PDA

View Full Version : Server Status?

jstroh
Sep 7, 2006, 09:01 PM
red message across the top then boom http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ether
Sep 7, 2006, 09:03 PM
Maintenence until 1am EST

jstroh
Sep 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
lmfao Maintenance... well at least the US release will probably be smooth.

Nilot
Sep 7, 2006, 09:09 PM
~probably~ its only the beginning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif mmmm extra mode is sounding pretty good right now ;x

Numnuttz
Sep 7, 2006, 09:16 PM
yea i wouldnt be surprised if the US version had bugs in it as well. you just never know whats going to pop up in online games such as these.

Axios-
Sep 7, 2006, 09:17 PM
What's wrong with maintenance? Wasn't this one scheduled anyways? I like hearing that there's maintenence. It means that there's, well, maintenance!

vitius137
Sep 7, 2006, 09:19 PM
Wonder what they're maintenancing (lol, words)

A2K
Sep 7, 2006, 09:35 PM
The servers are equipped with State/Maintenance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

LoneVandal
Sep 7, 2006, 11:54 PM
Is it up right now? I found the way into it, but it just sits there for a few minutes and eventually gives me what I can only assume to be an "error" messge followed by "try again / give up" options.

This is after I've registered with Segalink and registered PSU. I can get into the Story Mode.

Cross
Sep 7, 2006, 11:56 PM
They should be coming up right about now. Try to get on to beat the rush; that's probably the best you can do. See "crisis of PSU" or some of the other threads about the servers for the current situation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Inazuma
Sep 8, 2006, 12:10 AM
hmm, i dont know if the servers are even up rite now. sigh

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 12:10 AM
I see. Thanks ;_;

So when it just sits there it is trying to access the login server? Cause I don't even get a chance to input my Segalink ID.

Cross
Sep 8, 2006, 12:12 AM
The official site just updated to say that it's going to be another 15 minutes. It's hard to say whether you'll have better luck then, really.

Edit: Oh, hrm. Misread that a bit. You should be able to get to the screen where you enter your ID and Password. The one after that will give you trouble though, as it starts looking for the patch server (and eventually gives up).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-07 22:16 ]</font>

Polly
Sep 8, 2006, 12:13 AM
I guess the maintenence got extended to 14:30.

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 12:15 AM
BTW I'm in Korea. Anyone else here want to buddy up to play in this time zone?

mike23z
Sep 8, 2006, 12:30 AM
hurray back on

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 12:35 AM
lol error 51. I guess from the other thread that just means I'm stuck while the server is being flooded?

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 12:36 AM
what the hell. I just got an error code 60 complete with "Segalink ID" mentioned multiple times. I don't get it. I already registered my game code.

uhawww
Sep 8, 2006, 12:48 AM
Wow. This is the thrid time I've gotten online within 5 attempts.

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 12:53 AM
I've seen the Terms of Use agreement twice now. Both times I hit "enter" and get a new error code and get booted out.

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 01:01 AM
oh shit I'm in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Quick, how do I become an RA?

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 01:03 AM
More importantly, how do I find all of you?

mike23z
Sep 8, 2006, 01:13 AM
if anyone wants to find me if u can send messages and such my chars name is goesch right now i'm on universe 4 headed to the weapon shop

Kyuu
Sep 8, 2006, 01:15 AM
o_o Triple post.

First thing you should find out is how to use that edit button at the bottom of your posts. Then you can worry about getting online. =P

LoneVandal
Sep 8, 2006, 01:35 AM
What matters at this point is finding someone to play with :| I have no idea what I'm doing now that I made a Cast.

Dark_Heal_v2
Sep 8, 2006, 01:39 AM
I think they have fixed the servers (hopefully), I just got online with my first try. (3:38pm JP Time)

Ryoga4523
Sep 8, 2006, 01:54 AM
I envy all of you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowNeo
Sep 8, 2006, 03:37 AM
I'm hanging at the login, are servers down?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 8, 2006, 03:39 AM
Yep they're down again....
Scheduled to go back online at 20:00 JST... Which'll probably be all good until they need to do the next emergency maintenance a few hours later XD

ShadowNeo
Sep 8, 2006, 03:41 AM
thanks, just noticed the error 38 ^ ^;

How far away is 20.00 JST?

Ether
Sep 8, 2006, 03:43 AM
2 hours 15 minutes I think

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 8, 2006, 03:43 AM
2 hours and 20 minutes.

Spellbinder
Sep 8, 2006, 03:44 AM
20:00 JST = 8 pm JST = 7 AM EST

jstroh
Sep 8, 2006, 10:50 AM
can anyone log in?

Valkayree
Sep 8, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-09-07 19:35, A2K wrote:
The servers are equipped with State/Maintenance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Lmao!

Dark_Heal_v2
Sep 8, 2006, 12:37 PM
I couldn't login an hour ago (common error 51), but I just got in on first try again.

There are still server problems, at least the seriousness is lightening up quite a bit.

-STE-
Sep 8, 2006, 01:25 PM
Now is late in jp you can log in , at evening and early night is very hard log in,,,

DarkShadowX
Sep 8, 2006, 02:54 PM
Well it seems Sept. 9 11:00 to 14:00 JST they're doing another maintenance on the servers, so play while you can.

Saner
Sep 8, 2006, 07:18 PM
not just maintenance right? they gotta add more servers so there's more room to fit more ppl at once.

Dhylec
Sep 8, 2006, 07:38 PM
OK, let's use this thread as a sticky for the status/situation of the servers.. for now.

Ether
Sep 8, 2006, 09:42 PM
September 9th (10:45)
This day we have planned, as follows you modify temporary server maintenance time.

