PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly Is Saved On The Memory Card? PSU Importers

Killuminati
Sep 8, 2006, 12:06 AM
Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to be buying PSU for PS2. I am also going to buy a PS3 so I want to switch over my PSU account later on when it comes. I problaby won't get it until next year due to the shortages.

Anyway I was wandering what exactly is saved on the memory card on PS2 as I want to get the $500 PS3 which doesn't support PS2 memory cards so I was wandering: If I were to create an account now on PS2 would I be able to switch my characters data I have saved on PS2 over to the PS3 without using the memory card? Would I need the memory card to switch my game data over to PS3?

Polly
Sep 8, 2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe not your extra mode characters, cause I think those are saved on the memory card, but your online characters and account are all handled online.

Killuminati
Sep 8, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-09-07 22:09, Triela wrote:
Maybe not your extra mode characters, cause I think those are saved on the memory card, but your online characters and account are all handled online.

Ok, so I assume that If I don't use the memory card that I will loose all my offline data in story mode when switching to PS3?

parabolee
Sep 8, 2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, BUT there will most likely be a solution to the memery card problem eventually. Like an adaptor or something.

It was the same with the 360 but now there are a few ways you can trasfer your saves over from the original Xbox.