those roles in ORPGs but its just something I cant fathom doing.

It may be tied to the fact that i'm not that way in real life...and that i'm more of the "standoff" type of guy then the one that would walk away from something if it was too troublesome to face.

Anywho, barring my obvious bias towards things it still doesn't mean anything to anyone else, some peoples opinions agree and some don't...tis human ain't it?
Touche. Generalizations and bias are unavoidable. I certainly won't claim to be immune. The important thing is realizing when they're getting in the way, and realizing that everyone around you is a human being just trying to get through life, just like you. When you realize that, it's easier to cast aside your prejudices.

Of course, that doesn't mean some people don't need a good kick-to-the-head now and then. >.>

Pirat
Sep 8, 2006, 01:36 AM
that girl on the pic looks hot!

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2006, 09:31 AM
oh yeah, to stay on topic, here's some proof that you can equip and unequip certain articles of clothes:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/730/730181/phantasy-star-universe-online-20060901070240564.jpg

courtesy of IGN.

Aion_Clyuve
Sep 8, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-09-07 21:12, Kyuu wrote:
Females haves better MST, TAP, DFP, and EVP, and males have better stats in everything else.

And it's nice to see ignorance is still alive and well. Most (though not all) my characters are female in games where you create a character. I'm a guy. I do not have any desire to have a sex-change operation or follow in the footsteps of Micheal Jackson. I prefer female characters for a variety of reasons. Primary reason, I like girls more than I like guys. The character models for guys are generally less attractive to me than the female ones. Girls are generally portrayed as smaller, faster, and more agile, and I like that sort of character more than big, slow, lumbering, pure physical-strength sort of characters (one reason I'm not inclined to play as the Beast race, also).

I'd like to second this viewpoint, and add the opinion (that some people might find creepy) that if I'm going to be staring at someone for hours on end it had better be an attractive female, even if she is just a mass of polygons.

Alisha
Sep 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
i once read an article(cant find it at the moment) that claimed that males that like to play females in online games usually had a dominant female parent. either because of divorce or because the male parent is always away working to support the family.

i can see where that could cause a male to percieve a female as a figure of power.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 8, 2006, 11:01 AM
ャ_ャ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2006-09-08 09:02 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 8, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-09-08 08:58, Alisha wrote:
i once read an article(cant find it at the moment) that claimed that males that like to play females in online games usually had a dominant female parent. either because of divorce or because the male parent is always away working to support the family.

i can see where that could cause a male to percieve a female as a figure of power.

I could see where there would be some truth to that situation... But I definitely don't think that's always the case... For example, I'm an identical twin as well as from a divorced family (I live with my mother, who can be very "dominant"). And yet, I always play male characters in games while my twin always plays female characters.

It's all about gender roles in the end. And the extent to which a person's gender roles are enforced in their own personal universe. It really has less to do with the person, but more the effects on the person of the society in which they grew up... If our environment demands strict adherence to our gender roles, we might find it awkward to play characters of opposing genders because it doesn't allign with what we learned to be normal...

And of course, that's certainly not to say that a "man's man" can't play female characters anyway. Some people just have different levels of personifying themselves in the character they play. And that also has something to do with it...

Anyway, enough from me! I suppose this has gotten a little off-topic...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-09-08 09:13 ]</font>

parabolee
Sep 8, 2006, 12:28 PM
Or it could be the "Lara Croft" situation, where it's necer to look at a hot ladies bum during gameplay than a man's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(that is the reason they gave for making Lara a woman).

Sexy_Raine
Sep 8, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm planning to use a female Newman because they look much better than the males, and I can't resist those ears.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Of course, I want try to try different characters, but main will be a female newman.