Maintenance predetermined timeSeptember 9th (Saturday) 14:00 - 17:00
---
Aka they should be going down again at 1am EST

mike23z
Sep 9, 2006, 12:08 AM
hope they arent down today for another 3hrs? if so i'ma go to sleep

Unknown_PC
Sep 9, 2006, 03:19 AM
As expected, maintenance extended by 1 hour.

http://202.51.7.36/news/wis/?mode=view&id=55

Servers expected to be up at around 18:00 +9 GMT now

Edit : Up now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-09 02:20 ]</font>

mike23z
Sep 9, 2006, 11:43 AM
are the servers down or is there just way to many people on that i cant get in? i'm gettin NO.51

Mewn
Sep 9, 2006, 11:45 AM
Servers are up, but it's difficult to login, Error 51 is, for now, sadly pretty normal.

Tystys
Sep 9, 2006, 11:52 AM
Well, it's official. Game went from retail to beta, lmao. Good luck importers.

Dark_Heal_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
I managed to login in 1 try this morning, but right now is Saturday weekend night, so everyone will be banging hard on the servers.

The game is indeed pretty fun now that I have a chance to play it even understanding only 20% of the language.

DarkShadowX
Sep 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
Just checked http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/important/ to see about any new news and it seems another Temp. Maintenence will be done Sept. 10 at 11:00-14:00.

mike23z
Sep 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
what time is that by est or jp?

watashiwa
Sep 10, 2006, 12:10 AM
It was s'posed to be over 10 minutes ago. It looks like it has been extended because even the patch server is still down.

Just be patient, ya'll/.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 10, 2006, 12:27 AM
Getting No.051 now, guess maintenance is finished for now.

mike23z
Sep 10, 2006, 12:43 AM
its back up

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 01:21 AM
Is anyone really back online? Seriously, it seems like I have to memorize who is REALLY playing this game on these boards and who is full of stories and wishes and gumdrops. You know who you are. Like when a simple question like, "Can anyone get in their house?" turns into 2 people jumping up and down raising their hands "Ohh ohhh look at me, of course you can get in when the game comes out, it's YOUR house after all! I love games! I don't actually have the import but I'm gonna answer every question asked on here as if I have it but instead of real answers I will answer with what I wish and hope is in the game and did I mention I really have no clue but I read a lot on the internets ok bye!"

*sigh* I really needed to say that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but fer cryin out loud, if a game specific question is asked, it's prolly best to let the people playing it answer.

But what was the question again? Oh yeah, can anyone get online right now? The server is back up in theory, but just want to know for sure, so I can stop pressing circle 800 times. Thanks. =)

mike23z
Sep 10, 2006, 01:32 AM
ya i got on. took about a million tries but its up.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 01:34 AM
thanks, I am pressing the button forever, pretty soon chapter 8 calls me though.

Guntz348
Sep 10, 2006, 02:29 AM
I got on after a few trys but stupid question, what universe and where are all the PSOW people meeting up at? I need importer friends and cards =P

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 02:57 AM
I am in. I would love to play with some nice people. One of the US people on here came in a game with me took all the rares and left... JERK STORE CALLED they are ALL OUT OF YOU. =)

But seriously, I have only ever seen that one guy on Universe 5, and I always just go wherever I land. If anyone wants to meet up with me let me know, I will be on Universe 23.

mechatra
Sep 10, 2006, 07:11 AM
Trying to log on for the first time ever right now.
Getting lots of error 051's.

I'm assuming I just need to keep trying right?

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 07:13 AM
On 2006-09-10 05:11, mechatra wrote:
Trying to log on for the first time ever right now.
Getting lots of error 051's.

I'm assuming I just need to keep trying right?

Yeah, just keep try and you'll get through.......... eventually.

mechatra
Sep 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks ^_^

I just needed some reassurance.

Rivercrab
Sep 11, 2006, 12:02 AM
And we're down again till 18:00 server time...

Was just seconds from beating a mission too. Red message of DOOM! XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rivercrab on 2006-09-10 22:04 ]</font>

mike23z
Sep 11, 2006, 01:07 AM
most people play on universe 5. or so thats what i've seen. and what time est is that for the maitanence that is.

Dark_Heal_v2
Sep 11, 2006, 04:16 AM
servers are back up

Cross
Sep 11, 2006, 05:11 AM
The servers are up, logging in is actually pretty easy despite it being Japanese primetime (as in, less than ten tries in my last dozen or so attempts to get in). However, My Room is so fucked that I've had to log in a dozen times in less than an hour, because I get an Error 57 instantly every time I go in.

farplaner
Sep 11, 2006, 06:47 AM
Well damn, error 51 for me now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Guntz348
Sep 11, 2006, 08:32 AM
This is like worse then trying to get onto AOL with my lightning fast 28.8 modem back in the mid 90's =P

DarkShadowX
Sep 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
Well they just put on the Important Info section, that they're gonna perform another maintenence tomorrow to fix the "My Room" problem, the time of the maintenence is not yet scheduled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-11 06:46 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 11, 2006, 09:54 PM
So that would be maintenance sometime on the 13th, Nihon Local Time?

Guntz348
Sep 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
Servers are down now at 14:00 JPN time. I was just on and saw the announcment, and then got kicked off. This was 5 pm HST, which would make it 11 pm EST. Hopefully this will only last a few hours.

Niki
Sep 11, 2006, 10:47 PM
So the scheduled (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/important/notice_id_11.html) maintenance started late?

mechatra
Sep 12, 2006, 11:10 AM
So I'm guessing the servers are down atm for maintenance? All I'm getting is error 51's and rarely I get through for about half a minute to get a error 52 : P

Kaply
Sep 12, 2006, 11:24 AM
That 14:00 jpn time was supposed to be when it comes back up(1am EST). I was able to log in and play around 5-6am EST.

