PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Logitech Netplay

trizzie
Sep 7, 2006, 09:27 PM
While playing PSO:BB, I found the controls to be a bit dificult to get around with. (probably because i've been spoiled with WoW's HUD) So I went off to look for a keyboard/ps2 controller all in one. I Eventually found one http://www.us.playstation.com/PS2/Accessories/SLUH-00081
I was wondering if this controller would actually work for PSU. (of course u'd have to change the controls manually) But more specifically I was wondering if it could be plugged into the comp and used in that way.

Any feedback on the topic would be great.

and if worse comes to worse, i'll just have to suck it up and learn/get used to the controls.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:38 PM
They aren't sold in retail stores anymore, I'll tell you that straight off, I've been using one for the past few years, and I'd say that it will function well for quite some time given you take care of it. the controls tend to become loose and the buttons, unresponsive if you overuse it excessively, but it really beats having to switch between a keyboard and a controller.. its even modeled so it will sit snuggly in your lap. 4/5 stars for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif if your ps2 has a working USB port then it will be functional with any games that require typing as well. I've used it for FFXI and Arc the Lad: End of Darkness the only problem I had with it was that the keyboard develops a mind of its own.. for example, you could be standing still and say, you wanna turn to the right to face your buddy, or snuggle with your babycakes, the controller will tend to jerk itself in the other direction and start walking off on its own, resulting in a perfect, repetitive, eternal walking circle, if thats how the cameras gonna work (Given this begins after a year or so hehe)
Its really easy to adjust to as well, and its pretty light. I've been looking for a new one myself, I found someone selling em on ebay, prolly the last retailer around, but problems tend to arise when you purchase them, moving to my next point. Theres a high percentage of them that are DEFECTIVE---------------------- mainly concerning the joystick and the symbol buttons.
If you wanna talk more about it (I could always rant about how much I hate having a broken keyboard) feel free to msg me, itll give me somethin to do..