PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Offline Character Creation?

Saligun
Sep 8, 2006, 07:36 PM
Is it REALLY nessasary to go all the way to chapter 4 to unlock the character creation mode offline?Because i hate to use male characters,i've never gotten and male PSO character past level 10 before deleteing them.I know you can make a character right away online BUT server side character saving turns my stomach,if the server gets messed up it's bye bye character and all my hours of work or if they have to do what they did to the jp players and reset all there characters to level 1 again because of some new glitch then,i'll have nothing again.But at least offline i'll have a character i can use anytime.But if i have to play a ethan to unlock this option then i might as well scrach this game off my list.The more i read about this PSO game,the less i want it...

Kirashi
Sep 8, 2006, 07:41 PM
yes, not only that, even if u unlock it, you can create a character in extra mode only play up to the content u have finished in your story mode.

JAFO22000
Sep 8, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-09-08 17:36, Saligun wrote:
Is it REALLY nessasary to go all the way to chapter 4 to unlock the character creation mode offline?Because i hate to use male characters,i've never gotten and male PSO character past level 10 before deleteing them.I know you can make a character right away online BUT server side character saving turns my stomach,if the server gets messed up it's bye bye character and all my hours of work or if they have to do what they did to the jp players and reset all there characters to level 1 again because of some new glitch then,i'll have nothing again.But at least offline i'll have a character i can use anytime.But if i have to play a ethan to unlock this option then i might as well scrach this game off my list.The more i read about this PSO game,the less i want it...

Yes, if you are worried about this issue, you should scratch the game off the list.

Kyunji
Sep 8, 2006, 07:53 PM
Wait, so you abhor male characters so much that you just can't stand to play as them?

Go beyond the looks. It's the gameplay that matters. Ethan plays exactly the same as any other character, for the most part; he has some really weird stuff with stats and classes, but otherwise, he's the same as any other character. Besides, chapters aren't that long, and you can easily find a walkthrough if you really want to access Extra Mode so badly.

On the whole, I don't see why playing as a male character would detract from your gaming experience - just remember that it's the gameplay, not the graphics, that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-09-08 17:55 ]</font>

Saligun
Sep 8, 2006, 07:58 PM
The other thing that bugs me about server side saving is if i have to pay to play(which i don't mind doing)it's just that my character is saved on their server,making me feel like i'm renting my character instead of owning it,I know their doing it to stop cheating but from what i've seen already that maybe next to impossible.

Naes_Siwel
Sep 8, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-09-08 17:53, Kyunji wrote:
Wait, so you abhor male characters so much that you just can't stand to play as them?

Go beyond the looks. It's the gameplay that matters. Ethan plays exactly the same as any other character, for the most part; he has some really weird stuff with stats and classes, but otherwise, he's the same as any other character. Besides, chapters aren't that long, and you can easily find a walkthrough if you really want to access Extra Mode so badly.

On the whole, I don't see why playing as a male character would detract from your gaming experience - just remember that it's the gameplay, not the graphics, that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-09-08 17:55 ]</font>

Pretty much what he said. Gender shoulden't really stop you from liking a game or not...

Ryoga4523
Sep 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
yeah that is true what Kyunji said... and also, what do you think about games like WoW, and CoH/CoV, and Ragnarok... all data is stored server side. I have played WoW from the very beginning. I took almost 7 or 8 months off, and my chars info was still there, heck, my unread mail was still in my char's mailbox. So just because stuff is on server side, does not necessarily mean that they do not have back ups of back ups. Have a little faith in SEGA champ, they have been making quality games for atleast half if not all of your life.

JAFO22000
Sep 8, 2006, 08:02 PM
There will always be cheating, but server side saving will prevent a lot more. Whether you save on their server or your HD/mem. card, it's still "your" character.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2006, 10:04 PM
no, looks ARE important.

