PDA

View Full Version : Fun thing about the 1st Dagger P.A. (Offline vs. On)

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 01:25 AM
Did anyone notice how much the first single dagger Photon Art sucks offline? (It's like two sliding forward hits..)

The one you get online for your first P.A. is a lot nicer. It's like two hits and then a jump kick slash thing..

Here's a small 1MB video to compare the two. http://www.vengefulsoda.com/psupic/dagger_pa_off_on.avi

I dunno, just thought I'd mention it if no one noticed. ;(

Kaply
Sep 9, 2006, 04:51 AM
You're using a male vs female. Not sure if this is the exact reason why though. Would need a male who uses one handed dagger to verify this.

Nika
Sep 9, 2006, 05:05 AM
No, PA will be the for both male and female. it is depend on what name of PA you learn.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 06:37 AM
Yeah it's not 'cuz it's male vs. female.. my female Hunter in Extra Mode uses a Dagger and does the two sliding hits forward.

FFR
Sep 9, 2006, 06:39 AM
You can get that PA in offline too.. i got it from Tonnio Rhima when teaming with him doing mission offline. Of course you'll need to S rank that mission.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
I never said you couldn't get the PA offline.. but thanks for the info on how to get it offline. =)

Kaply
Sep 9, 2006, 06:56 AM
You made it sound like they were the same PA in your OP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-09 04:58 ]</font>

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 07:00 AM
Maybe to you who read it wrong. All I said is did you ever notice how the first PA you get offline is different than the one you get online. (Meaning the first PA you can BUY IN THE SHOP..)

I never once said they were the same PA. That was your own fault for reading it like that..

Kaply
Sep 9, 2006, 07:01 AM
No, you said the animation was different you never said you bought two different PAs.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 07:04 AM
Dude, holy shit, do I have to? I never used the word "same" or "identical" in my post. So, you're just going to assume I am talking about the same PA when I said "The one you get online for your first P.A. is a lot nicer".

Where do you think you GET PAs from online or offline? The SHOP. So, therefore, you BUY THEM. It's common knowledge.

Obviously, if you put two and two together, the whole sentence is "The one you get online from the store for your first P.A. is a lot nicer than the one you get offline from the store." but I guess that is a little too difficult for you, so you had to put extra words in there, and assume that I said "The PA you get offline and online are the same, but look different when used online vs. offline" ... That is YOUR FAULT .. not mine.

FFR
Sep 9, 2006, 07:09 AM
That makes me wonder... which saber PA do you get onlien first? The one Hyuga is using with 3 hits or the one with only 2 hits but get to hit mobs fly into the air?

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 07:10 AM
You get the 2 hitter.

Wubbie
Sep 9, 2006, 12:11 PM
Watashi... You didn't make it clear that you were talking about 2 different PAs... It was horrible english on your part.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think it was as much horrible English on my part as poor reading comprehension on other peoples' part.

The "The one you get online for your first P.A." already explains I'm talking about a different P.A. entirely.

Fironial
Sep 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
Does the spin kick knock down the enemy at all? Seems like the first one you get offline would hit more targets and just be better for crowd control and the first one online would be better for damage. Then you have the spinny one for AoE damage... all seems like a matter of preference.

I like the spin kick one the best.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 03:18 PM
It does knock down. It's not as effective as the Saber launch, but it does knock down enemies.

FFR
Sep 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
IMG.. the one getting online first is ALOT better...

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah.. it sucks vs. big monsters, though. It only knocks down small or medium size monsters. (Rappies, the little plant things, the dogs and hopping guys in the relics...) It doesn't knock down big monsters, though.. like the big guys who charge at you in the Relics...

Nodachi
Sep 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-09-09 05:04, watashiwa wrote:
Dude, holy shit, do I have to? I never used the word "same" or "identical" in my post. So, you're just going to assume I am talking about the same PA when I said "The one you get online for your first P.A. is a lot nicer".

