PDA

View Full Version : PSU release in november???

VR_Pilot
Sep 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
I was just over at GameTrailers and they have a new movie for PSU. I was shocked to see that at the end of the trailer, the release date is set for "November". This trailer was added to the site about 3 hours ago, after the official site launched with the Oct 24st date.

Help Anyone?

Miphesto
Sep 7, 2006, 07:08 PM
misinformed site

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 07:12 PM
The OFFICIAL site is misinformed? Rofl?

I dont know, though. Weird. =/

Miphesto
Sep 7, 2006, 07:16 PM
no, the site that says it comes out in november...
- -
edit: no need to call names!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-07 17:21 ]</font>

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 07:17 PM
Wow. Haha. You should really calm yourself. I was merely making fun because all you said was "misinformed site". Jesus Christ. >_>

Ryoga4523
Sep 7, 2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah but any knowledgable reader could infer that Miphesto was referring to the site that the PSU trailer was released on... not the official one. I would be upset as well if some body who has half as many posts as I did tried to make me seem ignorant when in fact he himself was the one who was ignorant...

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 07:24 PM
I was in no way making him look ignorant. I was making a joke. Also...he only has 50 posts. =/

Miphesto
Sep 7, 2006, 07:31 PM
sorry, i kinda vented...the canada post is pissing me off

Ryoga4523
Sep 7, 2006, 07:32 PM
which is almost double of what you had when I posted... hmmm and it seems that it has been edited by a moderator anyway, oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Axios-
Sep 7, 2006, 07:34 PM
I thought it was customary to accept that post counts have nothing to do with the content of said posts, but here's an argument about 28 posts vs 51 posts?

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
Haha. Its okay. I have a tendency to not express what I said was a joke, so partly my fault http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Sep 7, 2006, 07:38 PM
That same site lists Q2 2006 as the release date on the PSU game info page...

Tystys
Sep 7, 2006, 07:42 PM
I'm going with the official site, -_-

SephYuyX
Sep 7, 2006, 07:44 PM
Since when do post counts matter?

Join day should be more considered if anything.

HAY GUYZ I CAN SPAM MORE THAN EVERYONE HERE, MY POST COUNT AND EPEEN ARE HUGE

Tystys
Sep 7, 2006, 07:55 PM
Lmfao.

I agree, post count doesn't really do anything but prove just how much of your life you've wasted on the internet...

Dear god, about 600 of these posts have been in this one forum, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

WiLDFiRe
Sep 7, 2006, 07:58 PM
The real question is why would you even question the date on the offcial site?

Tankster
Sep 7, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-09-07 17:37, Deprimenthia wrote:
Haha. Its okay. I have a tendency to not express what I said was a joke, so partly my fault http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hey, mcr rocks! (random but i just saw your title)

Deprimenthia
Sep 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
"hey, mcr rocks! (random but i just saw your title)"

Eh. I dont like them, but thats my opinion. Im just saying MCR isnt real emo. Contrary to popular belief http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RoninJoku
Sep 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
Enough about post counts and join dates and chemical bonds (Remember PMs?)...

Anyway, I think we can safely assume that the official website which just launched has the most accurate and informed release date. So let's try not to worry! Of course, I can always see the game getting another delay! We haven't waited nearly long enough anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-09-07 17:24, Deprimenthia wrote:
I was in no way making him look ignorant. I was making a joke. Also...he only has 50 posts. =/

You only have 31!! hehe, my heart almost dropped after I read that first post though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Its hard enough waiting as it is..

VR_Pilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:59 PM
Let's stay on topic please...

On 2006-09-07 17:58, WiLDFiRe wrote:
The real question is why would you even question the date on the offcial site?

Because even if the official site says it's Oct 24st, it's NOT set in stone. Also examine a few things if you will:

-The site does not say the release date is in November, the trailer does.

-The trailer itself was just added a few hours ago, as apposed to the site being up for a day or two.

Now someone could make the arguement that the trailer itself is a tad old and that it was intended to be released before the official site opened.

I would love for the game to come out on the 24st, but when reality kicks in, it sounds a bit too good to be true. The JP version was just released and for SOA to fully translate what is essentialy two games in one in a couple of months will be quite an undertaking.

Also, given the recent problems wit the JP launch, SOA may have decided to postpone the release to make sure that doesent happen for the US release.

Many possibilities here.

Parn
Sep 7, 2006, 10:08 PM
Actually, the translation for PSU has been done for quite some time. Brian Sommers is the voice actor for Renvolt Magashi, the main villain of the game, and he had dropped by on this board to get some feedback months ago. Apparently the voice recording has been finished for awhile now, which means the localization was completed sometime last year.