Chaobo99
Sep 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
I doubt they could stop cheating. But what if they did? WOW O_o

Nilot
Sep 8, 2006, 10:11 PM
I don't like playing as female characters! That is until I played xenosaga then I fell in love with Shion *best friends forever* but anyway, yeah, the gameplay is what it all goes down to, its like they say: "Love knows no gender" its the same for games ^_^

Losodo1976
Sep 9, 2006, 12:27 AM
I know what she means though... at least in the online sense. I'd never use a female character online. In the offline though, if it's part of the game then it doesn't bother me as much.

Hope you don't give up on this game, hehe. Wait until the official NA online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Axios-
Sep 9, 2006, 02:26 AM

You do realize that locally stored characters and server stored characters are completely separate, right? You're willing to drop a game because you don't want to have to play the main game to access an unlockable? And this isn't a PSO game. It sounds to me like you've already decided against PSU anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-09-09 00:27 ]</font>

Arias
Sep 9, 2006, 06:36 AM
I won't mind playing with Ethan, the videos rock http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Though online, I'll probably only play with female characters (maybe a male but whatever) dunno why though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But you really shouldn't scratch the game off your list just because he's a dude, he can't help it :S

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 9, 2006, 06:56 AM
I know you can make a character right away online BUT server side character saving turns my stomach,if the server gets messed up it's bye bye character and all my hours of work

trust me, in my entire 3 years on FFXI i was sooo glad it was the server that kept my data. The amount of times i got disconnected and my characters stats were still there, was a great feeling. Dont fear the unknown its actually a great thing ~_^

Because i hate to use male characters,i've never gotten and male PSO character past level 10 before deleteing them.

slap a pair of tight white pants (Cubic Star pants i think) on him and remove his hoodie to reveal his underwear, and he's practically a gay man ..which is like.. 65% female <_<;; ..GO ON have some fun with it!

PJ
Sep 9, 2006, 07:13 AM
The thing about the offline story is that, you're not playing your character.

Do you play the Legend of Zelda games? ONOES LINK IS A MALE! I dunno, do you just avoid games where the main character is a male? Very doubtful. If playing Ethan is the only thing stopping you from doing story mode... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And from the sounds of it, you don't care too much for PSU, so yeah, don't get it.

Sessilu
Sep 9, 2006, 07:50 AM
LOL! Oh c'mon! Just' cuz the main character you pay with till chapter 4 is a guy? Man... I've played as a girl in many games before, like FFX and FFX-2, and some others I won't recall, like Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and I like to play with them V_V;

What most users said here about Gameplay > Looks is so true.

If you have problems with both the Online and Offline, yeah, scratch the game.

hypersaxon
Sep 9, 2006, 07:55 AM
Don't the majority of all games out there star a male character?

You must not play that many video games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SephYuyX
Sep 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-09-08 17:58, Saligun wrote:
The other thing that bugs me about server side saving is if i have to pay to play(which i don't mind doing)it's just that my character is saved on their server,making me feel like i'm renting my character instead of owning it,I know their doing it to stop cheating but from what i've seen already that maybe next to impossible.

Hi, you must be new to MMORPGs, here let me introduce you. Im Joe, and thats Bob over in the corner, dont go over there though, he likes to bite.

Saiffy
Sep 9, 2006, 11:04 AM
Not like it's so hard to rip character data off the server anyways.

Kirashi
Sep 9, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-09-09 09:04, Saiffy wrote:

REALLY!?!!!?

no... but for reals... what u said is totally not true.

Tystys
Sep 9, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hey man, if I'm going to be staring at someone's backside for hours on end, it might as well be a woman's, AMIRITE?

Saiffy
Sep 9, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-09-09 09:44, Kirashi wrote:

On 2006-09-09 09:04, Saiffy wrote:

REALLY!?!!!?

no... but for reals... what u said is totally not true.

I didn't say how illegal it was, people can rip BB characters off the server, so it's only a matter of time til someone make a program to do the same with PSU.

Though, ripping the character does you know good, unless someone makes a way to use them as your extra mode characters, I guess.

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
It may glitch alot to. What if extra mode lvl cap was raised to 20 and your ripped online char is lvl.100....

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 07:17 PM
I love what they are doing because the cheating in psox ruined the game for me.