Where do you think you GET PAs from online or offline? The SHOP. So, therefore, you BUY THEM. It's common knowledge.

Obviously, if you put two and two together, the whole sentence is "The one you get online from the store for your first P.A. is a lot nicer than the one you get offline from the store." but I guess that is a little too difficult for you, so you had to put extra words in there, and assume that I said "The PA you get offline and online are the same, but look different when used online vs. offline" ... That is YOUR FAULT .. not mine.

Wow, defensive as hell. Get pretty worked up over small stuff huh? Are you one of those people who start to screem and yell on XBL when things get rough? Or like those infamous WoW videos about needing more DoT?

And yeah, the way you did write it, it was pretty confusing. For me anyway who hasn't played the game. It sounds like the -same- PA you got offline, is somehow different online. But it's still the same one you've earned. I guess standard and college education isn't good enough to read your imaculate english.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-09-09 13:58, Nodachi wrote:
Wow, defensive as hell. Get pretty worked up over small stuff huh? Are you one of those people who start to screem and yell on XBL when things get rough? Or like those infamous WoW videos about needing more DoT?

And yeah, the way you did write it, it was pretty confusing.

I just don't like when people make out what I say to mean something else when it's not what I said at all.

Plus, as I said, it only seems confusing if you don't have a good grasp of the English language. So, if you're confused, then it's your own fault. (Which means your standard and college education failed you.. And shouldn't that be "standard and college education aren't good enough", not "isn't good enough"?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-09 14:07 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 9, 2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, I think there has been enough discussion about whether or not watashiwa's post was clear or not. Personally I found it to be perfectly clear, if someone didn't understand it initially, no biggie. By now I think it has been clearly established what was meant. Stay on topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pengfishh
Sep 9, 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah!

Nodachi
Sep 9, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-09-09 14:05, watashiwa wrote:

I just don't like when people make out what I say to mean something else when it's not what I said at all.

Plus, as I said, it only seems confusing if you don't have a good grasp of the English language. So, if you're confused, then it's your own fault. (Which means your standard and college education failed you.. And shouldn't that be "standard and college education aren't good enough", not "isn't good enough"?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-09 14:07 ]</font>

Oh my fault. Yeah you're right. Guess I should look into getting all that money and time back eh. It should be three periods not two where you wrote "(Which means your standard and college education failed you..". So long as we're knit-picking, わたちは。

So for the sake of staying on topic, hotshot-McGee, what's the reason for it being different? Why would they seperate it for online/offline?

EDIT: Woa, JP IME doesn't work. All the jibber was just "watashiha".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nodachi on 2006-09-09 15:22 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 9, 2006, 09:25 PM
This is how you play a hunter (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/Dagger.wmv).

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 09:29 PM
Parn, I can't see the video in your file..

Parn
Sep 9, 2006, 09:30 PM
That's interesting. I'm going to use a different codec, give me a sec.

Edit: OK, retry the above link... I reuploaded the video using Windows Media 9 instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-09-09 19:31 ]</font>

Kyuu
Sep 9, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-09-09 19:25, Parn wrote:

This is how you play a hunter (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/Dagger.wmv).
Nevermind. Was saying the link was broken, but then it magically started working. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-09 19:31 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 9, 2006, 09:35 PM
It worked for me.

Nice. Very nice actually. I'm jealous now.

You're gonna pay for hurting my feelings.

watashiwa
Sep 9, 2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, I wish I could get the complete combo... but Rangers cap at level 10 melee proficiency at the moment. That looks badass, though.

Kaply
Sep 9, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hey parn are you able to buy claws at level 20? I'm wondering if the single handed claws' PA is the same as the offline mode. I loved that PA much more than the saber or the dagger because it was an immediate launching attack and then the second part was a continuation of the combo.

Parn
Sep 9, 2006, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately there are no claws for sale, and at hunter level 4, it and double sabers are still greyed out.

Nuclearranger
Sep 9, 2006, 10:09 PM
Man i wish i had this game so i could argue with people....