PDA

View Full Version : Naming Guidelines and Preferences

Miphesto
Sep 7, 2006, 07:43 PM
not sure what rules are on naming. but i personally like to have the name i want...but i HATED how you had to send messages in PSO DC, GC, and XBOX...took so long just to send a simple message...

so what do you prefer...

Axios-
Sep 7, 2006, 07:46 PM
I never ran into another Axios, and I wouldn't really care if I did...unless it was a mass group of Axios characters. That would displease me. However, I am quite angry when the name is taken so running into another person or two would be the lesser of two evils, if it even happens. Same named players, but with different IDs for me, please.

RoboKy
Sep 7, 2006, 07:50 PM
I think anyone can have any name, but speaking of trying to send whispers does anyone know if it's unsimple mail again for whispers? I vote same names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoboKy on 2006-09-07 17:50 ]</font>

Miphesto
Sep 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
yeah i get ppl taking mephisto ALOT...on almost every game i play, that's why i always have to settle for miphesto...and i NEVER EVER get a shot at Diablo...which is what i want my name to be...since it is my favorite game series of all time, and also the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 7, 2006, 07:56 PM
Any idea how long and short names can be? Like can i havea 3 letter name

RoboKy
Sep 7, 2006, 08:22 PM
Speaking of simple mail, I just found logs of PSOBB chat in the Sega folder!

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:24 PM
I've never seen another Nilot either, not like its a popular name or nuttin, its my own unique trademark ^_^

phunk
Sep 7, 2006, 09:39 PM
I wish names were kept unique but I suppose it won't matter.

Unless your name is "xxXGokuXxx" or "Sephiroth666", something bland and cliche'.

Aion_Clyuve
Sep 8, 2006, 11:41 AM
I prefer the way PSO/PSU does it because it guarantees that you can have the name you want. I would be very annoyed if Dea de Mortus (latin for goddess of death) was taken when I went to make my female neuman force (can't remember the designation for female characters)

EDIT: for spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aion_Clyuve on 2006-09-08 09:41 ]</font>

Cry0
Sep 8, 2006, 11:43 AM
unique names. i reckon i'm sure no-one will have the same one as me anyway. and be honest, how many sephiroths can we stand running around?

BhabakaBBR
Sep 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
in PSU you will probaly see 100000000000000 Sephiroths...

ORM-D
Sep 8, 2006, 11:58 AM
LOL sephiroths......Heh thats a very common name. I found my name on the side of a moving box. But its unique, no one else that i have ever seen has it. And i have had it ever since jet moto came out on playstation so its very unique.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ORM-D on 2006-09-08 10:00 ]</font>

Tetsuro
Sep 8, 2006, 04:39 PM
I prefer same names and just different IDs, although I've never had Tetsuro taken in an online game, so either way I'll be Tetsuro.

WiLDFiRe
Sep 8, 2006, 04:57 PM
Nothing is worse than making your chaarcter only to have "That name is Unavailable" pop up. Only to play for months and never come across the person with your name, or ever see him/her online if you do a search.

On a side note; one of the things that made PSO so much fun for me was entering a lobby and seeing SSJ3Trunks and Sephiroths by the dozens. Sadly DBZ isn't even a fraction as popular as it was in 2001, but there's loads of Animes that I'm sure we'll see loads of peopel naming themselves after. I'm expecting Naruto names to be the "in" thing.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2006, 09:49 PM
I think there should be same names, I mean, people deserve to be able to name their character whatever they want and not have to add things like numbers or whatever to make their names different from what they want.

Nilot
Sep 8, 2006, 10:01 PM
The anime, 'Bleach' might be the "in" thing for this year though, it was pretty popular at the convention I went to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

At least the hardcore sephiroth lovers will be able to add more similarities to him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif better looking hair, black long coats, the eyes and theres even a voice type -very- simillar to his Kingdom Hearts II voice

Miphesto
Sep 8, 2006, 10:19 PM
my first PSO char EVER was a RaMar named GOKU...because u could make the hair look so much like it...

sephiroth also, is a name that would be awesome, because i, among millions of others, absolutely LOVE everything about ff7...

i can see why those are taken, because so many ppl like em...it just really sucks to me, when someone takes the name you want, and you NEVER EVER see them online, EVER... kinda lame

Kindaichi
Sep 8, 2006, 10:35 PM
FF7...best game of all time!

Forever Zero
Sep 8, 2006, 10:53 PM
I prefer to be able to name my character whatever I want and not have to worry about it being taken. I personally don't like the idea of having a common name tho such as Goku or Sephiroth... but if that's what people want then let 'em have it.

Now here's a question I haven't seen the answer to yet: How many letters can you have in a name on PSU?

Miphesto
Sep 8, 2006, 10:56 PM
i just hope for a simple chat system really....with a keyboard, although i will be using both keyboard, and voice chat

Kindaichi
Sep 8, 2006, 11:23 PM
Ya zero i keep askign thsi question yet no answer.

WiLDFiRe
Sep 9, 2006, 12:04 AM
PSU has a lenght limit on names, not character limit. I have no clue exactly how long a name can be though.