DarkShadowX
Sep 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well just checked the site again and if the translation I got is right, it seems they are planning a maintenence for Sept.14 at 19:00 and they hope to finish by Sept.15 at 15:00. The reason for this long maintenence is because they are installing a new server. Here's a google translation, if someone can provide a better one then please do so.

PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE official sight

Network mode management official sight of up-to-date work “[huantashisutayunibasu]” of the Sega original RPG series “[huantashisuta]”.
About [huantashisutayunibasusaba] addition correspondence

We apply very annoyance and worry in everyone of everyone of the user and the authorized personnel with the various obstacles which after starting the network service occur, there is no excuse truly. We apologize from heart.

So far, as cause pursuit and investigation of the obstacle which becomes hindrance of network service are done it started executing server addition, but the circumstance which receives the opinion that the game play which even presently login it is not possible, stabilizes is not possible, is continued.

Receiving this kind of situation, when this each time, furthermore it increases the server, it did the server addition which accompanies the addition of the new 'world', the fact that the environment where simultaneously, it assures the drastic improvement of situation and is equal to everyone of the user and utilization can receive network service is constructed as a purpose, to endeavor to circumstance improvement.

Concretely, it directs to the end of test use of service and 'installs world 2 and' ('world 1' making redefine, it receives the former world), to be equal to everyone of the user the place where you offer the environment which utilization, it can receive network service it is existence. No soldier/finishing, that it can receive understanding, we ask may.

Furthermore, placing after the test use ending, according to promise heretofore you execute concerning the free service period extension to 10 ends of the month.

'Play method and additional schedule of the world which is installed anew' are as follows.
About the addition of the new 'world which accompanies server addition'

The offer of smoother game play environment as a purpose, new making 'the addition of the world execute,' we decided that it receives. Because of this, the stress which is in the midst of game playing is lightened and as the play environment which is stabilized is guaranteed, those which can do improvement concerning the circumstance which cannot be connected to the server we have supposed.
In order (however, to increase the server gradually, 20 o'clock concerning the congestion time zone at the time and the like of the ~24 it is supposed to completion of addition. that the circumstance which still login to the game is difficult happens)
'Additional of world' and play method

'The world' becomes the world where each one becomes independent completely. 'In world' between it is not possible to scramble communication, it is possible to select, but in the degree which login is done login it does in which 'world'.

In addition, one account (SEGA link ID and the password) with, 'in the world' every it is possible to 4 bodies to draw up the character data. 'World 2' the character data which is registered to opening is retained 'in world 1', but 'in world 2' login by the fact that you do, it is possible to draw up the character of 4 bodies and the total 8 bodies anew.

The one where we would like to start new and, from as for the one where we would like to raise Sawayama's character, 'we would like you to enjoy the play at of the world 2 which is established anew' know.
Future schedule

September 14th (wood) 19: 00~15 day (gold) 15: 00 extended men tenses
Periodic maintenance schedule is modified and expansion correspondence is done.
September 15th (gold)
As it ends test use, it is the schedule which installs the world and reopens service.
It continues late after the September according to circumstance and starts examining server addition.

It is as follows concerning the correspondence circumstance lapse and cause recognition of former trouble.
Corresponding circumstance of existing trouble

Corresponding circumstance of the trouble which is continued from sale day intermittently
Concerning the below-mentioned trouble, we corrected at 9/11 point in time

* The problem which the character writes and substitutes
* The problem which the character data winds and returns
* The problem where the lock of the character data is not cancelled long haul

The trouble which is in the midst of corresponding

* The problem which login it is not possible
* The problem which cannot be moved to the my room

About the source of trouble

Cause of the trouble which occurs so far has specified above supposing those due to the overflow of the database server with the fact that access concentrates. Originating in this, when writing the character data it substitutes, the winding return occurs, we spread to the trouble of the my room server simultaneously. It started doing the correspondence with program level and the addition correspondence and everyday maintenance execution of the server in order to evade this, but in the circumstance where the access which exceeds everyday that is continued, still drastic improvement of environment had not assured. Therefore, 'the new establishment of the world' in present stage, it executed, to assure the drastic improvement of circumstance.

As soon as possible, feeling at rest in everyone of the user, it starts endeavoring to the construction of the environment which you can utilize.
Network management sight top page
To SEGA official sight

The fact that it duplicates and reprints regardless of everything such as the document illustration photograph which is published to this site is prohibited

(C) SEGA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-12 10:28 ]</font>

mechatra
Sep 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
Wehay I finally got on! I now exsist in the Phantasy star universe : P

Now to start lvling.

farplaner
Sep 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
btw, I was able to enter my room 4 times in a row in my first try today. I think they've finally fixed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GaijinPUnch
Sep 12, 2006, 09:43 PM
Where were you entering from? I went in twice today by walking into the room, but trying form one of the cube things on other planets, it has always frozen.

Niki
Sep 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
From what I experienced last night, the tutorials have been restored. That is, all of my Lv1 characters to that point never had one. After I rerolled a couple, I started off in My Room, was able to leave, and re-enter. I only tried to re-enter twice, and one of those times there was a serious hang-up [about 80 seconds], but ultimately everything loaded. Also, during one of the tutorials i got Error Code 52.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I would call the My Room situation a fix. More like a jury-rig.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:11 AM
Are we down again? I got booted with an error 52 and now I am 51ing all over town.

