PDA

View Full Version : Two characters with the same name?

nennafir
Sep 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
On the official site at:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_multiplayer.php

it says "There is no restriction against moving to another universe, or against having two characters with the same name. In Network Mode, you can truly interact with every player."

So two characters can have exactly the same name? How do you tell each other apart then if you're in a battle?

(Edited for spelling.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nennafir on 2006-09-07 14:46 ]</font>

Flamingo99
Sep 7, 2006, 07:11 PM
Well... each party member has a assgined color when you join a group. So lets say there are 2 characters names Johnny. One Johnny will be (for example) assigned the color blue. Next to his name there will be a little blue box, and everything he says will have a blue bubble surrounding it. Lets the the second Johnny was assigned the color yellow, then everything the second johnny says will be surrounded by a yellow bubble. I highly doubt that you have have 2 characters EXACTLY alike. You will probably call the johnny assigned blue, Blue Johnny, and the one assigned yellow, Yellow Johnny.

Hope this helped.

IhateUrHate
Sep 7, 2006, 07:15 PM
thats a good point. i dunno maybe it has to do something with the guild card thing (i feel discusted not remembering what the friend system was called >_<)

Ryoga4523
Sep 7, 2006, 07:27 PM
it was the guild card system... you were correct. Come to think of it there were so many people with almost the identical name that it was incredibly hard to remember every single person that you had fun playing with... Which is why I think that SEGA did a smart move by keeping it the same. I could find out where you were and what game you were playing, I could then transport to your server and join your game if there was room. Flashbacks are now flooding my mind... those were the good ol' days.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:16 PM
yay sephiroth poseurs!

Garroway
Sep 7, 2006, 09:32 PM
I actualy think that the naming conventions used by PSO/PSU are a much better approach than the unique name system. Having unique names really doesn't stop people from naming their character Sephiroth or Legolas or anything else, they just have to do it more (or less usualy) creatively. Furthermore I don't see why people should be discouraged from playing a character named Sephiroth, if that's what they really want to do. My theory is that the haters really wanted to use that name too, but they wanted to be the only ones and they're just being crybabies about someone else liking the same thing that they do.

Killuminati
Sep 7, 2006, 10:53 PM
This is great I will name all my characters the same name hahaha

Kindaichi
Sep 7, 2006, 11:06 PM
Can u have 3 letter names?

Kindaichi
Sep 7, 2006, 11:37 PM
/bump

Natrokos
Sep 7, 2006, 11:43 PM
I don't really care what people name their character, But I do personally find it odd that someone would want to play Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth, etc. in a game that is not FF..... I am curious if you can do lastnames.