PDA

View Full Version : New Evangelion Movies

Ether
Sep 7, 2006, 09:29 PM
First of Four Evangelion Movies due out Summer 2007.
According to the October issue of Newtype (Japan) (On sale September 10), four new Evangelion movies are in the works. The four movies will include a prequel, a mid-series movie, a sequel and a "final" movie. The prequel movie is due out early summer 2007.

While the new story will be set during the same time frame as the original TV series, Newtype states that it will be an entirely new project, not be a remake or improvement of any sort. Newtype also mentions that viewers will not need to have already seen previous Evangelion material in order to understand and enjoy the new movies.

Hideaki Anno will write the scenario for the first movie and will be the general director and manager for the entire project. Kazuya Tsurumaki will direct the movies while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will provide character designs and Ikuto Yamashita will provide mechanical designs. Shinji Higuchi will provide storyboards for the first movie.

Khara, a new studio that shares office space with Gainax, was recently set up and is seeking production staff to work on Anno's new project.

Dek
Sep 7, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh snap!

geewj
Sep 7, 2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9464

Polly
Sep 7, 2006, 10:59 PM
4 new movies? a prequel, mid, sequal and "final" movie? a prequel, okay sure, probably having not much to do with the main eva characters. a mid? maybe dealing with events only referenced in the main narrative? "The Myster of Eva 4"? sounds like a spin off, but let's hope its a frasier and not a joey. and a sequal? And how can you contemplate a sequal. the abstract nature of EoE's ending made it great! i can't begin to imagine a "final" eva movie. But as someone who condemned gainax's attempt to sequal, what i thought, was the unsequalable Gunbuster and has been blissfully proven wrong, i have hope that gianax can do something great and new with an existing expectation without trampling on precedents.

Dek
Sep 7, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-09-07 20:59, Triela wrote:
And how can you contemplate a sequal. the abstract nature of EoE's ending made it great! i can't begin to imagine a "final" eva movie.

Maybe just another alternative ending http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Ether
Sep 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
I thought the series ending was fairly vauge, but I didn't mind as my conclusion made sense pretaining to the story. The movie was clearer (the story wasn't as deep IMHO) though it left a lot of people on the edge.

If neither the series nor the movie (EoE) told you the end then, maybe you overrate yourself. I mean, I understood the entire plot and the film as a conclusion when I was 13 and picked up on the conclusion to the series when last time I saw it (5 months ago, age 14.).

Deathscythealpha
Sep 8, 2006, 05:13 AM
The idea is interesting and im sure Gainex can pull it off. With the mid story movie im wondering if they will bring the spin off games into the canon (Girlfriend of Steal/Iron Maiden could fit nicely into things). And im hoping for some really sexy designs from Sadamoto *Drools over his copy of 'Der Mond'*

Oh, and im going to have to say this has been the most civil thread ive seen about the new Eva movies (Seen some references as 'The Rebuild of Evangelion'). Most other topics have degenerated into 'I hate Evangelion/Dragonball Z/Inu Yasha/Naruto/Cool to Hate Anime', so this thread gets a thumbs up for being civil. Is it really worhty of FKL though?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 8, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-09-07 21:14, Ether wrote:
If neither the series nor the movie (EoE) told you the end then, maybe you overrate yourself. I mean, I understood the entire plot and the film as a conclusion when I was 13 and picked up on the conclusion to the series when last time I saw it (5 months ago, age 14.).

When I was 13 I understood DBZ.

When I was 16 I couldn't stand DBZ or understand why now 13 year olds liked DBZ.

DizzyDi
Sep 8, 2006, 07:20 PM
Sounds like Xenosaga, I bet they fhk up the 2nd one, get the 3rd one right but don't make the 4th one.

Dek
Sep 8, 2006, 10:54 PM
In the meantime, the Angelic Days manga is awsome

Ether
Sep 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
The next question is who will license it for the US? ADV, Manga, FUNimation or Geneon? Then where will it air: Toonami, Adult Swim or another network?

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
I really hope that the people in this topic complaining how Eva is being milked aren't the same people who complain that both the TV ending and movie ending are too confusing. I see this not only as more Eva goodness, but to clear up more questions that everyone still has. Opinions and speculations were fun but I think seeing these questions answered finally will be even more exciting.