Unknown_PC
Sep 13, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-09-12 22:11, Number6 wrote:
Are we down again? I got booted with an error 52 and now I am 51ing all over town.

Yeah, another maintenance from 14:00~17:00 +9 GMT

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=67

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thank you sir. Back to offline mode.

farplaner
Sep 13, 2006, 06:46 AM
I always enter from the cubes. This morning tho, I couldn't get in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (jp primetime makes a difference I guess)

mechatra
Sep 14, 2006, 12:01 PM
Are the servers down atm? I'm getting non-stop 51's
Im getting the feeling I may be having connection issues.

Hydra632
Sep 14, 2006, 12:04 PM
I can't even log on. It stalls at the connection screen and gives me error no.38. No idea what it is.

watashiwa
Sep 14, 2006, 12:06 PM
No.38 means the server is DOWN.

EDIT: lol, I'm so wrong, I read this website with the local Osaka time AM as PM.. anyway.. it's only 02:50am now.. it's going to be done at 15:00.. so.. uh.. from the time of this edit.. 12 hours and 10 minutes are left for maintenance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-14 10:51 ]</font>

DreamTonight
Sep 14, 2006, 01:22 PM
Today Sega is adding a new server (World 2) and because this the server (World 1) is still down until tomorrow! I can't wait lol

Unknown_PC
Sep 15, 2006, 01:53 AM
Maintenance extended by 5 hours, servers expected to be up at around 20:00 +9 GMT

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=69

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 05:16 AM
On 2006-09-14 23:53, Unknown_PC wrote:
Maintenance extended by 5 hours, servers expected to be up at around 20:00 +9 GMT

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=69

Cheers for that!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 06:16 AM
And it got delayed yet again...

A2K
Sep 15, 2006, 06:49 AM
No update on the site, either. Hopefully that means it won't be too much of an extended delay.

Edit: Whoop, spoke too soon. Looks like another two hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-15 04:54 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 15, 2006, 07:28 AM
What Sega needs to start doing is overestimating server downtime for maintenance. They've underestimated on a consistent basis, and all it's doing is pissing everyone off because it gets people's hopes up. If they overestimate and get things finished before their own established deadline, they're really not going to get anyone upset.

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 07:33 AM
WHY DO THEY DENY ME OF GAMING GOODNESS!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:01 AM
Well maintenance is over now, but it appears the patch server is kinda overloaded atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DreamTonight
Sep 15, 2006, 08:11 AM
Easier connecting to World 1 now?

Hydra632
Sep 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
I can't connect to world 1 yet. Lots of no.51's.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:16 AM
No... And seriously, who but the newest of PSUer's would want to start all over on World 2 anyway?
All this maintenance has done is added an extra step where you can get a totally new error (No.021), joy.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
I login after the maintenance which will supposedly fix the problems. What happens? All kinds of errors, but mainly the same one (51) that prevents you from getting on b/c the servers are too busy I realize people are hammering now to get in (this wouldn't have happened had they finished at 15:00), but it still doesn't put me at ease.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:20 AM
You didn't unlock the new bonus (No.021) that Sega put into this new maintenance? XD

Hydra632
Sep 15, 2006, 08:24 AM
I just asked a friend to translate what no.021 means and I think it just says "patch file downloaded".

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
It means the opposite... Why would downloading the patch file give an error? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Anyway, this brilliant solution of theirs does nothing to alleviate the fact that their already overloaded server is getting overloaded again.

Hydra632
Sep 15, 2006, 08:30 AM
Er yeah, downloading, my goof on the typo. Very frustrating that its so overloaded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'd give it a couple hours.
8pm was probably the absolute worst time to reopen the servers...

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 08:32 AM
I did!! And I passed it to get the next bonus error 52.............................

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:36 AM
Haha, man you're so lucky! XD Any No.038 yet? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh and they were supposed to reopen at 8PM, but in fact they did get delayed *again* until 10PM... Being a friday night isn't going to help much either.

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 08:36 AM
I'm noticing that I'm consistantly getting past the initial server response, then failing at the SegaLink verify.
Probably because everyone and their grandmother is downloading the patch...

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2006, 08:41 AM
You're lucky then... I've only managed to get the SEGALINK verify like once or twice out of my entire Enter-mashing spree...

GaijinPUnch
Sep 15, 2006, 08:47 AM
I got the #52 error twice... one time it actually dragged me on for a good 20 seconds... damnit. I'm hitting the sack. The #21 error boggles my mind. Why does it "fail to download patch" when it doesn't need to? Classic Sega.

edhangup
Sep 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
Why da fuck are we home trying to get into the server on a goddamn friday night... I guess we all get nowhere else better to go...

I am starting a new FO Newman on server #2... If I can beat all 3 big bosses... Lamia21, 51 & 52...

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 08:57 AM
Woot!!
Got error No60!!
Gotta catch them all!!

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 09:05 AM
Unf.
World 2 online get.
Made new character "Synne".
At least online, everything is running smooth as silk.

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, you are merely selecting which World to login to.

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 09:14 AM
.............getting late...........need sleep...............
I guess Ill try next time.
One question is the message asking you to select which server your old character you want to be tranfered ?, or is it just choose server. So choosing World 2 I would have to make a new charcter..........I hope this makes sense, to tired to write properly...

Cross
Sep 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
So their brilliant plan to resolve the handful of remaining minor server problems was apparently... To add more server problems. It was easier to log on two days ago than it is now.

Lyrise
Sep 15, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, it didn't take a network engineer/admin to tell anyone that this wouldn't fix the login problems at all, given the stupid diagram they showed. All it just did was double the strain, since it's still one server handling the SegaLink info, but for twice as many servers.