VR_Pilot
Sep 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-09-07 20:08, Parn wrote:
Actually, the translation for PSU has been done for quite some time. Brian Sommers is the voice actor for Renvolt Magashi, the main villain of the game, and he had dropped by on this board to get some feedback months ago. Apparently the voice recording has been finished for awhile now, which means the localization was completed sometime last year.

Thats a very good point, but keep in mind that recording the dialogue is only part of the translation process. We also have to look at the parts of the script that are not voiced, such as NPC lines. Also the interface for shops and the mission create screen. All that has to be translated. And even if SOA was a tad ahead of schedule, that's only half of PSU.

The other half is the online mode, and that's a whole other preparation process. Extensive testing must be done before the game is released and the lack of an open beta leads me to believe that there is at least a possibility that the game wont make the Oct 24st deadline, though I very much hope it will.

Oh and BTW, there is another thread on this forum that just popped up with people who have seen this trailer with the November release. Please go check it out for yourself at:

http://www.gametrailers.com

Sessilu
Sep 8, 2006, 12:09 AM
You say it as they've only started translating now.

I don't hold any proof, but I'm pretty darn sure translation has been done about the same time as Voice Acting.

I could say their planning marketing strategies or something ^_^;;

Edit: Forgot to say, post date has nothing to deal wether it's new or not, it's the same as an official date about a game had been announced, yet the user posted the video because of game-in footage.

I never saw the video and probably won't need too, I have enough Psu knowladge as off now, more would kill me XD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sessilu on 2006-09-07 22:12 ]</font>

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 12:25 AM
They don't need to do more testing for the English version. o_0 There's no difference in the software between the versions except for the language. I'm no game designer, but I assume that localization doesn't generally introduce bugs that weren't present before.

And there's no beta they could perform that would give them more data for troubleshooting than what they're getting from the Japanese servers that are up.

If the localization is done, then they're pretty much just sitting on their hands with the PS2 and PC versions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-07 22:27 ]</font>

Darrell
Sep 8, 2006, 01:55 AM
If if you going on when you join i am doing well, and very bad on posts as you can see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

Tetsuro
Sep 8, 2006, 02:03 AM
I know this is kind of random, but one can usually tell if a release date is solid if the retailers have a set date for the strategy guide (which is set for Oct. 17). This is because most reps don't tell retailers when to set the guide release until they have a very firm idea of when the game itself will be released.

Sessilu
Sep 8, 2006, 07:19 AM
Someone told on a thread already, it's the EU trailer lol.
Fits in a way, mainly because Psu is waiting a november release.

VR_Pilot
Sep 8, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-09-08 05:19, Sessilu wrote:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Can you point me to the source of this info?

ORM-D
Sep 8, 2006, 12:55 PM

Well it makes sense because many EU and NA posters have said many of times that the EU PSU wont be out till sometime in november. I think someone was just missunderstanding the PSU vid/site. But if there was a new realease date i think they would of changed it on the official US PSU site first befor they release the video.

Minswune
Sep 8, 2006, 12:57 PM
On topic, i'd think the site that stated november release date is wrong ;o. Eveywhere has the game slated for october 24th release

Valkayree
Sep 8, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-09-07 17:44, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Since when do post counts matter?

Join day should be more considered if anything.

Hehe, if thats true then Sephiroth you are god of this discussion =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-08 12:22 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Sep 8, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-09-08 10:55, ORM-D wrote:

Well it makes sense because many EU and NA posters have said many of times that the EU PSU wont be out till sometime in november. I think someone was just missunderstanding the PSU vid/site. But if there was a new realease date i think they would of changed it on the official US PSU site first befor they release the video.

Exactly, I would think that if they changed the release to Nov. they would say so on the Official Site before anything else.

tikigod13
Sep 8, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yea in conclusion when it comes down to trusting. Trust Segas offical site instead of a site that i never really heard about before that said it was to be realease in Q2 of this year. Also every where i here or read says its comin out october 24th. November is probobley the realease for EU scince it will probobley take a month for everything to get settled and shiped to EU anyway. The big leap is from JP to NA.

Sessilu
Sep 8, 2006, 04:15 PM
Of course, also think about it, I mean, the guy who spoke on the video sounded Europianly familiar xD.

Anyways yeah, it's pointed through November, the official site says October 24th, it'll STAY at October 24th I beleive, got no possible idea why they might have a delay unless for marketing issues.

They still got pretty much a month to notice the japanese's error and fix it themselves, unless they've done it already.

And VR_Pilot, the thread is around here somewhere, I also posted in it, I think XD