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'd wait 24 hours before we determine whether or not the issue was resolved.
They opened the servers at the height of Primetime on a Friday.
There were most likely thousands of people sitting at their PCs and PS2 waiting to the maintenance end announcement...

I know I'm ever the optimist, but let's let the fires settle.

Hydra632
Sep 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
Well World 2 is easy to connect to now, still no luck with World 1.

the_importer_
Sep 15, 2006, 11:12 AM
Jesus Christ, how many people are playing this game anyway, both worlds (100 Universes) are full, error 51 !

mechatra
Sep 15, 2006, 11:15 AM
^ you just wait till world 3 and 4 >_<

the_importer_
Sep 15, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-09-15 09:15, mechatra wrote:
^ you just wait till world 3 and 4 >_<

Worst part is that it may end up like this.

BTW, what the hell is Error 52 ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: the_importer_ on 2006-09-15 09:18 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 15, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-09-15 09:12, the_importer_ wrote:
Jesus Christ, how many people are playing this game anyway, both worlds (100 Universes) are full, error 51 !

Actually, it appears there are only 36 Universes active in each WARUDO right now. More total than before, I suppose...

watashiwa
Sep 15, 2006, 05:10 PM
The No. 51 error has nothing to do with the amount of worlds they add to the server or how many people are currently playing.

As it's been stated before, the No. 51 error is due to the number of simultaneous people attempting to log in at the same time. The SegaLink server can only handle so many people attempting to login and retrieve their character data... the only way the No. 51 error will be resolved is to create multiple login servers to process and off-load requests from the current one or reconstruct how people log in entirely. (Redoing the whole authentication system and redistributing another executable)

All you can do for now is hammer the server or wait until less people are trying to log in.

Hydra632
Sep 15, 2006, 06:03 PM
Well everything seems to have settled down for now, login's seem to go through instantly now.

uhawww
Sep 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-09-15 15:10, watashiwa wrote:
As it's been stated before, the No. 51 error is due to the number of simultaneous people attempting to log in at the same time. The SegaLink server can only handle so many people attempting to login and retrieve their character data... the only way the No. 51 error will be resolved is to create multiple login servers to process and off-load requests from the current one or reconstruct how people log in entirely. (Redoing the whole authentication system and redistributing another executable)

If I'm interpreting the redesign correctly, it's as if they simply cloned the SegaLink server, since the SegaLink verification, Character data Storage, and My Room Information is all handled by the same cluster.

Cross
Sep 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
Well, this sure seems like an awesome idea so far. The login server is still boned during peak hours, and still perfect when the Japanese are asleep, My Room is still usually accessible, but it still has long wait times where you look at a black screen for minutes before loading in.

The only difference now is that the game's population is split up, now during peak hours you have to deal with Error 52 as well as good old Error 51, and My Room crashes every half-hour or so.

watashiwa
Sep 15, 2006, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just one login server still. =P If I get unlazy, I'll reinstall Ethereal on this machine and check out which IP addresses it goes to when authenticating to both worlds.. (Unless netstat will do the job for me..)

Saner
Sep 15, 2006, 11:22 PM
waaaaa they gotta fix this and teach SOA the ropes so that it doesnt take this long to smoothen things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hydra632
Sep 16, 2006, 12:44 AM
Log on errors galore back in action as the Japanese populace awakes.

TheStoicOne
Sep 16, 2006, 12:47 AM
lol! He thinks they sleep. I pee'd a little.

mechatra
Sep 16, 2006, 08:55 AM
Anyone else on World 2 at the moment?
World one's error 51+52 locked up, so I've made a new char on world 2, so if anyones looking to party up?

Parn
Sep 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah. I've been playing World 2 since it opened. World 1 isn't worth the hassle of fighting to get in.

mechatra
Sep 16, 2006, 09:53 AM
Where abouts are you Parn?

I'll assume you're out on Parum? universe 5?

Parn
Sep 16, 2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, Universe 5. I'll see if I can meet up with you.

A2K
Sep 17, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-09-15 20:16, watashiwa wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's just one login server still. =P If I get unlazy, I'll reinstall Ethereal on this machine and check out which IP addresses it goes to when authenticating to both worlds.. (Unless netstat will do the job for me..)

No, I'm pretty sure it's two. The moment you hit "Enter" on the sign-in screen you're presented with a choice of World 1 or 2. I imagine it's waiting for you to determine which login server to forward it to? That's just based on its behavior, though, netstat might reveal something different.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
Sigh, World 1 is having a party with error 51 and 52.

mechatra
Sep 17, 2006, 10:34 AM
Kou most of us have moved onto World 2 - universe 5.
World 1 isn't worth the hassle it takes to log on.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 17, 2006, 04:31 PM
Aye, I created another character on World 2, incase World 1 goes down.

ulyoth
Sep 17, 2006, 04:35 PM
World 1 was fine for me just.

Hydra632
Sep 18, 2006, 02:18 AM
Any idea what error no.38 is? Can't seem to log in at the moment.

Cross
Sep 18, 2006, 02:25 AM
The servers are down for another hour and a half (give or take a few minutes) for maintenance.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 02:34 AM
(give or take a few minutes)

Yes, a few, meaning somewhere between 60 to 180.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 18, 2006, 04:03 AM
What do you know, they actually finished on time.
Now to get past No.051 hell...

Hydra632
Sep 18, 2006, 04:03 AM
Servers are back up. Have fun logging in though.

mechatra
Sep 18, 2006, 04:15 AM
On 2006-09-18 02:03, Hydra632 wrote:
Servers are back up. Have fun logging in though.

World 2 for the win. Clearly.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 06:11 AM
Yeah, was surprised they finished on time this time. I got in (relatively) quickly.

mechatra: You do know your sig is the Japanese version of Engrish, right? What white folks generally laugh at hysterically.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 18, 2006, 06:41 AM
I do believe they're meant to be song lyrics from... A certain anime opening... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 09:29 AM
A certain anime opening...

I'm definitely lost then.

EDIT: I see part of this maintenence was to change some item making success rates. I saw mine went up... I thought it's b/c my PM transformed. No?

They also say they fixed the My Room and Login problems. They seem worse now to me. Can anyone else complain?

EDIT: Mother fucker. I'm getting error 52's now when it tries to load my data. Never had that before. Way to go Sega.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-18 07:41 ]</font>

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 18, 2006, 09:43 AM
That would depend on the type of item you were trying to create, and the evolution type of your PM, right? I know the Armor success rate didn't go up by when I leveled the POW to evolve my PM to the next level.

And yes, No.057, 051, 052, 038s everywhere... Don't know what they really fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

'ano hoshi no youni' < *Asterisk/Bleach O.o

mechatra
Sep 18, 2006, 12:27 PM
10 points to Lina for the Orange range reference.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
ummm like they arent gonna fully fix it until October it seems.

wait is World 2 up yet? hmmm maybe things will get better in Octobervwhen they reset everything.

Sev
Sep 18, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:27, Saner wrote:
ummm like they arent gonna fully fix it until October it seems.

wait is World 2 up yet? hmmm maybe things will get better in Octobervwhen they reset everything.

They never said they were resetting anything. They were only going to reset if the same problems happened with character swapping and such... Since right now it's mainly login problems, they have no reason to rollback.

I was actually thinking that when they decided to put world 2 up, they would switch characters around and place some on World 2 but I guess that didn't happen. And I'm pretty sure not many people would be happy about that anyway... It seems that World 2 doesn't have the same problems as World 1 right now. At least I don't see anyone saying so... So it's likely it's still more of the same problem, too many people on World 1.

When I think about it though... I'm not sure how many people they have logged on per WoW server before it's starts Queing you. And I doubt there's more if even 10,000 on any one FFXI server.

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 03:45 PM
Regarding FFXI servers, there's an average of 4300 people on the Leviathan Server, at best 5000. Though since PSU came out, the average is 2200 now, ha.

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 09:23 AM
I think it's funny that I met someone in game who was playing both ffxi and PSU at the same time >.>

farplaner
Sep 19, 2006, 05:45 PM
Did the servers just die? It's Tuesday 6:44pm EST at the moment. I was in the middle of a mission and got disconnected, now can't even get through the "looking for patches" state...

farplaner
Sep 19, 2006, 05:47 PM
nvm, I just got back online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 AM
they'll have things fixed by next month http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 20, 2006, 05:17 PM
Not if they keep coming up with crazy ideas like adding more worlds and forcing people to remake their characters just to lighten server load...

Number6
Sep 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
are we down again? error 51.

Number6
Sep 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
I hate you. Down every time I want to play. This time til 6:00 AM EST. Whee.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 01:52 AM
Maintenance extended until 19:00 JST -- midnight for me.

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 02:01 AM
I will never puzzle out Sega's maintenance practices. Most companies do this sort of shit at like 2 AM on a monday morning, but no, Sega tries to pull this shit a few hours before everyone gets off work, then SURPRISE, extended.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 21, 2006, 02:07 AM
Extended maintenance a surprise?
Isn't it what you're meant to expect? Delays, delays, and more delays?
And then when the servers finally go up, expect yet another emergency maintenance 2 hours down the line?

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 04:11 AM
Sega tries to pull this shit a few hours before everyone gets off work, then SURPRISE, extended.

Nobody gets off work at 19:00 in Japan. Even the ones that do aren't home until 20:30.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 05:11 AM
Servers up. Error 51 hell.

Hydra632
Sep 21, 2006, 05:22 AM
So what exactly was done in this maintence, and what did I just end up having to download?

Ether
Sep 21, 2006, 05:25 AM
On 2006-09-21 03:22, Hydra632 wrote:
So what exactly was done in this maintence, and what did I just end up having to download?

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/important/notice_id_23.html

Something about 5* crafting and status effects on monsters

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 05:37 AM
ORZ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Lightbreaker> scrolling message
<Lightbreaker> ;o
<Kaen> lol
<Kaen> server going down
<Kaen> in 1min
<Alisha> LMAO!

Hydra632
Sep 21, 2006, 05:37 AM
Ok, servers back down?

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 05:38 AM
Yep. I just got booted.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 05:41 AM
Another hour and a half (scheduled). We all know how that goes.

Hydra632
Sep 21, 2006, 07:01 AM
Servers are back up and I miraculously logged in on my first try.

Spellbinder
Sep 22, 2006, 09:38 AM
World 1 hates me -_- lots of 51's and 52's. World 2 is just fine though.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 22, 2006, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one that can't get in? I'm getting some type of DNS error, yet I can surf the net just fine.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
It's my fucking internet. There's a lot of sites I can't resolve. Great.... my Saturday fucked. I'll have to do something productive now.

Lovejuice
Sep 22, 2006, 01:24 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it now - it was a connectivity issue thing with the internet on my end. Go /ipconfig flushdns!

EDIT 2: Also, World 1 seems to be letting me in with not much trouble at all tonight. Woo, time to re-roll my Cast!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-22 11:54 ]</font>

EJ
Sep 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
nevermind found out that they stop the server for the sega ID link but then how would I be able to play offline then if I have to make a segalink ID?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-09-25 12:31 ]</font>

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
i dont http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

watashiwa
Sep 25, 2006, 03:15 PM
Well, for the October 5th maintenance, they will be taking down Segalink as well.. they usually don't take down Segalink during maintenance and you can always play offline.. it's only the October 5th maintenance that will be different. (Most likely because of the server optimizations for Segalink ID accessing they spoke of..)

October 5th's is the only maintenance, so far, where Story/Extra mode will not be accessible to users of the PC version of the game. Playstation 2 users will be able to play Story/Extra mode still, no problem.

A2K
Sep 25, 2006, 08:11 PM
It seems the servers have gone down just now as well. For what reason I could not be certain. There was a message just before they went down, but there doesn't appear to be an update about it on the JP site right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-25 18:14 ]</font>

uhawww
Sep 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
Edit:

Oh duh...

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=82

SEGAlink server Maint.
At least 2 Hours of downtime.
Because this is Segalink maint, not just online servers, At any point in time Windows Story/Extra Mode may not be able to authenticate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-25 18:24 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 25, 2006, 08:23 PM
Eh? I thought that maintenance wasn't until Oct. 5th or so?

Edit: I can get into Story Mode just fine?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-25 18:24 ]</font>

uhawww
Sep 25, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-09-25 18:23, A2K wrote:
Eh? I thought that maintenance wasn't until Oct. 5th or so?

This is just a short one.
Evidentally, this deals with manually extending the trial periods (enabling the extra free month, so to speak) for those who registered before the initial server stoppage.

Edit: I can get into Story Mode just fine?

For now, as I was able to as well, however, it may fail to authenticate at some point, according to the announcement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-25 18:28 ]</font>

uhawww
Sep 26, 2006, 12:54 PM
FYI:

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/important/20060926/

This Update to the public Network Mode Announcement solidfies October 5th (after the extended maintenance) as the official "relaunch" of network mode.
It also, once again, goes through a brief desciption of the original problem, the addition of the World 2, and the plans detailed for the extended Maintenance starting on the 4th.

As far as it stands, there will not be a character wipe, so people can give that a rest and stop speculating.

mechatra
Sep 26, 2006, 01:28 PM
Dammit uhawww!
Get your ass on PSU, I feel like a Shikon - Hakura run.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

uhawww
Sep 26, 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm at work right now.
Won't be outta here for another 5 hours...

SoujiSeta
Sep 27, 2006, 02:39 PM
Is something going on? D:
I can't connect to gameguard ><

nevermind, i got through ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-09-27 12:41 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Sep 29, 2006, 07:40 PM
It's taking me ages to do anything.
Everytime I try to go to My Room... takes a good minute or so.

mechatra
Sep 30, 2006, 03:53 PM
Just downloading the latest patch.
If anybody figures out what its effected be sure to post it up ^_^

SoujiSeta
Oct 4, 2006, 03:31 AM
Oh well, server down until 5th Oct 5pm ;_;

GaijinPUnch
Oct 5, 2006, 03:00 AM
Extended to 18:00. What a shocker.

SoujiSeta
Oct 5, 2006, 04:03 AM
It's up!

GaijinPUnch
Oct 5, 2006, 04:06 AM
Error 51 hell.
As usual. Great maintence, fucking morons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-10-05 02:09 ]</font>

Cross
Oct 5, 2006, 04:08 AM
Error 51 ahoy, though.

SoujiSeta
Oct 5, 2006, 04:09 AM
Lol i'm in

I'm getting kicked out of the server everytime i enter my room =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-05 02:22 ]</font>

hansolox1
Oct 5, 2006, 11:46 PM
Is anyone playing PSU online right now? I'm on Server1 now. My character name is Solox if anyone wants to play.

SoujiSeta
Oct 6, 2006, 12:24 AM
World 1 is a huge place <_<

Maintenence until 6:30pm -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-06 01:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-06 01:40 ]</font>

Ryna
Oct 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
Since the Japanese server situation seems to have settled down, I am going to desticky this thread and add it to the list of floating stickies. It can be bumped at any time while it remains on the floating sticky list.

uhawww
Oct 12, 2006, 01:23 AM
Weekly Maintenance has been extended to 19:00 JST (6:00 am EST)

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
Extended for another 2 hours... joy.

kyori
Oct 12, 2006, 05:09 AM
21:00 now, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif its old lady lina.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 12, 2006, 05:18 AM
Guess what?
... No, I'm not even going to say it. Instead, I'm going off to bed, this delay is ridiculous...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewearl-Lina on 2006-10-12 05:01 ]</font>

kyori
Oct 12, 2006, 07:07 AM
I'M STILL UP!!! And extremely irritated now. 23:00 now folks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifats lina:

SoujiSeta
Oct 12, 2006, 07:36 AM
Anyone able to get on? o_O
I keep failing to patch the game and timed out.

Lyrise
Oct 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'm more surprised that people are more irritated by the delays than the fact that there will be NO content delivery until further notice.

For those who haven't figured it out yet, the reason why the delays are increasing is because of today's supposed content update. But since they found out it was causing a lot of new problems, they have to delay it till further notice. If anything it's a safe bet that the delays are related to the time it's taking for them to undo the damage the new content caused.

Forget the server up, I'm more interested in when their announcement for the new content comes.

Gumbotron
Oct 12, 2006, 07:45 AM
nope, the update's extend to 23:00 jp time
don't bother trying it too early, and expect the usual 051, 052 and 057s when everyone swarms on;
man... it's a like a bad addiction, sometimes I wonder why I bother

uhawww
Oct 12, 2006, 08:00 AM
Arrgh. Dammit.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=109

We apologize for this great and continued inconvenience.
In the process of implementing the planned content updates, serious problems were encountered.
Due to these events, we will be postponing the update.
We will make an announcement tomorrow October 13, with new information regarding the update.

Urge to kill...
rising...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-12 06:01 ]</font>

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 12, 2006, 08:27 AM
higher expectations lead to bigger disappointments

Lyrise
Oct 12, 2006, 09:28 AM
What's even more annoying is that despite botching this maintenance up, they're still going to go on with the one scheduled for today as well.

Gumbotron
Oct 12, 2006, 09:45 AM
got on now, no new content
i wonder what else st has to do to get me to drop psu, ha ha

Velocity_7
Oct 12, 2006, 10:17 AM
Okay. What kind of asshats are actually running this game?

If it were up to me, I'd do the following:
1. Have a test server running at all times alongside live server; if test server checks out with new content/changes, put it on live server. Then I can guarantee 2-hour maintenances.
2. Use SQL server with relation tables for shops. Searches would run a lot faster compared to using .txt files for shops.
3. Look over the algorithm used for handling users playing all at once.

If SEGA of America hired programmers to work on the PSU database/server stuff I'd join in right away. It's quite clear SEGA of Japan is incompetent when it comes to programming for a PC environment, let alone the server/database itself.

I fear for people who play the Xbox 360 version coming up soon... if it's being programmed by SEGA of America, you guys may have better luck. Otherwise, prepare for the worst...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-10-12 08:19 ]</font>

Kamica
Oct 12, 2006, 10:26 AM
This is quite the shocker to be honest. I cant imagine what could have possibly gone wrong...

I really feel bad for Sonc Team of Japan...this game has probably caused major anxiety for them.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
what's stopping them from hiring much better programming staff and stuff? they should be pouring their best resources to maintain these servers.

uhawww
Oct 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
I'm kind of wondering, what went wrong.
I'm guessing there's a problem witht he Story Mission Implementation or something to that effect...

There also seems to be a fix patch for those with GameGuard drama available from:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=106

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
gameguard....that's messed up companies have to use those things.

Velocity_7
Oct 12, 2006, 11:05 AM
There shouldn't be a need to use crap like this. Make your own stuff. :S

uhawww
Oct 12, 2006, 11:12 AM
Most companies would rather pay for licensing than pay for Programmers...

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 11:36 AM
licensing? whats that?

Ryna
Oct 12, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-10-12 09:05, Velocity_7 wrote:
There shouldn't be a need to use crap like this. Make your own stuff. :S

In most software situations, it is generally cheaper and faster to license (pay to use) someone else's product. Depending on what you are licensing, you are likely to obtain continuing product support from the original maker. Also, it is generally easier to perform quality assurance testing on a known product rather than rolling your own.

AngelLight
Oct 12, 2006, 11:41 AM
gameguard is a horrible product...you would of figured that by now Sega would of gave that company the boot by now.

^Gameguard isn't SEGA's direct product, but rather the product of NProtect (I believe that's the company's name).

uhawww
Oct 12, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-10-12 09:36, Saner wrote:
licensing? whats that?

Whenever you want to install a program on a computer, you must have a license.

When you purchase an application, you are buying the medium with which to install it (CD/DVD/whatever) and a license to install it (usually on only 1 computer).

Licensing and support is how software companies make money.

For example, I want to setup a farm of databases for something, oh I don't, let's say for an online store. If I want to run Oracle 10g Enterprise on all of them (let's say I have 10 servers), not only do I have to get the software, but I have to pay for each computer I install it on, and then perhaps pay more per year I want service and support for it. For Oracle 10g for example, I can download the software for it free of charge, but to actually run it legally, I have to pay up to $3000 for each machine I run it on, or if I have a whole lot of servers (think Google for example), you can get a site license and pay like $30-50k for unlimited installation rights.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
oh okay.

still I wonder if gameguard even helps at all or just hurts it.

mogshaz
Oct 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-10-12 10:07, Saner wrote:
oh okay.

I am suprised it took someoen this long to ask this question. these antihack programs never work and in soem cases make the games work poorly. Anyone here ever play Gunz: The duel? The antihacking program that it uses slows down the servers to a crawl.

Sev
Oct 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-10-12 10:07, Saner wrote:
oh okay.

I think the better question would be to ask if there's any hacking at all? Because an ingame bug, isn't the same thing.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 03:16 PM
ya this is so stupid, Sega needs to re-educate themselves and realize the waste of money on these gameguard programs.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 12, 2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=112
Translation:
"Because a 2 hour maintenance was just too good to be true, we've decided to delay it yet again."

kyori
Oct 13, 2006, 04:01 AM
Well, looks like we got another maintaince on our hands, to try and get the content going again? Here's hoping! 18:00-24:00.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 13, 2006, 04:05 AM
Hoping is all one can do! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 13, 2006, 05:40 AM
When SEGA says 12am think 2am, in this way your life would be a lot happier.

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 05:45 AM
^ I second that.

kyori
Oct 13, 2006, 05:51 AM
Well.. at least today ill be gone camping out for a Wii preorder so no matter XD Here's hoping regardless!

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 10:13 AM
Server up people. Enjoy~
I'll be on if anyone wants to play at World 1.
The new stuff are implemented!!!!!

Lovejuice
Oct 13, 2006, 11:02 AM
I am getting smacked with error 51 all over the show. And changing block once in game is proving to be a bit of a timeout disaster. Is anyone else having server problems? Blargh! Me wants a FiGunner!

SoujiSeta
Oct 13, 2006, 11:04 AM
Do not change universe. A lot of people are logging on right now so it crashes often if you do that.